Guy Macon

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Guy Macon

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 am

:lol:
WMF legal contacting the ISP would not be effective. For $200 I can buy compete control of 10,000 computers with 10,000 IP addresses distributed among hundreds of ISPs, then use them as proxies to vandalize/troll Wikipedia. Even if WMF legal took action against each one as I used it, I would simply move on to the next -- a computer/IP that had never been disruptive before I bought control of it. See botnet. --Guy Macon (talk) 06:54, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
What marks Guy out as a very special flower, is the way he says shit like this as if he is the first person to ever think it.

In typical fashion, it was a moronic interjection. It is implied in the context, namely a long term vandal targeting a specific area, that the WMF would only be taking action (contacting an ISP) if the data showed his attacks were confined to single ISP. And you would not know if the vandal has the capability of willingness to use a botnet, if the data showed he is not, unless or until you force him to make that choice. And if he does, there are of course other ways the WMF can combat botnet originated disruption of this form.

Macon says dumb shit like this all over Wikipedia. Nobody stops him. Why?

Well, three possibilities exist......

1. All Wikipedian Administrators are dumber than Macon (his crap is so ubiquitous, his life so devoid of demeaning without endlessly spewing his thoughts on Wikipedia, he cannot have escaped the attention of a single one of them)
2. Talking crap all over Wikipedia, is not considered disruptive to their mission.
3. Wikipedia Administrators just don't want the hassle of clamping down on someone this in love with the sound of their own voice, and this convinced they are always right

You can't say what Macon does is merely a necessary ingredient of ordinary debate, where someone saying saying something dumb is often a learning opportunity for all, themselves included. Macon simply isn't interested in what others think. He talks past people, and insults those who disagree with him.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Jesus.
We have kicked the trolls off of Wikipedia. A few thousand times. They immediately come back through a new proxy that we never heard of before. I happen to be more technically sophisticated than most (but not all) trolls, but if I was a vandal or a troll I could, for the princely sum of $25, buy compete control of 1,000 computers with 1,000 IP addresses on a botnet, and use them to abuse Wikipedia until all 1,000 were blocked. $110 would get me 5,000 IPs and $200 would get me 10,000 IPs. --Guy Macon (talk) 08:01, 6 January 2019 (UTC)
Legal action would not be effective. For $200 I can buy compete control of 10,000 computers with 10,000 IP addresses distributed among hundreds of ISPs, then use them as proxies to vandalize/troll Wikipedia. Even if WMF legal took action against each one as I used it, I would simply move on to the next -- a computer/IP that had never been disruptive before I bought control of it. See botnet. --Guy Macon (talk) 06:54, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
WMF legal contacting the ISP would not be effective. For $200 I can buy compete control of 10,000 computers with 10,000 IP addresses distributed among hundreds of ISPs, then use them as proxies to vandalize/troll Wikipedia. Even if WMF legal took action against each one as I used it, I would simply move on to the next -- a computer/IP that had never been disruptive before I bought control of it. See botnet. --Guy Macon (talk) 06:54, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Legal action would not be effective. For $200 I can buy compete control of 10,000 computers with 10,000 IP addresses distributed among hundreds of ISPs, then use them as proxies to vandalize/troll Wikipedia. Even if WMF legal took action against each one as I used it, I would simply move on to the next -- a computer/IP that had never been disruptive before I bought control of it. See botnet. --Guy Macon (talk) 06:56, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Legal action would not be effective. For $200 I can buy compete control of 10,000 computers with 10,000 IP addresses distributed among hundreds of ISPs, then use them as proxies to vandalize/troll Wikipedia. Even if WMF legal took action against each one as I used it, I would simply move on to the next -- a computer/IP that had never been disruptive before I bought control of it. See botnet. --Guy Macon (talk) 07:00, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Does it take much "technical sophistication" to avoid being this much of a pain in the ass to everyone else? Every post above has been made in the same debate on the same page.

Prat.

Probably does it intentionally too. He makes the same point over and over, and even pulls other people up on their repetiviness! The very model of a Wikipediot.

Nobody does anything. This is Wikipedia, you can be as retarded as you want. It's like a safe haven for stupid people.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Wut?
The belief that all tobacco products are 100% equal in the amount or nature of harm that they cause is an example of religion, not science, and should be treated as the WP:FRINGE view that is is. Also dubious are any claims by those who make their money selling tobacco products regarding the comparative safety of their products. We would not accept at face value claims made by Volvo that their cars are safer than Subarus, and we would be really wary of any research on the question funded by Subaru or Volvo, but that does not mean that there are no safety differences between cars and does not invalidate independent reliable sources such as NHTSA.

(Full disclosure: I smoked almost half of a cigarette when I was 13 years old. I didn't like it.) --Guy Macon (talk) 16:41, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
Am I reading that right? The guy who railed against the Daily Mail as purveyors of bullshit, thinks safe smoking is a thing?

The guy who ran around Wikipedia repeatedly linking to the same source about the Mail's supposed unreliability written by a disgruntled employees, is all about the use of independent reliable sources when it comes to car safety?

This is who banned the Mail. This sort of retard.

Wikipedia is the only place a fool like this can even get any airtime, let alone influence real world events. The only place purporting to be a venue of rational debate anyway.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:56 am

I think your aggressive tone is really unnecessary. ....... --Jimbo Wales (talk) 08:15, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
What's the betting Macon has a polar opposite view?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue May 07, 2019 10:28 am

By rights, this is worthy of an immediate indefinite block....
Call for possible co-authors of a future Arbcom filing
If anyone wishes to be a co-author of an Arbcom filing about Fæ or about gender-neutral pronouns (not about SMcCandlish, who did nothing wrong), or just wants to help draft it without being thrust into the spotlight and attacked, please email me at my Wikipedia email address. If there is interest, I will set up a mini mailing list so we can discuss the wording. If any administrator is concerned about inappropriate off-wiki canvassing, email me and I will copy all of the activity of the mini mailing list to you. You can join and participate or just monitor with nobody knowing who you are -- your choice. --Guy Macon (talk) 03:40, 7 May 2019 (UTC)

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue May 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Jezus Christ! I am not familiar with this case, but this guy is upgrading the whole case to a Stalin trail. Backrooms, secret deliberations, no defence posible.......Well, a pity he didn't live his life Stalins Russia, he should fit there perfect !
It doesn't matter who is right, this is against every normal legal processing. This fits in regimes as Hitler's Germany, Stalins Russia or Kim Jong-un his North Korea, this guy is simple born in the wrong country.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue May 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 am

CrowsNest wrote:Wut?
The belief that all tobacco products are 100% equal in the amount or nature of harm that they cause is an example of religion, not science, and should be treated as the WP:FRINGE view that is is. * * * --Guy Macon (talk) 16:41, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
Am I reading that right? The guy who railed against the Daily Mail as purveyors of bullshit, thinks safe smoking is a thing?

Ummmmm, nope, that's not what he wrote.

Check out mortality rates of cigarettes v. moderate-cigar-use-no-inhallation sometime. He’s right. And vaping is no doubt safer still.

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed May 08, 2019 8:50 am

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Wut?
The belief that all tobacco products are 100% equal in the amount or nature of harm that they cause is an example of religion, not science, and should be treated as the WP:FRINGE view that is is. * * * --Guy Macon (talk) 16:41, 12 January 2019 (UTC)

Ummmmm, nope, that's not what he wrote.

Check out mortality rates of cigarettes v. moderate-cigar-use-no-inhallation sometime. He’s right. And vaping is no doubt safer still.

RfB
Vaping isn't smoking. And anyone reading the "science based" Wikipedia and considering switching from smoking to vaping for the health benefits, probable didn't. A good few of them will be dead now. You a Wikipedian, that's on you.

As for this idea moderate no inhalation cigar smoking is either safe, or smoking, get the fuck out of here. That's as much an abuse of language as you calling yourself an expert.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed May 08, 2019 9:47 am

If I hadn't stop smoking complete 35 years ago I had been dead Tim. And probably long before. Health smoking simple doesn't exist, it will kill you. Safe smoking doesn't exist and safe drugs doesn't exist neither.
Wikipedia has the same effect on your brain as drugs is the only wise thing to do is to quite that too. You will be supriced how it change your view on Wikipedia, Tim.
Because if you do so you understand what Guy Macon was predicting was pure fascism and rubbish.

Wikipedia is a drug what makes people mad Tim. Wikipedia is the heroine, LSD of this time and is as destructive as any hard drug. It destroys marriages, family's, peoples mental health, and yes, sometimes even there career. Special for people with a social or (mild) mental problem it is extreem dangers because of all the temptations.
The behaviour of the people is exacte the same as from drug addicted people, Tim. Wikipedia, the chapter is there life and the rest is unimportant to them. They lose there decorum, civility, just like a drug addicted.

Bart Versieck is a strong example. He was treated like a piece of shit for years and he understood very well what was going on but only the open door to return (next year he may ask for acces to the Dutch Wikipedia again) was enough to show how loyal he is to the system.
Omdat de Commissie de deur niet compleet dicht wil slaan, kan Bart Versieck over een jaar opnieuw bezwaar tegen zijn blokkade indienen.

De Arbitragecommissie, 21 feb 2019 09:17 (CET)

Because the door is not closed he was Vigilant showing what a loyal wikipedian he could be. Why? To return to the complete crazy system with people who are thinking in the way Guy Macon does. He is willing to do anything to get his wikishot again, just as Kumiko is willing to do that too. No matter how bad he was treated. That is going on Tim, and when are you going through a complete withdrawal from Wikipedia?