The Rambling Man

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Rambling Man

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
CrowsNest wrote: I confess I don't even remember what he had on it. Probably just a pathetic rant.

I seem to recall it looked like a mad persons scrapbook, complete with a boomerang gif and some 200% bold all caps fuckery about WP:ERRORS2 and how many errors he fixed. Shame I don't have a screenshot really.
Archive copies merely remind us of the time he tried to conflate the treatment of Administrator Coffee with the Charlie Hebdo terror attack.

Wikipedians have always had problems with perspective. They never really understand how truly offensive these things could be to those who actually experienced the real life tragedies being referred to. It seems little comfort that they are never likely to hear of it themselves.

Just another sign of their very distorted view of the world, aggravated by their addiction. Trapped inside the wiki-bubble, everything inside looks huge, everything outside, tiny.

In that respect at least, you could find hope in the fact they are not treating TRM's departure as a tragedy for Wikipedia. Or you could, if you didn't know that if even half the things he claimed about himself were indeed true, there would be a huge pity party going on right now. C.f. the mass grief at Jytdog's departure.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Under cover of the New Years festivities, the Rambling Man has snuck back into Wikipedia.

It is only 1 January, and the sad fuck has already made 88 edits. That's been in just under four hours. He will probably top 200 by the end of the day. Must have a lot of unspent addiction to work through.

Anyone expecting an explanation for his mysterious dissappearance, well, what a fool you are.

Rather than apologise to those literally five users who expressed sadness that he might have retired, he's simply blanked their messages of concern, and replaced it with a typical sort of post, half egotistical, half menacing.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =876217628

If not explained by his usual love of playing games, quite why people needed advance warning he was going to be back in twelve hours, is a mystery. Perhaps this was a case of him getting drunk, having a moment of weakness, and using it as a way to ensure he feels like he had no choice to return. He can't go back on a drunken promise, right? People would be so disappointed. That nobody noticed the good news, is not important. :lol:

Perhaps he meant he would be returning much later in January, but then his addiction took hold and he simply couldn't wait. The fact he was absolutely desperate to immediately start broadcasting how many "LIVE ERRORS" there were once he got back in the saddle, suggests not. Must have been a bit of a disappointment that in reality, even though nobody noticed the good news he was coming back, they noticed his ERRORS so quick he wasn't able to glory in it for any time at all.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =876284280

Sad fuck. Never was the phrase "get a life" so apt.

As that implies, he has restarted his mothballed ERRORS project with gusto, and certain scumbags, chiefly Ealdgyth, have already enthusiastically begun to act on it. If he has noticed the absence of it didn't result in anything bad happening, nor did it result in those same Administrators doing any error hunting themselves, he is of course not prepared to admit it. He will see it as confirmation of him being indespensible, when in reality it shows he is merely being used. As every editor in Wikipedia is.

Dude doesn't even realise that they were watchlisting his ERRORS page and therefore acted upon it quickly, so they either aren't similarly watching his talk page, perhaps due to the endless stream of self-reinforcing nonsense, or they saw the notice of his impending return, and didn't care enough to respond. Embarrassing either way.

With his tantrum project and other edits in full flow, he has still not restored his user page. Perhaps he has forgotten he even deleted it? He certainly doesn't appear to be embarking on a career of that of a deliberate troublemaker as many such redshirts do, but his level of ordinary assholery surpasses what many of those disaffected users went on to achieve. We can assume he intends to carry on being his normal self. His user page will likely be restored the next time he has something really big to complain about. Because that is what it is there for, after all. :roll:

We can only guess at what lies he will tell about the reason for his festive holidays, and his return. For now, he is pretending like it never even happened. And that is to be expected. The fact that he tried to make people think he had retired after failing in his campaign to get his hardened restrictions lifted, and nobody really gave a shit, least of all to start a campaign to have them rescinded, has to be pretty embarrassing.

He left it a while, and when nobody started to notice his absence from Main Page quality control at all, he must have really started to panic. Even I had begun to forget about him, although I only didn't notice his notice of impending return because I have a life. The Wikipedians who service his tantrum page, don't. Ealdgyth is already past 80 edits today. But had he done it tomorrow, I likely still would have missed it.

The lies have already begun of course, before he has even actually talked to anyone. Before he left, he claimed his new restrictions meant he couldn't even review GAs anymore, lest he be blocked, because obviously you can't review someone's work without questioning their comptetence. In his mind anyway. It is garbage, he likely knew it was garbage, and the fact his user page now displays this banner......
GAN review service, at your service
Feel free to leave requests for reviewing GANs, I seek nothing in return. Just add the request in a new section on this talk page, and I'll do the rest of it.
.....seems to confirm it. He could of course be trying to encourage people to request so he can find says of testing the restriction, in the hope his fears come true. You don't think he's that sad, that desperate, that buried in his own ego? Just read this thread, you will find confirmation that he is that person, and more so.

Before he left, he did of course also promise he would be revisiting those unacceptable restrictions with an ARCA of his own. That obviously won't be happening now he has returned, because even if he isn't setting out to get himself trapped, we know as a rule that TRM is just full of shit. Following up on his threats, is not something he is known for. Quite the reverse.

As usual, it seems there is a healthy supply of Wikipedia editors willing to eat his shit. If there wasn't, Wikipedia might actual succeed in its goals.

We'll know more when someone engages him in conversation, to ask him what's been going in, how he is. Sad fuck that He is, he will be waiting desperately for that opportunity to spill his guts, tell us his tales of woe, and how He is back to SAVE WIKPIEDIA in spite of all the terrible personal hardships he has to ensure in doing it. He just presumably spent the festive period on one of those traditional two week funerals we have here in Britain. Because if his dear old imaginary dead Grandad isn't in the ground by now, he must be in an absolute state.

Hopefully nobody asks. Hopefully nobody gives him any excuse at all to spew forth, and he has to resort to telling us all even though nobody asked. Which will be hilarious, because normal people, the people who don't like eating shit morning noon and night, will wonder why these things weren't said the moment he came back.

Whatever he says, it won't fit the facts in the ground. Nobody will care. Lying to everyone, even living your own fantasy life where you have to actually delude yourself, is not seen as a bad thing in Wikipedia. It is arguably a prerequisite. Normal, well adjusted people, simple wouldn't put up with it.

Not that it needs saying, but the manner of his return really is pretty convincing proof he hasn't in all likelihood been away from Wikipedia at all. He will have been socking, or at least editing logged out, but somewhere well away from where he would be noticed. Nobody will have CheckUsered him, even though he has every reason to try to find a way he can evade scrutiny and just edit like he is under no restrictions at all, if only for a bit. A holiday, if you will. We all like to pretend we are someone else on our holidays, don't we? People have been checked for far less.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Who ever heard of leaving readers instructions in how to use a website cited as a source?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:There_She_Goes_(TV_series)&diff=next&oldid=871660244

Ever heard of someone edit warring over such an issue?

Is he mad? Or is he trying to pick a fight?

The editor he is fighting with, is questioning one of TRM's entries in his tantrum ERRORS page in an unrelated article (Butterfly).

View the ERRORS fight, in all its glorious stupidity......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:The_Rambling_Man/ERRORS&oldid=876346999

And yes, he did end it in his usual fashion - interpreting something that was not a personal attack as one, as an excuse to telling them to go away.

This is all happening under the noses of Administrators. They really could care less.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Look at this dumbass (same url as above).....
David Long Jr.

"the West Virginia Mountaineers football record for single-game tackles for a loss" so could someone explain to me in what way this is interesting to a broad audience? It looks like college football trivia of the highest order, a record for a college team for a single game counting tackles in a game that was eventually lost? Seriously?
Already he has transitioned from criticism (I don't understand this, can someone clarify it) to questioning competence (he thinks he knows what it is, which must mean the editor who added it, doesn't recognise trivia).

A violation of his ArbCom sanction in his very first day back. Who is surprised?

Nothing will be done.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:53 am

Unsurprisingly, it was the man with the brown tongue who gave TRM the opportunity he was waiting for.....
Erm
Talk about making me feel inadequate. Welcome back old boy. And a happy new year. --Dweller (talk) Become old fashioned! 10:07, 2 January 2019 (UTC)

Not at all, just making up for lost time. And waiting for that first absurd block based on the absurd Arbcom wording! Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right.... etc. The Rambling Man (talk) 10:09, 2 January 2019 (UTC)

Just edit. It's great to have you back. --Dweller (talk) Become old fashioned! 10:20, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
He was so desperate to get this out he entirely forgot the social convention that if someone wishes you a Happy New Year, you return the sentiment.

Dweller won't mind, of course. For whatever reason, he has chosen to be the submissive in this relationship. Makes sense if he thinks he's the younger of the two. Surprised he even found the guts to tell TRM to "just edit" in the face of his whining. Very disrespectful.

And if you don't want to hear TRM whining, you don't engage him in conversation. Dweller knows that, surely. Whining is what he lives for.

Speaking of which, yes, how can TRM possibly edit, under this "absurd" restriction.......
The Rambling Man (talk · contribs) is prohibited from posting speculation about the motivations of editors or reflections on their competence.
The answer is, because nobody will enforce it, of course. Because now I read it agaon, the above statement......
It looks like college football trivia of the highest order, a record for a college team for a single game counting tackles in a game that was eventually lost? Seriously?
......is clearly a reflection on competence and speculation on motives.

The Rambling Whiner has had copious amounts of feedback, and two weeks off for reflection, and he still refuses to accept that it is entirely possible to point out potential deficiencies in articles (if we accept him not being able to understand text is a deficiency) without adding what he added here. He does it because he simply cannot stop putting other people down, he clearly has a massive personality defect, an ego disorder.

If you just fell to Earth now, you would identify this behaviour as WP:inCIVILity and WP:DISRUPTive, and thus marking him out as entirely incompatibile with Wikipedia. You would see clearly that everyone who enables him and pretends with him as if these are myths, the false accusations of Evil Men, is standing against the ideals and goals of Wikipedia.

The Wikipedians have been inoculated to it. The Rambling Asshole has been incivil and disruptive for years. They are collectively either too scared, or too corrupt, to act on it. And yet he still acts like he is the victim!

Imaginary dead Grandad would be ashamed of what his grandson-like-a-son is really like. Assuming he wasn't also a complete asshole. Maybe TRM can't help who he is, maybe he was mistreated as a child.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Doubling down.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =876456554

....a second insistence that despite not knowing what the words mean, he is still certain it must be unimportant trivia.

Brown nose Dweller is so desperate to be seen as his friend and ally, he's making a right tit of himself......
Current DYK includes on Main page and in the text the expression "tackles for a loss". Tackles is wikilinked in both places, but I'm at a loss as to what "for a loss" means. Does it means most tackles made in a game that's lost? Most tackles made in moves that the defence lost yards in? Or the offence? I quite like American football, but the esoterics of the stats fests it offers are bewildering and shouldn't baffle readers. --Dweller (talk) Become old fashioned! 12:31, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
Sorry, but no. Nobody who "quite likes" American football, would be phased by hearing "tackles for a loss" in the context of a linebacker's performance, nor would they be unable to assess it's triviality in any given statistical context.

He's merely saying whatever he thinks TRM wants him to say.

WHO'S A GOOD BOY! You are Dweller. Your nose smells a bit though.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 am

Spill spill spill. Wah waah waah.
DYK advice
Sorry to've dragged you into this request for DYK-related advice. I'd thought you were just circumscribed from posting at DYK itself, not from talking about it. That seems a bit much, and it's a loss to the community when someone who knows more about a process than probably anyone is barred from sharing any advice about it. :-(  — SMcCandlish   20:19, 2 January 2019 (UTC)

I'm not even sure I can respond to this post, but thanks, we'll see I guess. You can thank Arbcom in their wisdom for making such a disruptive move, and voting on it all while the wording of the decision was being changed, even up to the last minute. There's a saying about asylums and inmates etc, but I'm sure that doesn't even apply. The Rambling Man (talk) 20:29, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
Jesus.

"I'm not even sure I can respond to this post"

Then why the fuck are you responding, dipshit? There is a convention on Wikipedia that people who have good faith intentions to abide by a restriction, seek clarification in situations like this, before they commit what they fear is a possible violation.

The only people who say dumb shit like this, and then go ahead and do what they're supposedly afraid of being blocked for, are people looking to get blocked.

Is that person you dickhead? We know it is, your entire purpose is causing disruption, but just for once, have the balls to admit it.

Like I said, the sad fuck was just sitting there, waiting, waiting for anyone to come along, just so he could tell his tale of woe.

Even as he complained about his restriction to this idiot, he of course violated it (speculations on motives and reflections on competence aplenty here).....
Yeah, the heating coil. DYK is easy; you just do a mini-writeup that sounds interesting, and make sure the article is properly sourced and doesn't have dispute tags in it, as I recall. I think WP:DYK has all the details. The Rambling Man can probably provide advice.  — SMcCandlish 13:26, 2 January 2019 (UTC)

Nope, thanks to the latest Abrcom shitfest, I am not allowed to make any such comment. I can, however, review articles outside the scope of that project. I think. Mind you, some of those Arbs who voted for the restrictions weren't even sure about that. The Rambling Man (talk) 13:40, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
I think by the end of the week he will have violated it about ten times. And nobody will have done anything. Because it really was just a pointless circus.

Not for the first time, in the cases of the really disruptive pain in the ass users, the issue of whether or not endlessly whining about the existence of a topic ban, itself represents a violation of the topic ban. Given the purpose of it is to get you to shut the fuck up about the topic and move on to something else.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:58 pm

He did it. He tripled down.....
Too late, but a tackle for a loss means that the offense lost yardage (i.e., the tackle was made behind the line of scrimmage). I made it clearer in the article. —howcheng {chat}

I don't think that's the point really, it was a completely trivial intersection of factoids which would be of interest only to the most diehard of college football fans, most definitely not "interesting to a broad audience".
Since he never had the first clue what the statistic even meant, and clearly has no knowledge of American football in general, he obviously has no idea who would be interested by it (or more importantly, how significant it is to the article). Even after it has been explained to him what it means, so he now has no excuse for his ignorance of such things (not that he had any before, these things are easily Googled).

TRM is an absolute bullshit artist, and countless Wikipedia Administrators are just standing around doing nothing, or worse, indulging him. This is Wikipedia. Specifically, this is apparently the Wikipedia Quality Control Department.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =877447003
What the fuck is this tripe?
"echoes the theme" is not encyclopedic language. If it's a quote, quote it. Otherwise, it's bollocks. And "echoes the theme" is by its nature a personal opinion, so that should be reflected in the hook, it's not Wikipedia saying that the "theme" is "echoed", it's someone else. Come on, you all should know this by now, to try to defend it is absolutely pathetic.
What on Earth is he even trying to say? Is it inadmissible phrasing because it is personal opinion, admissible if done with attribution to the person whose opinion it is, or admissible if reflecting the opinions of multiple persons without any significant dispute?

The bloke has supposedly read the article, so he should have some idea which of these critiques is relevant. Just as he should know that it it doesn't need to be presented as a quote in the scenarios where that applies. It is perfectly possible that the hook entered, was entirely intended to be read as Wikipedia's voice. Is that inadmissible? Is he disputing that is the case based on the source? Who the fuck knows, from this garbled "error report".

And on he spews.......
Attribution and quotation is far better than the pathetic crap being defended beforehand. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but then I remember that it's all about the readers and not some kind of odd trip to defend the indefensible. Thanks Amakuru!
Reflecting the sources (if this is the universal undisputed view) would be pathetic crap? Fuck off. And what actually happened was that this bizarre need to both quote and attribute, when only the latter is required (we presume, we still don't know if anyone has researched this in sufficient depth to know), resulted in the reader being quite unable to spot who was being attributed in the resulting 32 word sentence.

This fucking pillock is now boasting of having identified 1,000 Main Page errors in 170 days. All for the readers, apparently. If we assume the average reader of Wikipedia thinks and reads exactly the way this prat does.

An audit as to how many of these were even errors, if he is even reading the articles before he jizzes all over his keyboard, is definitely required.

It occurs to me that he (and Wikipedia it seems) considers even something as trivial as a missing full stop as an error. Even then, when I checked his first archive, I found 1 in 10 entries were unambiguously not "errors'. So you can probably change that to 900 straight away.

Can't you Dweller? You shit-eating sub.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:37 pm