Drmies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Drmies

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 am

Who said Wikipedia couldn't transition to the mobile age?
Now you can edit Wikipedia while you are fighting with your wife or your team is losing or your kids have realized you're an asshat, or just because you're a bored asshole looking for people to beat down before bedtime.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 am

Mies is the most destructive element on the internet I have ever seen and that makes him proud. I have seen how destructive he could be with his Natuur12 sock on WP-Nl.
Mies demolish wiki's in a almost industrial way and on a professional level. He knows the weaknesses of for instance desperate woman, jobless peeps, or a mental defect of the participants perfect. He plays them like a music instrument. He is not a gas lighter, no, he is a complete gas factory.

Mies is always looking for the exiting things he obesely can't find in his daily life, although it seems he is born with a silver spoon in his mouth. On WP-Nl I have also noticed he iwas often talking about heavy drinks, not a beer when it was hot or a glas of wine with the dinner, no, about the real stuff like whiskeys.

My armchair diagnose is: This man must be SanFanBanned and he has to talk with someone. And the best would be in this small country with a stupide Dutch psychiatrists in his own culture and he should have a tremendous kick under his ass because he can so much better. And who knows later wikipedia can embarrass the top editor Drmies back and can he make the real career he wants so badly.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:30 pm

Classic Drmies. Treating academic credit as a social tool.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =909435911

I'm assuming he thinks that if Eric Corbett gets (shared!) credit for this old as assmuffins article now, it will convince him he should some back to Wikipedia. If only to help Drmies keep abusing Wikipedia to further his own career. Knowing Drmies, he could even just be exploiting the fact Eric is on hiatus to get credit for his part, knowing Eric can't object to it being submitted, as he may have done as one of his many spiteful acts of protest.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Who said Wikipedia couldn't transition to the mobile age?
Now you can edit Wikipedia while you are fighting with your wife or your team is losing or your kids have realized you're an asshat, or just because you're a bored asshole looking for people to beat down before bedtime.

That is a horrible edit, I'll agree. Context: an SPA appeared in April of 2018, making a large number of small changes over a couple of days to the Lyn Coffin article. Last edit had been Doc James, in September of 2017. So next edit, August 26, 2019, Drmies mangles the page. It will be substantial work to figure out what he did. The link above show what he removed, and this shows the net effect of all the changes since the Doc James edit. I'm not going to figure it out. If I saw this, I'd probably revert his edit, and explain on the talk page that I would go over each change. An extensive change like that without a descriptive edit summary, very much not expected from an admin. The SPA appears to have explained each edit, and without going further, the edits looked good. Drmies left much in place, but also removed much.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Oooooooooooh, it took me long enough, but now I get the extreme vitriol of the Drmies hate...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history

We do have this in common, Mr. Crow, you and I...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =580088418

This led to recollection of a particularly hard-fought AfD debate, in which one intrepid Wikipedian turned around a potential snow delete, proving the AfD system does work, albeit imperfectly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... er_Holtorf

Of course, the guy who worked so hard on the article

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =656849524

only to have it gutted by Dr. Michel was turned into an eternal enemy of the project by his experience (as well as an enemy of WPO):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... rmy_Ranger

I'm just slow on the uptake...

tim

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Carrite wrote:Oooooooooooh, it took me long enough, but now https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =580088418

This led to recollection of a particularly hard-fought AfD debate, in which one intrepid Wikipedian turned around a potential snow delete, proving the AfD system does work, albeit imperfectly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... er_Holtorf

Of course, the guy who worked so hard on the article

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =656849524

only to have it gutted by Dr. Michel was turned into an eternal enemy of the project by his experience (as well as an enemy of WPO):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... rmy_Ranger

I'm just slow on the uptake...

tim
Any reliable encyclopedia would need to have responsible editors, which requires payment, and also requires real reputation to preserve.

Wikipedia process obviously does "work" in some way, but with incredible inefficiency, huge expenditure of time made possible only by it being volunteer time given no general value. All of the features of a functional structure were rejected by the community, early on.

The structure (structure will develop with human activity even if it intends to be ad hoc and non-structural, anarchist) creates roles and people fill the roles, self-selected with a major "qualification" being a willingness to work in an insanely inefficient environment. They then become "valuable volunteers" because they do the massive work required by the grossly inefficient structure. It's all circular, the structure feeds itself.

I used to be active with Article Rescue. There was this little problem. An article would be proposed for deletion, and those users who patrol deletion discussions would pile in and opine. I.e., if an article was deficient, they would vote Delete, and by the time ARS was looking at it, there were already many Delete !votes. So if one did the work -- it's work! -- to find reliable sources and improve the article, all those Delete !votes were sitting there and often later comments were not only in a minority (and that does matter even if they say it doesn't), they might also be ignored, the article would be deleted anyway, and unless one goes through DRV (where it appears that now No Consensus means Keep Deleted), the work to improve the article was wasted.

It's all a product of how deletion is decided, a product of how the community makes decisions. In a real organization, there is no voting until all the arguments have been presented. There is actually a vote on the Previous Question that is essentially "Are we done with discussion, are we ready to vote?" and that normally takes a supermajority, 2/3 vote under Robert's Rules. Under such rules, improvement might actually make much more of a difference. But that is not How We Do Things.

In real organizations, there is no discussion, even, until a proposal has been seconded. Wikipedia in hundreds of ways ignores how functional organizations operate. There is a huge cost to that. Sane people walk away. There are far better and more effective ways to create content and promote knowledge, where your work doesn't vanish because of the opinions of a few ignorant trolls and wikignomes.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Carrite wrote:I'm just slow on the uptake...
You don't even know what you don't know.

Tarantino plays you muggles like a fiddle. My previous replies on this speculation still stands, given no new information has come to light as far as I can tell.

Still, always nice to be reminded your theories of Wikipedia do not hold true. As one of the dumbasses on Wikipediocracy pointed out recently, that article hasn't been improved in the slightest since Drmies engineered the departure of the primary author and the Wikipediocracy inspired attempt to delete it failed. Time is ripe for another deletion attempt, given it is just a vandalism target now.

For every Eric Corbett, there are thousands of MMARs, and Drmies continues his efforts to eliminate every single one of them through exclusively foul means, entirely undeterred by cowering fools like yourself. Always been afraid of the bigger boys, haven't you Timmy?

Rather hilariously, that article has actually been defaced by a tag-bomber. Some cum-guzzler named Cas Liber. We all know what the real content creators think of wastes of space like that. Maybe we can unretire Ritchie333 just to tell him to do something useful with his life?

Oh, wait, HANG ON! Aren't they both now members of Wikipediocracy? Finally, that place's attraction to hosting scum pays off. Now, who can we rely on to get these two to settle the matter - which one of them was the bigger hypocrite in this affair?

Good luck sweet Timmy, you'll do something useful with the knowledge you've gained here, I'm sure. Useful to who, is not so clear. Maybe you should ask Tarantino or Jake what you're supposed to be doing?

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 pm

CrowsNest wrote:For every Eric Corbett, there are thousands of MMARs, and Drmies continues his efforts to eliminate every single one of them through exclusively foul means, entirely undeterred by cowering fools like yourself. Always been afraid of the bigger boys, haven't you Timmy?

I don't think Mies such a supervillain nor do I believe that to be his intent. That said, I don't trust him around meat cleavers and other sharp objects...

I'm 6'4" so there haven't been many "bigger boys" to be afraid of in my life. A few tougher ones, but once you figure out that if they ask you to fight, the correct answer is No, even that's not a problem.

Sorry your Wikipedia experience was so brutal though.

tim

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Abd wrote:In real organizations, there is no discussion, even, until a proposal has been seconded. Wikipedia in hundreds of ways ignores how functional organizations operate. There is a huge cost to that. Sane people walk away. There are far better and more effective ways to create content and promote knowledge, where your work doesn't vanish because of the opinions of a few ignorant trolls and wikignomes.

This is of course 100% true. The Timmy's of this world say, well let's take the collateral damage for grand, only the result counts. But, that will be unplayable at the end. Both in manpower as in money. Because the expanding group of bureaucracy, the bullshit jobs in short who are in general only contra productive must be payed. Because it's a bullshot money scenario.
So constant is more and more bullshit money needed, but the quality of the users, manpower drops. Because no one wants to be someones else his fool and is willing to work for nothing to support a tremendous group of free loaders.
This system must crash at one point. There is for sure a break even point altough we don't know where that is, but it is somewhere. This system will find at one point it's waterloo.

I have seen that in the Eurocrisis from close by, it"s a complete deja vu for me.The system of bullshit money was untenable, that was for us guest on Yanis blog crystal clear. But it seemed endless. But there was a end, o yeh!
We all remember CNN with Athens in flames and Varoufakid on his bike in front. But remember all those proud and arrogant Greeks who thought the money stream was endless are still eating grass!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 pm

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:For every Eric Corbett, there are thousands of MMARs, and Drmies continues his efforts to eliminate every single one of them through exclusively foul means, entirely undeterred by cowering fools like yourself. Always been afraid of the bigger boys, haven't you Timmy?

I don't think Mies such a supervillain nor do I believe that to be his intent. That said, I don't trust him around meat cleavers and other sharp objects...

I'm 6'4" so there haven't been many "bigger boys" to be afraid of in my life. A few tougher ones, but once you figure out that if they ask you to fight, the correct answer is No, even that's not a problem.

Sorry your Wikipedia experience was so brutal though.
Like I said, neither confirm or deny.

You checked with your master yet as to the whole story? Shit, you even researched the history of any of this? Because I have. Because it was me. But also because it wasn't, and I just take an interest in the Drmies abuse cases, because, well, 6'4" or not, you're not going to are you?

Drmies is no supervillain. Who would have to be smart to get away with anything, when the only people they have to worry about is pacifists like you? The irony, a man of non-violence, who still gets his ass kicked regularly in a non-violent medium.

Drmies doesn't respect you, simple as that. He doesn't respect virtually every editor there is or has ever been. You did see him trying to lure Eric back by putting one of his articles up for journal review? That's his way of laughing at all you chumps who have at long last realized how stupid you were to keep bending over and letting him fuck you up the ass. Drmies is with Eric until very end. Just like he is with Malik Shabbaz. Shit, I bet he knows the name of both their current socks, just his little joke on you.

You don't trust Drmies around sharp objects (you've said that to him on wiki, right?). I don't trust him around kids, and he has one. The dude edits all the time, he's angry all the time, he's beating on editors all the time. Not easy to just switch that off. His home is most likely not an environment for a child, but it's Alabama, so.....

You're the bad man Timmy. You the reason Drmies' kid will grow up and become a mass shooter. That and the fact his Daddy can't decide if he's antifa or #MeToo, when in reality he's a big white dude who acts like a big white dude, especially around people he thinks he can bully. He moved from the land weed to the land of bigotry, just so he could complain about bigotry all day long.

You're doing this right thing Timmy, staying away from Drmies. For yourself, of course.