Drmies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Drmies

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:49 am

Does he care that he might be talking to a child? Obviously not. As if Drmies would worry about insulting children anyway! :lol:
My Sandbox
I'm a little annoyed you deleted my sandbox while I was editing it.

Sorry, but you were warned months ago what Wikipedia was not... if you want to keep this content off-wiki I can email it to you. Drmies (talk) 05:16, 11 December 2018 (UTC)

Okay. Email me it Farnell45 (talk) 05:19, 11 December 2018 (UTC)

Check and let me know if you got it. Drmies (talk) 05:23, 11 December 2018 (UTC)

I got it. Thank you, now all those years weren't for nothing.

OK. Ranking Friendship Is Magic episodes and doing reality games can be very time-consuming, no doubt. Drmies (talk) 05:51, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Oh, and the "warning"......
User page

Please see WP:NOTWEBHOST. Drmies (talk) 02:20, 28 April 2018 (UTC)

Goes for sandboxes too. Drmies (talk) 04:21, 11 December 2018 (UTC)

A user told me this was okay, and it was for years, so why start now? Farnell45 (talk) 04:33, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Drmies didn't bother to follow up by responding, he just deleted it and left that perfunctory note, added onto an eight month old message, the infamous ALPHABETSOUP that everybody knows confuses new users (and children).
04:21, 11 December 2018 Drmies (talk | contribs) deleted page User:Farnell45/sandbox (U5: Misuse of Wikipedia as a web host)
So professional. Totally ArbCom material. The perfect Administrator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget the general inability to follow even basic practice, never mind best practice, and therefore the likely impact on the user or Wikipedia, for a moment, and realise that Drmies' complete lack of capability also means he just ends up wasting his own time......
05:22, 11 December 2018 Drmies (talk | contribs) restored page User:Farnell45/sandbox (1,020 revisions) (temporary restoration for emailing)

05:50, 11 December 2018 Drmies (talk | contribs) deleted page User:Farnell45/sandbox (as before)
But hey, who could have predicted the user would want a copy of the deleted material?

What a fucking amateur. Drmies jokes regularly about how he is paid to do this. So we can assume HE THINKS PEOPLE WOULD PAY HIM TO BE THIS SHIT.

One word. FIRED.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:41 am

Totally ArbCom material. The perfect Administrator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wondering if the professor is coming back to Holland for Christmas just like his wiki friend EffeietsAnders, how is arbitrolling himself in to heaven at WPNL at the moment. Maybe they can travel together, so they can talk about the latest arbitroll tricks and the latest troll facts during there trip. That would be nice! :mrgreen:

I real don't know if I have to cry or to laugh Crow, how is it possible someone is ruing his life and career in this way. Because one day you are going to pay the bill, that is clear. And Effe too, because sometimes I have the feeling they are not aware they are on the WWW and there exist a wiki history. It is the same with that Robotje, it is rediciles what he is doing with his abitrolling on WPNL. A lawyer! How is it possible! Two university degrees!
All these guys are doxxed or known by there real name. They are all high educated and have good positions but behave themself like a child five years old, also to me with that SanFanBan with that backward Ymnes person.
It is a very weard and unhealthy situation.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 am

Poetlister wrote:One problem is that professor means different things in different countries. Anyone who is a professor in Britain ought to pass WP:PROF, since most tenured staff are only lecturers, senior lecturers or readers. In the USA, every tenured lecturer gets to be a professor.

The same here. In Holland Drmies had never been a professor, because we have about the same system. He had been universitair docent. And not only a professor means a different thing in different countries, but a lawyer too.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:56 am

On boy. Christmas came early. This is the most Drmies thing that happened in 2018......

Drmies had the category "Wikipedia sex workers" on his user oage, BECAUSE HE'S SUCH A HOOT. And a feminist. Did you know he is a feminist? Anyway, it got deleted at CfD, because stupid. BrownHairedGirl, an Administrator, did her Administrative duty and deleted it from his page, with all the relevant paperwork. Cue lots of idiotic reverting with grown ass men, including Drmies, hurling insults at her. Cue boyfriend Bbb23 getting totally confused in his rush to be Drmies' right hand man.

It's hard to tell what tipped BHG over the edge. It could have been all the locker room humour going on at Drmies' talk page while all this was happening. It could have been his blatant disrespect for his Administrative colleague. It could have been him blaming her for ruining his enjoyment of Wikipedia. Or it could have been the sight of example 3,2817 of Drmies not being aware of a basic piece of Wikipedia policy, namely you do not get to have red linked categories on your user page, not even if you think you are special.

He can hardly claim ignorance, he has been personally involved in many of the battles and debates that led to the current kludge (which, as you might have guessed, has its origins in the Eric Corbett infection), and you would have to be a moron to assume he has never investigated why some of his user space categories are now italicized (due to said kludge).

Still, if the professor keeps wanting people to think he doesn't do background reading, not even over things he gets angry about, angry to the point of edit warring and emotional blackmail, hey, I'm cool with that. More evidence of what he is all about. i.e., not remotely fit to even be a Wikipedia Administrator, barely even inside the average band of general editor population dickishness.

Anyway, whatever the reason, she'd clearly had enough of this bullshit. So she went into SMACKDOWN mode.......
(Sigh). Here we go again.

This isn't complicated: per WP:REDNOT, don't put redlinked categories on pages, and don't retain [[:Category:Foo]] on a page after Category:Foo has been deleted. All redlinked categories (on articles, userpages, or any other namespace) are listed together in cleanup lists such as Special:WantedCategories (which is where I found this one). Those cleanup lists are supposed to be (wait for it!) cleaned up, not filled with permanent entries because some editors decide to ignore a CFD consensus.

If there's some point which an editor wants to make on their userpage, there are many other ways to do it: userboxes, text, pictures, whatever. Make it humorous, whimsical, polemical or whatever. But categories either exist or they don't: placing a page in redlink throws an error which impedes the work of others. No matter how screamingly funny anyone thinks the redlinked category is, it's still impeding cleanup.

And yes, there are many many other things to be cleaned up on en.wp. That's why I think it's a huge pity that so much of the time spent by those of us who clean up Special:WantedCategories is taken up by the tiny number of editors who seem to think that their unique sense of humour or justified indignation or whatever entitles them to ignore both a consensus and WP:REDNOT and make work for others. All the time spent on dealing with that drama could spent on other editing, or on life joys such as listening to children's ukulele practice or playing with cats.

That's why Category:Wikipedians who retain deleted categories on their userpages was created as a kludge. Re-creating the category page as a redirect to Category:Wikipedians who retain deleted categories on their userpages, gets the thing out of cleanup lists, and allows the editors involved to feel v proud (or whatever) that they disregard a consensus decision and have apparently no reservations about impeding the encyclopedic maintenance work done by others. If you're happy to join that set, then all is sorted. Personally, I'd not want to be in that group, but YMMV.

I should probably make a template of the above, because it's a regular issue, tho only with a v small number of editors. Amazingly, 99.99% of editors manage to express all their talents and humour and considered views and beliefs and allegiances without trying to populate deleted usercats. They just post a thank-you notification when their page is fixed. Odd, that: how can the 99.99% be so wildly out of step? Face-wink.svg

Anyway, have a lovely Christmas and great new year. I hope a substantial pay rise comes your way soon, that any street-work in the meantime is lucrative, and that your daughter and cat continue to enrich your life. --BrownHairedGirl (talk) (contribs) 03:45, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
Strong stuff, albeit the effect of some of these clap backs is lost when seen in a place which is more frequently the venue of less couched insults and overt attacks.

She wasn't being mean in that last line, it was simply a reaction to Drmies' pathetic jokery and his tendency to over-share, as if trying to get people to sympathise with him and overlook how much of an absolute asshole he really is. Didn't work on BHG.

Speaking of which......
Also, fun fact: at my place of employment they're now finding some money for new hires, since so many of my colleagues are fleeing the sinking ship. So I was on this hiring committee, and the person that were hiring at the assistant professor level gets a salary that's actually equal to mine--and I'm associate, tenured, with twelve years in. Keep faculty happy! Hmm I see we don't have an article on the topic: Pay compression. Drmies (talk) 21:52, 21 December 2018 (UTC)
In my experience (as an observer, not a victim, obviously), pay compression only happens to people the organisation isn't all that fussed about retaining. Since it is easy to find out you are being screwed, the company takes the view that if you leave, it's no loss, and if you stay, their assumption that you were a pushover who values your undervalued job more than your self respect, was correct.
Rosie is learning how to play the ukulele, and even if she were just farting around with the cat, that'd be infinitely more exciting than working on Wikipedia right now. Bbb23, thank you--you'd be impressed with Rosie's progress on "Let It Be". And when I've had my fill of fun things here I'll come up with a reason of sorts to make the category viable, even if I have to suck some dicks to get it done. Drmies (talk) 02:34, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
What possesses someone to include their own daughter's name in a post where you joke to random strangers on the internet that you're going to have to suck some dicks?

It is hilarious to think how close Wikipedia came to electing this fool to the Arbitration committee. Can you imagine the shame in having to recuse from a Case brought to deal with those sad bastards who keep complaining about the "fun police" and creating assorted disruption to those ends, because you are one of those sad bastards? Although this is Drmies, it is debatable he would have even recused.

Anyway, so Drmies is feeling discouraged. Ah well.

And dude, seriously......

-watching your daughter at play "even if she were just farting around with the cat"

-editing Wikipedia

I feel bad for your daughter (and your wife) that in your sad life, this is even an equation that can ever see the latter outweigh the former.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Honestly, Drnies attracts gender traitors like flies on shit.....
From my point of view there is no reason whatsoever you cannot exercise judgement and leave user page categories red. So what if you wind up with a few pages of red-linked categories on that internally generated list. You make a choice to seek to totally clean it out. You have not been reading what we have written. Yngvadottir (talk) 05:18, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
What a surprise that her point of view is that BHG should just suck it up and let Drmies do what he wants, and if that means she has to be inconvenienced, well, fuck her. That is the calibre of woman that rallies to Drmies' side - no reason is ever good enough, no argument ever compelling enough, no logic ever sound enough. If it upsets Drmies, if it inconveniences him, it is a wrong opinion.

Despite many thousand words having been used to explain the issue, now and before, unsurprisingly Drmies is still claiming he just doesn't get it. Yeah right. This isn't rocket science. His claimed confusion is deliberate deceit, because if he were to admit he understands but he just doesn't care, that would reveal his true self. The true self this gender traitor friend is fighting hard to defend.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Attribution, Drmies style.
03:27, 28 December 2018 diff hist +2,092‎ N Augusta Peaux ‎ all this borrowed from the Dutch wiki
Just another policy he either doesn't understand, or doesn't care to follow properly.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:13 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Attribution, Drmies style.
03:27, 28 December 2018 diff hist +2,092‎ N Augusta Peaux ‎ all this borrowed from the Dutch wiki
Just another policy he either doesn't understand, or doesn't care to follow properly.

Well it's complicated to fill out all the templates you need for attribution. Not surprised he can't figure it out.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Lishen, we, the Dutch have a lot more talent to offer to Wikipedia-en a la Drmies. In fact we have a whole wiki to offer filled up with nonsens and crap and idiots as you can see.
Well, you know my proposal. Drmies and EffIetsAnders are already there in the States, and we send the rest of all that wiki talents also to the outer site of the ocean. So, that shitty Americans with there shitty Foundation have all there shit back.
Just back to sender. Our two top export products are already there, Drmies and Effe, let the rest follow them. Because than are we ride of them and the pedia crap. It is a win-win situation.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Of course it is clear this kind of edits are not made by the professor himself. Properly this edits are made by one of the Dutch page watchers, who are niet als een ander, as we say in Holland. The professor didn't take responsibility for this account for one single reason. Because it is a troll bot account just like the Moira-NL account was.

It is managed in exact the same way. Guys like Ymnes manage this kind of accounts, it's wikipedia's cork. That is the reason they are almost holy and always pampered and protected. And I think this Drmies account is indeed a Dutch export product because everybody was thrilled in WMF about the Moira troll bot account.

They are so incredible stupide, because of course this kind of guy screw everything up.