Guy Macon

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Carrite
Sucks Critic

Re: Guy Macon

Post by Carrite » Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 pm

CrowsNest wrote:As for this idea moderate no inhalation cigar smoking is either safe, or smoking, get the fuck out of here. That's as much an abuse of language as you calling yourself an expert.

Cigar smoking is not smoking?

Awesome, now I can light up in restaurants... I'll just tell them that a close friend in the UK has decreed that cigar smoking is not smoking as long as I don't inhale.

What a dumbass.

Okay, Mr. I Don't Know How To Read And Words Mean Whatever I Say They Do, now roll back to the original line in question

The belief that all tobacco products are 100% equal in the amount or nature of harm that they cause is an example of religion, not science, and should be treated as the WP:FRINGE view that is is.

and tell me how vaping products do NOT qualify as "tobacco products." Hmmmmm?

Like I said before: Guy Macon is right. And you're, as they say in the NL, stupide.

RfB

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 pm

And you're, as they say in the NL, stupide.

Well, Tim, not so stupid not to see you are just a autistic guy who fond a perfect podium in Wiki to promote himself. That is fine, that is fine for me Tim because I don't give a bloody fuck about trollopedia. You are just one of the many wikipedians with a agenda. And call me stupide, that is what I like, just call me stupide so I can say exacte the true to you. You don't hurt me, nothing hurt me, I have no high expectations about myself. I am only laughing about all that fools who blow themself like a path like you and Vig does. Personal attacks are for losers who can't bring up real arguments, Tim.

This said, all bullshit, Tim. It is a complete bullshit discussion you are trying to start here, even if you should be right. Because Guy Macon is in general a complete idiot, even if he should be for one time right about cigars. You didn't even understand what crow wrote, Tim, so indeed get the fuck out of here

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 09, 2019 8:13 am

Carrite wrote:tell me how vaping products do NOT qualify as "tobacco products."
The lack of tobacco.
Carrite wrote:Check out mortality rates of cigarettes v. moderate-cigar-use-no-inhallation sometime. He’s right.
What makes you think I misread what he wrote?
we conducted a systematic review of information currently available on the mortality risks of cigar smokers compared to those who had never smoked tobacco or used any form of tobacco..........We also found that when cigar smokers reported not inhaling cigar smoke, they were still three to ten times more likely to die from oral, laryngeal, or esophageal cancer than someone who never used tobacco. Research has shown that whether cigar smokers realize it, they are likely to inhale some tobacco smoke. Cigar smokers also absorb nicotine and harmful substances from cigar smoke through their mouths. Our study reinforces the fact that cigar smoking poses significant health risks to users.
Is there any point to anyone explaining the fucking obvious, that different types of smoking carry different risks, unless it is to imply somehow one is safer than the other? Macon says dumb shit like that on Wikipedia, stuff everyone knows, to prove some point, an observation that to normal people is irrelevant at best and ridiculous at worst, because both significantly increase your risk of dying, because he's insecure. You have the same flaw.

If this is your belief, if you stand with Macon like he's not a moron, then yes, I wholeheartedly recommend you do take up the hobby of lighting up a cigar and not inhaling. You can call it smoking all you like, real smokers will still laugh at you. Just let it hang there, like you're The Shit. Perhaps do so as a celebration after each dollop of self-promotional shite you dump on Wikipedia.

One less Wikipedian in the world is a good thing, imho.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 09, 2019 9:53 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ion_report

blah blah blah rubbish at software development blah blah blah evil capitalist pigs blah blah blah
The WMF is great at running an encyclopedia.
Wait. What? :?

Some facts about this so called encyclopedia......

1. It still has 3,000+ links to the Daily Mail (stealing and fabrication as a matter of routine is their businesses model, or so says Macon)

2. It still only has 0.4% of its articles rated as "Good", an internal quality rating akin to what Brittanicca would call a first draft

3. Only 10% of Wikipedia articles have more than five inline references, a reference in this measure being defined merely as a link to an external site (so can include links to the Mail etc).

4. Of the ten most important articles Wikipedia has, only one has reached "Featured" status, an internal quality measure akin to what Brittannica would call, publishable.

By any reasonable measure, including ironically most often THEIR OWN GODDAMNED MEASURES, the WMF are absolutely failing at this suppose task of "running an encyclopedia". And we know why that is, because they're not the ones who run it at all. Their responsibility for creating and curating the content begins and ends with removing illegal content, and even then only if you point it out to them.

It is morons like Macon who are supposedly building and maintaining the encyclopedia. So you probably understand now, why they would much rather prefer to pretend the pile of shit they have cobbled together so far is already an encyclopedia, and they have now entered what they laughingly like to call, the maintenance phase.

Yeahright.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Carrite wrote:tell me how vaping products do NOT qualify as "tobacco products."
The lack of tobacco.

Let me guess: the nicotine is synthesized in a laboratory by nice people in white smocks and the reason that Lorillard bought blu eCigs in 2012 for $135 million, which was in turn merged into the British tobacco conglomerate Imperial Brands, and that a division of Altria Group, parent of Philip Morris, bought Green Smoke, Inc. in $110 million in 2014 was because the tobacco giants really wanted to get into the synthetic nicotine biz... The product doesn't have anything to do at all with the plant Nicotiana tabacum........

RfB

P.S. This actually was an interesting question. Yeah, nicotine for e-cigs is made via extraction of tobacco, although not the same variety as cigarette tobacco — but they actually are starting to work on making it in the lab... So you might be right on this matter in five or ten years if you can stall along in this debate long enough. I know you have it in you...

P.P.S. By your logic ice cream is not a cattle product because there are no cows in it, unlike hotdogs, hamburger, or sirloin steak.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Last I checked, ice cream was a dairy product, in recognition of the fact that just because dairy comes from cows, you would look like a right moron to call it a cow product in some attempt to link its safety to the harmful effects of beef consumption.

I actually have no idea if the nicotine in ecigs is extracted from the tobacco plant or not. It never even crossed my mind this was where you were going. I guess desperation does that to a man.

Last I checked also, tobacco firms were into vaping out of simple commercial self-preservation, in much the same way as car companies are investing in electric vehicles. I have absolutely I doubt they are not motivated by the production synergies, since rather obviously, a tobacco leaf can only become a cigareete, a cigar, or be used to create the nicotine for an ecig.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:23 am

What a little child.....
Alarm bells go off in my head whenever I hear "without giving any real notice beforehand". Whenever any admin (or someone from T&S) tells me to stop doing something, I stop immediately. Even if I am 100% convinced that they are wrong, I stop immediately. If the warning was way out of line, I would talk to them on their talk page and if that didn't work bring it up at AN, but while discussing it I would stop immediately. This is the main reason why I have gone 13 years with zero blocks. Any block would have to be without warning, or me doing something that is grounds for an immediate block like doxing someone. (I have never done that sort of thing anywhere on the net. See South Park (season 20) for some reasons why (smile).)

I would hope that T&S would make the same commitment that our administrators have made to give me warning and allow me to stop doing what I am doing. My clean block record is very important to me. --Guy Macon (talk) 22:26, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia according to policy: a user is entitled to one series of increasingly strong warnings to stop prohibited conduct, and if they keep doing it after the final warning, they get blocked.

Wikipedia according to Guy Macon: I am entitled to a final warning every single time I engage in prohibited conduct unless it is of maximal seriousness (i.e. real world threats to a user's safety). Even though I have been a Wikipedian for 12 years.

Any Administrator who has contributed to Macon thinking he has this entitlement, needs to be desysopped.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 am

He also wrote my blank blocking record is the most important thing for me.

A tast of Godwin.

Before the war:

Heil Hitler!

After the war:

Ich habe es nicht gewusst.

No, of course not. Stealing people there property and lead them to camps is complete normal.

The idiot.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Classic Macon.
The classic notion of an encyclopaedia and 'universal knowledge' needs to be discarded".

* "The classic notion of an encyclopaedia and 'universal knowledge' needs to be discarded".
* "The idea of encyclopedic knowledge feels problematic".
Source: The Wikimedia Foundation

Please comment at Meta:Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Working Groups/Diversity/Recommendations/2. Give them fair warning that the shit will hit the fan if they try to impose this on the community. --Guy Macon (talk) 23:08, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
No surprise the guy who played fast and loose with the basic concepts of journalism to get the Daily Mail banned would be so utterly careless with source attribution elsewhere too, and on such a highly visible page, in a post designed to elicit maximum controversy, in furtherance of another of his favourite hate campaigns - stoking anti-WMF sentiment among the Wikipedians. They give you cancer, dontcha know?

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... =19&t=1324

As with the Mail ban, the other Guy simply echoed his stupidity, because why would you stop to check if your jumped for conclusions are based in fact or not? It's hardly the wiki-way.

Fake news. It has been a feature of Wikipedia all along. Someone should tell Katherine Maher that. Tweet it to her obviously, she doesn't read this shit. It's only the Founder's talk page.

WhyEvenBother
Sucks Noob

Post by WhyEvenBother » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:17 pm

For all you Schadenfreude fans out there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =944122055

The actual page has been blanked as a courtesy since Macon's wife logged on to say (via his account) that he had suffered a heart attack.