The Rambling Man

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Rambling Man

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 am

Got away with that edit war with just an official warning. :roll:

Amateur hour stuff.

Could have all been prevented years ago, either by reforming him into an acceptable editor in the established manner, or telling him thanks but no thanks, no psychiatric cases please, just go back to beating your wife or kicking your dog or whatever the fuck a person like you probably does in real life.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Blocked for 48 hours. Not making a blind bit of difference so far, he is predictably using his talk page to recruit proxies to make the edits he cannot for this limited time.

Just one thing though.......this is of course, in part, but a very significant part, a clear cut violation of his topic ban:
The Rambling Man is topic banned from making any edit about, and from editing any page relating to, the Did You Know? process. This topic ban does not apply to User:The Rambling Man/ERRORS and its talk page or to articles linked from DYK hooks or captions (these may be at any stage of the DYK process).
I wonder if the reason nothing has been done is because they simply cannot handle the drama that would ensue, or if they have simply forgotten, due to the myriad of different restrictions this problem child is now under.

Here's the full list.....

-Interaction bans with Bishonen and George Ho.

-Civility restriction (no speculation on competence or motives)

-Topic ban from DYK (with limited exemptions, not including his main talk page)

Over to the genius bar, for their next grand idea in how to prove to us all that they have got some hope this doesn't eventually end in a site ban, and all we are doing here is documenting the how and why.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:17 am

Block expired, with not one person having the courage or sense to notice he was violating one of his sanctions while serving out the ridiculously short and ridiculously late block applied for violating another.

Has the block worked? Well, I'd say this does not exactly look like someone who is trying their very hardest to avoid being seen as someone who is prepared to question other editor's motivations or competence......
Pull nope, numerous paragraphs without citation. The Rambling Man (talk) 08:18, 5 February 2019 (UTC)

There is no requirement for every paragraph to have citations. — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 08:35, 5 February 2019 (UTC)

It's a BLP, and it has masses of unreferenced text. Please pull it, it's an embarrassment and a violation. The Rambling Man (talk) 09:11, 5 February 2019 (UTC)
It exudes the very same arrogance and warped self-image that put him in this situation.

He is, OF COURSE, wrong on the police argument. Flat wrong.

WP:BLP:
All quotations and any material challenged or likely to be challenged must be supported by an inline citation to a reliable, published source. Contentious material about living persons (or, in some cases, recently deceased) that is unsourced or poorly sourced—whether the material is negative, positive, neutral, or just questionable—should be removed immediately and without waiting for discussion.
Not even close to a blanket requirement.

As with previous blocks, it isn't a case of if, it is when, and how many more people are going to needlessly be insulted, how many editors walk away because they see this piece of shit getting special treatment, until he is finally site banned.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:33 pm

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:52 pm

This is too hilarious for words. The Rambling Dickhead just ran a truck through his restrictions (and violated a bunch of normal policies as well), and he totally got away with it. Nothing new there, but check out the new and extraordinary reasons why......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =882169884

Lord Roem: The restrictions aren't meant to be applied to every comment TRM makes :lol:

Sandstein: The restrictions only apply to comments about ordinary editors, not Arbitrators or WMF staff/appointees :shock:

And Sandstein has also generously extended the provisions of BANEX to mean if TRM thinks he he is being "harassed" by someone reporting a violation, the sanctions don't apply there either, he is under no obligation to restrict his complaints to the proper venue or indeed formally file a complaint at all. He can just whine away and make empty threats to his heart's content, like the little bitch he has always been.

This is fucking insane. You can add about six months too the expected time he will eventually be banned, given all the new loopholes he has now learned of (at this point the sanctions are more loophole than substance).

Oh, and of course, as has happened before, when Sandstein acts on a TRM AE report but in a way that benefits TRM, even if it is fucking insane in its logic, nobody has a problem with that, neither TRM, or his scummy enablers like Black Kite or Sitush, choose to see this as INVOLVEMENT, there is no screaming for his head.

To cap it all off, the closure, by GoldenRing, is epic in its bad faith. He has taken the single bitchy comment of Sitush (who has need made a good faith comment in his life), as evidence that "several editors" think Softlavender is being over-zealous, and should stop bothering themselves with monitoring TRM's compliance. Unless by several, he is counting TRM too. You wouldn't discount it.

These people. Into the sea with them all.

This fucked up project needs to die.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:51 am

Folowing an edit war with Johnbod, he has committed multiple violations of his no speculation sanction, and his civility sanction, all under the noses of countless Administrators, as usual.

Since there is a large group of enablers willing to claim black is white with respect to these sanctions, I shall simply refer to the most obvious.......
And you've met him a few times? I see... The Rambling Man (talk) 17:55, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
......in response to......
I really don't want to cause anguish and drama. I've met Johnbod at several London meetups and have had fruitful discussions with him, while TRM has been very helpful in conducting GA reviews when nobody else has stepped up to the plate. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 17:34, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
What TRM "sees", obviously, is an Administrator who will show favouritism to one party in a dispute. This is such a blatant and obvious example of the sort of toxic/flamey speculation TRM is not meant to engage in, he knew he needed to at least take precautionary measures, hence why he chose not to spell out the obvious inference, nor make the comment in the same place as the post he was replying to (AN/I).

What they should have done, was sanction him against tedious repetition and general whining, because he's done a shit-ton of that.

Seeing him up on his high horse about edit warring is of course hilarious, given what was documented a few weeks ago here (but completely ignored by the cowardly Administrators). He could be blocked for that pattern of disruptive behaviour alone, like any n00b would be, but the as usual, they just keep telling him what he's supposed to be doing, and he just keeps ignoring them, to post his repetitive whines. On and on it goes.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:16 am

Despite claiming to have travelled half way around the world for a holiday in the last few days, literally, at time of writing The Rambling Dickhead has 39 posts on AN/I right now, every one in the one long section that has sprung up around his fight with Johnnbod, which was already trivial when it began.

Far from his paranoid suggestions that this whole thing is an exercise in entrapment, when you look at how it has all progressed, and how and when he has posted to it, you can only conclude that he is trying to keep it alive, trying to stoke the fires, trying to get someone to do something that will require him to spend the next two weeks tied to his keyboard fighting for his wikilfe, rather than being on holiday.

It's tedious to watch after a while, given his predilection for repetition, but this little gem caught my eye......
all of my edits to every page I edit every single day is to improve the experience of our readers
It reminded me of the famous Chris Rock routine.....

I take care of my kids

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:56 pm

:lol: Priceless.
I couldn't possibly comment. As Arbcom, in its "wisdom", has decided that I can't comment on the motivations of other users, I think responding to this, regardless of my comments, would fall squarely against that sanction. Sorry I can't help with this. The Rambling Man (talk) 13:09, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
Like the last five days at AN/I never even happened.....

He really does take people for mugs. Sadly, they seem all too keen to be so taken.

He questioned the motives (and/or competence) of not one but two Administrators in this one post....
Firstly, please note that any claim of "CITEVAR violation" is utterly incorrect, and under considerable debate. Ed, your post is great, but reading it twice (or three times) really seems to back up the idea of ownership of articles. And that's not what this project is about. I improved citations, I don't need to ask permission from anyone to do that, and to remove the improvements should be considered disruptive, not to add them. But to the point: Ritchie, you didn't do anything, and that was a serious failure of your responsibilities. Forget the 3RR, forget the CITEVAR (which is very much open to debate), forget even the overt abuse of rollback, but you allowed another user to use personal attacks against me a number of times. And whether that was part of the initial report or not is irrelevant. You failed in your duty. I don't know why you got engaged when you later said that you'd met Johnbod in person a few times, that's highly inappropriate, some might say biased, even if it just looks that way. Incidentally, your claim of "edit warring with Atlantic306" is utter bullshit. I stated clearly that I didn't need to add a "reactions" section to a draft article, and my edit was undone by Atlantic. I simply restored my edit and suggested that things should move on when it was abundantly clear that the article was of sufficient quality for the main page. To claim that as as some kind of "close to edit warring" is utterly disingenuous and needs to stop. It appears that my trust in you has absolutely and completely evaporated, and that's a real shame, because I thought you were one of the decent ones. I think you should continue to be an admin but for me, this is terminal. The Rambling Man (talk) 12:17, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
......and they're his supporters!

And of course the closing Administrator got the treatment too, not fifty minutes after he mentioned his Arbcom sanction above.......
Appalling closure. So the whole "did he or didn't he" violate CITEVAR remains unaddressed, the personal attacks including calling me a troll and a vandal remain unaddressed, the abuse of rollback remains unaddressed... Well done admnins, you've excelled once again. The Rambling Man (talk) 13:59, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
In the UK, we call this taking the absolute piss.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:06 am

:lol:
I'm failing to see the logic. Hamlet (as a random example I clicked on) doesn't seem to have a potted summary of Shakespeare's life or of Elizabethan London or of Theatre. Surely someone coming here will surely be aware (if they know nothing of snooker) that they might like to go to Snooker or World Snooker Championship first. Nigej (talk) 17:33, 7 April 2019 (UTC)
Ok, not to worry, if you don’t see the logic, I can’t help you. The Rambling Man (talk) 17:35, 7 April 2019 (UTC)
Hilarious. Obviously this comment was just one of the many examples of how The Rambling Man is just such a massive trolling douchebag. But hey, who ever said massive trolling douchebags are not Wikipedia's kind of people?

But let's have a real laugh and assume this was a serious comment. The Rambling Man can't assist someone who is confused as to why the article on the 2019 Snooker World Championship needs to include the following paragraph, as "Overview".....
The World Snooker Championship is an annual cue sport tournament and is the official world championship of the game of snooker.[1] The sport of snooker was founded in the late 19th century by British Army soldiers stationed in India.[2] The sport originated by players from the United Kingdom, and later players from Europe and the Commonwealth. In more modern times, the sport has transferred to being played worldwide, especially in East and Southeast Asian nations, such as China, Hong Kong and Thailand.[3]]
He cannot help. :lol:

As RexxS would say (just not to his loyal supporters like The Rambling Prick).........

DON'T BE A PRAT.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:38 am

Hmmmm.....
If The Rambling Man finds himself tempted to engage in prohibited conduct, he is to disengage and either let the matter drop or refer it to another editor to resolve.
I wonder why it is that Wikipedia Administrators like Black Kite and Amakuru see an edict from ArbCom like that, and instead of helping The Rambling Asshole to follow it, they merely encourage him, leading to the unedifying sight of a trivial dispute between The Rambling Wanker and another Administrator descending into imagery of toddlers in nappies smearing their shit on the walls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... _the_month?

My favourite thing about this is The Rambling Freak is using his own children in these analogies. He happily tells stories of their childhood (and snipes at his presumably long suffering wife in the process), as a way to attack random strangers on Wikipedia, and impress douchebag onlookers and encouragers like Black Kite.

I doubt these stories are real, I doubt he even has a family, but either way, he comes out of incidents like this looking every bit the pathetic loser he is known for being. And Wikipedia continues to look like the site which sees this infantile stuff as normal.