Drmies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Drmies

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:17 am

Yet more evidence Drmies either doesn't care about policy, or he is entirely undeserving of his post as a language professor (which he gained through claiming knowledge of policy).

He has just gutted some Lists of beers/breweries, citing some convention that limits these to blue linked entries only, then advised another user to "Please remove those kinds of lists anywhere you see them".

There is no convention of course, that is merely one suggested way to define the inclusion criteria (WP:CSC). Another suggested approach seems like it might be pertinent to this specific type of list....
Short, complete lists of every item that is verifiably a member of the group. These should only be created if a complete list is reasonably short (less than 32K) and could be useful (e.g., for navigation) or interesting to readers. The inclusion of items must be supported by reliable sources. For example, if reliable sources indicate that a complete list would include the names of ten notable businesses and two non-notable businesses, then you are not required to omit the two non-notable businesses. However, if a complete list would include hundreds or thousands of entries, then you should use the notability standard to provide focus to the list.
Of course, one could ask him why he did this, why he ignored a piece of black and white policy (guideline to be technical) and referred to another part of it, an entirely optional part, as a "convention". More importantly, why is he teaching this garbage to other users, who may telling it to other users, etc, etc.

But do so only if you like being fed bullshit and generally being insulted and talked down to, like you're the idiot.

There is nothing remarkable about this either. He screws up like this on a pretty regular basis. And people let him get away with it, on a regular basis.

IntoThinAir
Sucks Noob

Post by IntoThinAir » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 pm

This is IntoThinAir (my username on Wikipedia was changed from Everymorning this past July because I got tired of it). As the creator of the most recent article about Aaij, I also feel that the justification for deeming the content in the article (as well as of course the original version in my sandbox) to violate WP:OUTING is fishy at best, because Drmies revealed what his real name and identity is when he ran for the Board of Trustees in 2013: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimed ... ij_(Drmies) Thus it doesn't seem very logical to argue that me saying that Michel Aaij is Drmies constitutes outing given that Aaij has had no reservations about revealing his own identity as a Wikipedian. Furthermore, he has an alternative account on en.wiki with the username "Dr Aaij" whose userpage says it's one of Drmies' legit alternative accounts. Actually, the WMF Board page I linked to was the source I used both in my sandbox draft and in the actual article I created.

While I'm here actually I'll tell the story of what happened: I created the article on Aaij, categorized it, told Drmies on his talk page "I just created Michel Aaij. Just thought you should know." and then went to bed. When I woke up I found the article was deleted, my edit to his talk page was reverted and revdeleted (both by Drmies himself) and that Drmies had emailed me saying he didn't want the article to stay up because he doesn't think he's notable and that it would facilitate harassment. I don't intend to recreate the article since if I can't link Drmies to Aaij and combine their notabilities they probably wouldn't in fact be notable.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:28 pm

More classic Drmies.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ests_(2016–present)&oldid=858125986#Disputed_Information

For all his insults, arrogance, game playing and poor me schtick, the outcome of the dispute was the article no longer has the content Drmies was unable to defend in the manner all editors are meant to, it the editors he was insulting got blocked anyway.

Is he helping, or harming, Wikipedia? The answer seems obvious.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Bookmarking this for future reference.....

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 5997#p5997

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:29 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Bookmarking this for future reference.....

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 5997#p5997

Embarrassing. Real.

He, Mich, ik zag wat en moest meteen aan jouw en je maten denken. Een droombaan en nog wel binnen jullie interesseveld! Dus, als je academische carriere hierdoor wat deukjes oploopt, er is nog hoop!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Believe it or not, he's talking about what other people do, not him......
I went back through the archives of my talk page: I have been in the middle of mindless reverts on the one hand and insults on the other hand since at least 2011. Drmies (talk) 02:12, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
Talk about lack of self-awareness.

The surprise irony? I only stumbled on this while researching the case of an Administrator who was roundly criticised for jumping on an IP user, falsely accusing them of vandalism and being too quick to block, in a blatant breach of NOTVAND and other policies. That admin decided to leave, rather than face up to the consequences. They had apologised and committed to learning the lessons, but that wasn't enough for the hate mob of AN/I, who sensed blood because this Administrator had committed the ultimate crime - not showing enough loyalty to Wikipedia, not being addicted to the cult. With no hint of irony, Ritchie scoffed at the idea he would pass RfA today. Drmies even had the gall to criticise him, although tellingly only for being trigger happy and anti-IP, not for violating NOTVAND.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Literally zero self awarness....
Informant, surely there are better ways to handle an editorial conflict. I'm sorry you feel this way, but at the same time, if you basically increase the size of an article by 30% without much explanation, and if it looks like what you're adding are all single paragraphs citing single facts, positions, whatever, and nowhere does one see an overarching idea of why those individual things matter, IF, in other words, you turn articles into timelines and give no rationale for inclusion besides basic verifiability, you can expect others to take issue with that. Drmies (talk) 21:10, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
On the rare occasion you see Drmies add anything to Wikipedia, it's usually just factoids inserted piecemeal in this very fashion. I noted one before in here. As for giving no rationale for inclusion besides basic verifiability, users who watch Drmies at work hacking articles to bits, could be forgiven for thinking the only standard he uses to determine worthiness is verifiability.

Anwyay, as is common for people who encounter Drmies, Wikipedia has another satisfied customer.......
There is no way in hell out of 34,602 bytes EVERY SINGLE THING was not worthy of keeping. It's just more generalized lack of humanity and empathy for another user attempting to do something.........I'm not powerful enough to complain.
I love the way Drmies says he's sorry he feels that way. A nice imitation of human empathy there. The real Drmies is the guy who does this.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =858530896

Empathy level? Zero.

There must be countless article talk pages all across Wikipedia with posts that are essentially just complaints about Drmies' behaviour. All ignored, because who the fuck reads article talk pages? Nobody, as trout recently proved, and Drmies surely already knows. He's a proper scumbag, he really is.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:04 am

Wikipedia on résumé
Curiously, do any of you admins put Wikipedia in the volunteer work of your résumé? Spellcast (talk) 18:04, 7 September 2018 (UTC)

Yes--I cite it as community service, and aspects of it fall under professional work. Drmies (talk) 21:25, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
I love it.

What a warped mind, to be able to rationalise his arrogant, threatening and generally hostile manner of Wikipedia editing as some form of community service.

And "professional work"? I've never seen Drmies post a single conflict of interest declaration anywhere on Wikipedia. As I pointed out very early on in a very obvious example.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:33 am

Community service is hilarious, you'll get laughs out of that every day single day watching the Dutch destroyer at work......
QUESTION
Why was my sandbox deleted? I was just running a simulation of Drag Race. Nothing wrong w that. If it has to stay deleted can I at least get my results back again so I can move it to Wikia?Nduke24 (talk) 01:31, 6 September 2018 (UTC)

No, there was something wrong with that: WP:NOTWEBHOST. Drmies (talk) 01:41, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
What kind of community service do you know would happily make use of an asshole like this?

Wikipedia is supposed to be a friendly project. Regardless of the merit of the deletion, since Wikipedia is not in the business of making good faith editors (which they are, looking at their other edits) feel mad/sad, its Administrators are supposed to honour good faith requests like that. And do it politely. It's called not being a dick. An alien concept to this thoroughly contemptible individual, who wears his infinite capacity for dickishness like a badge of honour.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if assholes just somehow knew they were not wanted in any kind of community service activity? That they should ideally stay at home and not interact with any other humans.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:47 am

Community service...... :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =858616465

"All these electrons" indeed eh, just because Drmies thinks community service means making shit up on Wikipedia because you think your middle aged bald white Alabama ass is down with the Kaepernick.....

Like I said in the political bias thread, this guy is who gave Wikipedia cancer, and the world Trump.