Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am

You could send this whole case request decline to the Foundation as proof en.wiki needs to be razed to the ground.

-flagrant harassment of people doing the right thing

-blatant picking and choosing of who is entitled to basic respect

-rank incivility dismissed as normal

-patterns of personalized abuse rationalized as acceptable from valuable editors

-supposed provocation widely accepted as justification, not mitigation

-a so called dispute resolution system characterised by lying and misrepresentation

-a community within a community that isn't even afraid to lie to their supposed peers about easily verified facts, if it gets them the result they want (has Eric broken his restrictions after his most recent block? yes - the very same day it expired even)

-wikilawyering, conspiracy theorizing, and bucket loads of bad faith, all passed off as normal

-an Administration that is more often perpetrating the above, than trying to stop it

-an Arbitration Committee entirely unfit for purpose, especially in reacting to the above examples of obvious misconduct by Administrators

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:01 pm

The current case request seemingly calls for a broad review of Eric Corbett's conduct. While cases may be accepted with a different or expanded scope different from what is requested by the first filing party, I am a decline based upon the current case request and that I am not seeing enough of a consensus from the community as to what exactly they would like the Arbitration Committee to hold a case on. Mkdw talk 03:24, 22 August 2019 (UTC)

This case shows the need for even more review and investigation of Corbett's conduct, therefore I decline this case, because... because... too many of his fangirls don't want such investigation?? or the filer should have done that investigation?? without being blocked for preparing a personal attack, of course!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Of course, the very idea ArbCom couple properly investigate the Eric Corbett problem is a bit of a joke.

If the never been blocked Fram warrants a 70 page dossier, detailing Eric's history of misconduct would require a book.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:08 pm

It would be perverse if a case examining Eric's behavior was triggered by an incident in which he did not do anything wrong. 28bytes (talk) 14:19, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
Of course it would, which is why his enablers latched onto this false narrative, and ran with it, unencumbered by truth.

It is of course hilarious to see his enablers celebrated the fact Eric didn't react to what was an incredibly mild poke, about a tenth of the severity of the attacks he's been dishing out recently. He of course did react, as seen in his childish whining when the AN/I report didn't go his way.

There's no mystery as to why Scotty told you all to kiss his black ass if you thought you were getting an apology. You're a bunch of hypocritical cunts who clearly only have one goal, the continued protection of an absolute psycho, so you get all the apologies you are due.

In the world of reality, the case was triggered by the several recent flare ups surrounding Eric Corbett, the most recent being the Moors Murders dispute, the handling of which led to Scotty showing his contempt for the predictable failure of community processes in the face of Eric's gang, which in turn led Cassianto to launch his pathetic revenge bid, which in turn led to the request, that single report alone having consumed a small forest's worth of wasted energy.

As his enablers have pointed out, without apparently seeing the irony, their other excuse for claiming there is no pressing need for resolution, the Moors Murders dispute is only dying down because Eric withdrew, and not because he wouldn't want to be involved, but because he is a selfish prick who realizes that even with his gang of enablers, he can't participate in a dispute like that the way he wants, and of course, he chooses not to participate as a model Wikipedian would. If that is the sanctions at work, brilliant, but we all know nobody thinks that is their purpose, since it is functionally equivalent to a ban.

There is no one incident to be examed, the issue before the committee is the obvious failure of his sanctions on preventing repeated occurrences of flashpoints like the Moors Murders murders.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Mkdw rightly getting shit for not realizing that it's his job to figure out the scope, if ten different people give ten different versions. What's there to figure out anyway? The scope is obviously the continuing failure of Eric Corbett's sanctions, and who is to blame for it. The answer is Eric of course, and the corrupt Administrators protecting his sorry ass, lying about basic facts like how he supposedly hasn't breached his sanction since his last block, when the truth is he did the very day it expired and targetting his enemies with blatant bullying. But the toxic community needs their chance in court to pretend it is someone else's fault, and yet again try, and fail, to nail the grand conspiracy. Like they always have. I think when we get to a hundred people who have in the course of history been blamed for Eric being such a cunt, rather than Eric himself, we win some sort of prize. Hopefully we all get a car. I fear however, it is a turd in a box.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:12 pm

I strongly believe these edits to be by Eric Corbett who has scrambled his password. Like him, I urge the Arbitrators to accept this case. This constant limbo and failure to face up to ALL facts, serves no one well. The current situation is divisive. Personally, I think EC is his own worst enemy and regularly serves himself up as fodder for narrow minded admins keen to hit the headlines for use of their tools rather than their content contributions. However, He also frequently offers up unpalatable facts with more than a grain of truth, these are clearly unwelcome in the upper echelons of the project. We, the editors, need to decide: Do we want to hear what he says or should he be silenced. Either way, the current situation is intolerable. Accepting the case will be a complete shit fest with all manner of crawling creatures emerging from the hedgerow. The Arbs need to brace themselves and accept this case. Giano (talk)
Sure he does. If you could even manage to compile a list of these supposed facts, you wouldn't be able to stop the upper echelons from laughing.

Eric's whiny bullshit is always just the usual crap heard from the usual wankers who think the Foundation is incompetent, or the usual crap heard from the usual cock-suckers who can't handle the fact most people think the Wikipedia community should be more diverse and inclusive. Eric just adds his extra layer of bile to it.

It never makes any sense, because not even Eric dealt believes any of it. It is merely his coping mechanism, his way of finding other things, other reasons to latch onto, anything that will get him off the hook for being the sole person responsible for his predicament, and thereby having to accept all his pain and suffering, is the result of his own stubbornness and ego.

Giano is also full of shit, for similar reasons. He's the guy who has made so many threats, so many promises of doom to those who would hurt his friends, it's not even funny anymore. It's just sad.

For the sheer entertainment value, maybe publishing a greatest hits list from these two crackers, is in order.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm with Floquenbeam, this doesn't sound like Eric.
Dickylon is what he is, somewhat cluless. I have only come here to urge the committee not to suspend the current arbitration request, orchestrated as it is by carolmooredc (talk · contribs) and supported by her Arbcom lackey Gorillawarfare (talk · contribs), if it is indeed accepted by her fellow ArbCom idiots. It is surely time for the truth about the GGTF fiasco to come to light. And removing this post won't change the truth.
It's close, like someone trying to imitate him, but really, to people who know him, it's just wierd. Perhaps the sheer lack of viciousness, perhaps the childish nature of the insults, perhaps the overly obvious way he's referred to the thing he is forbidden to mention. I don't recall him using username templates either.

I would laugh my ass off if this is Carol. The ultimate revenge. Rubbing his angry little face in it.

If the prime suspect is someone who blames GW for all of Eric's problems, well, well all know who has form for that.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 am

Sixty five statements so far, which tells a story in of itself.

Giano's bizarre urging to accept the case is an even bigger story.

I think the whole Scotty thing has opened his eyes, and he's scrambling for a negotiated settlement before the good guys truly realize how fun it is to be the Eric too.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:11 am

CrowsNest wrote:I'm with Floquenbeam, this doesn't sound like Eric.

Original diff. IP is from London.

Ɱ2xCdac
Sucks Noob

Post by Ɱ2xCdac » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Courcelles wrote:Accept as a review of EC's sanctions and whether they are working. I don't think they are in their current form, but this should not turn into a "ban Eric" dramafest. (For instance, I fully think it is time to let the cumbersome RFA restriction go.) Courcelles (talk) 08:40, 23 August 2019 (UTC)

<4/3/1>