Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am

I myself have a discretionary sanction in place, well two actually, that forbid me from being critical of the RfA process or making any comment about gender equality. God alone knows what carnage may have ensued had they not been in place! When the time of Wikipedia's inevitable heat death finally arrives it will be nothing to do with the laws of thermodynamics, and everything to do with the self-important individuals epitomised by Sandstein. Eric Corbett 01:17, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
How could he forget the third restriction? Namely not to belittle his fellow editors? Obviously he has to conveniently forget it, otherwise he couldn't break it in that very post! Asshole.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat May 12, 2018 10:23 am

Wish you were dead
I'm getting more than a little pissed off with what seems to be becoming a regular thing now, IPs posting messages on here telling me what a pity it is that I didn't die when I was ill last year, or wishing that I would die now. That this kind of thing happens is a direct consequence of WP's crazy "anyone can edit anonymously" article of faith. It's bad enough seeing that kind of venom on sites such as wikipediasucks without being subjected to it here as well. Eric Corbett 23:02, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
Firstly Eric, thanks for the plug. If you don't want people to know what a shitweasel you really are, probably best not to advertise this site on your talk page. Although I guess the main thrust of my postings here is that the hundreds of people who watch your talk page already know you're a shitweasel, and either quite like you for it, or are powerless to do anything about it (from inside the cult).

Second, and this seems pretty fucking obvious so I don't know why you're taking people for idiots by even saying it - these love letters are not a direct consequence of "anyone can edit", the direct cause is people seeing what sort of person you are and thinking that if Wikipedia can't or won't do something about it, you deserve to be fucked with. You're such an asshole, some might genuinely want to see you dead, but I'm guessing most are just aiming for you to have a really bad day - the sort of thing people unlucky enough to encounter you end up having.

Now by all means, have a good cry and get one of your admin protectors to insulate you from this much needed feedback, but just remember, the list of people on Wikipedia who end up needing to do that, are by and large, not the sort of people you would want to be compared to, and indeed have often railed against. Then again, your gradual transition into loving the very things about Wikipeida and Wikipedians you've always said you hated, has been most amusing. Keep it up, it will only ramp up the level of hatred people have for you - who knows, even some of your supporters might grow to see you as a traitor to their cause. And we know what the penalty for that is......

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat May 12, 2018 11:17 am

Speaking of becoming something you previously hated.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ic_styling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... e:Style-nt

That's quite a transformation. Sure, the sophistry, arrogance, ownership, hostility and general smart-assery are all classic Eric, but it is remarkable to see it now being blended with the very things he used to say he hated. The civil POV pushing, the squealing about being harassed, the endless badgering of opponents, the use of AWB, the preference for coding over writing, and the wikilawyering, my God the wikilawyering.

Dear God Eric. I've always known you were shameless and your so called principles were naught but flags of convenience for your desire to merely be a childish bully boy unencumbered by the rules and norms of a collaborative endeavour, but this is quite pathetic even for you. What ever happened to that scrappy guy who was going to do as he pleased, buck the system, say fuck you to their orthodoxy, and play everything with a straight bat, even if that bat was being delivered straight into an opponent's face?

What's remarkable about will this, is how long you have kept your cool. Not a flameout or rage quit in sight, and you show no signs of simply walking away, as your therapists have surely told you is always the best recourse when finding yourself in this situation. It is almost as if you now enjoy the dance.......probably even saw it coming the second you set out on this path of creating your own style templates. Not outright trolling I would have thought, but not an outright principled stand for what you believe is right for Wikipedia, either.

Like I said, you are fast becoming the very thing you always said you hated. A Wikipedian. More interested in drama than writing, more interested in yourself rather than the collective good. For as we both know, when it was famously said you were not a Wikipedian, it was true. You were neither a Wikipedian in the sense you were willing to abide by the norms and rules of a collaboration for the common good. But neither were you willing to bend or even break them in the typically accepted fashions, to allow you to be a drama whore driven by selfish interests, where the notion you are there to write an encyclopedia is merely a convenient fiction to cover other more egocentric needs. The latter definition, at least, is now coming true.

You always were a false idol, Eric. You were always destined to fold and conform, in some fashion, as a direct result of your creeping awareness that your cause was a doomed one (even more so by the fact you never bothered to even make a proposal to effect the changes you always say you want to see), and your ultimate unwillingness to actually martyr yourself by sticking to your principles to the very end. Addiction will do that to a man.

You've wasted your Wikipedia life Eric, and hence wasted much of your actual retirement. You haven't achieved your goals, nor even stuck to your guns. The sad reality is, you've hurt a lot of people in the process. As always, the culpability for it all doesn't rest solely with you. But for this ultimate betrayal, you surely deserve the lion's share of the blame, and the consequences.

I hope your supporters see it, and hang, draw and quarter you as fitting punishment. But that rather hopefully assumes they ever had any principles either. I suspect the best that can be hoped for, is a complete disinterest in your situation, digital or otherwise, as was the case when you mysteriously departed for what we now know were health reasons. For even back then, it was becoming clear you were minded to fold, not resist. This post-illness period is proving to be not so much a revival, as a very disappointing second album.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat May 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Talking of adding colour, an administrator on this site once threatened me by sending me a picture of my house, as a demonstration of how much he knew about me. Despicable really. He also compared me rather unfavourably to the shit on his shoe, but of course it's perfectly acceptable to go around bullying unpopular lowly editors in that fashion in this best of all possible Jimbo-worlds. Eric Corbett 06:14, 7 May 2018 (UTC)

Is that admin still adminning? SandyGeorgia (Talk) 13:14, 7 May 2018 (UTC)

He was dealt with eventually and is no longer around, so far as I know anyway. But who can tell given the anonymity here. Until he was dealt with though, other admins were just standing around watching with their hands in their pockets, while I was getting blocked right left and centre for reacting to the abuse. Eric Corbett 14:04, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
You wouldn't believe this is the same guy who hasn't been blocked since October 2015 (and even then, was let off by a corrupt admin after just one day), despite violating both site policy and his own special restrictions on an almost daily basis. It certainly isn't the mark of a guy who remotely appreciates that he has admins like Laser Brain pointedly viewing disputes that involve him and any other editor in a way that is so obviously biased that I don't even know why they even bother claiming to be impartial members of the corps.

Christ, this piece of shit is the same guy who has directly benefited from an RfA process so corrupted that it now lets people like Eaglyth be admins even though they made it pretty clear they only wanted to be an admin so they could undermine WP:CIV and protect Eric. And boy has she followed through on that campaign pledge. If people are going to be issuing death threats, it's people like her and Laser Brain who should be reaping some of what they sow.

As is normal for this special little flower, the Wikipedia Eric keeps complaining about, stopped existing a long time ago, if it was ever even really the case that the odd time he was genuinely mistreated, it had an institutional cause. The Wikipedia of today protects assholes like him from all enemies, without and within, as a baked in feature of the institution.

Wikipedia of 2018 is an institution where the corrupt cops quite gladly, quite openly, frustrate and even directly prevent ArbCom from playing their part in making sure policy applies to Eric just as much as anyone else. Not least because some of those openly corrupt cops have even made it all the way onto the bench. Not a majority, but the way it all works ensures one isn't needed. The corrupt Arbs ensure proposed sanctions are watered down, then the corrupt admins ensure even those are ineffective.

It is an institution that, when faced with actual research which shows that no, it is not remotely true that the ability to produce good content has to go hand in hand with catering for those with an asshole temperament, and that it is a fact that people like Eric are disproportionately responsible for the abuse that happens on the site and the continuing failure to deal with this toxic minority is having dire consequences, they still prefer to look the other way and pretend like he is somehow the victim, someone to be protected.

This is probably another reason why people wish you would die Eric. You won. Be grateful. Arguably in the current environment, you could go back to your old self, and still never be blocked, let alone banned. The odd death threat is a small price to pay for the win, surely. We critics have to satisfy ourselves that the manner in which Wikiepdia dies, is surely with assholes like you and your corrupt enablers being the only people left on the site, claiming to be the one true cult, surrounded by flaming ruins. Because as much as you all keep saying you are so oppressed, so victimised, you will all leave, you never fucking do.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes, but the useful idiot system is not as saved stable as it looks.

Because this can happen, and happend on WP-NL. Because, if one, only one usefull idiot with the brains of a child 8 years old find out he can blackmail the whole cabal there is a unsolvable problem. Because we all know how this end up..........

Then they can never, never leave anymore! And are complet locked up in that hotel California. It's a extreem danger system!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat May 19, 2018 11:35 am

:lol: :o :shock:

05:30, 19 May 2018 NeilN (talk | contribs) blocked EricCorbettsEnlargedCancerousBladder (talk | contribs) with an expiration time of indefinite (account creation blocked, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page) (Clearly not here to contribute to the encyclopedia)
Not a community ban, so I guess they still have some hope of reforming this promising new recruit so that he may channel his energies to building the encyclopedia.

Speaking of which, it appears like the ferret fancier himself has only gone and sneakily retired 11 days ago, without anyone apparently noticing......
OK, we're done here now. This article clearly meets the GA criteria in spades. It's very fitting, I think, that the final edit of my Wikipedia career will be to add the little green button, which I'll be doing imminently. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do that. Eric Corbett 05:57, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
I think, if this really is to be His last edit, and Lord knows we have learned that in that regard Eric is most definitely not a man of his word, then I think it is fitting that it was to GA review the article for Parasitoid.......
an organism that lives in close association with its host and at the host's expense, and which sooner or later kills it.
He would certainly know a thing or two about that. Then again, maybe the combination of these two strange events is someone's way of telling us this time he really is going to be gone for good. I don't imagine he's the kind of guy who would announce such terrible news on Wikipedia.

If so, well, so guess we can find it in ourselves to feel some pity for him. At the end of your life you tend to think about what you could have done differently and how your time on this Earth affected other peolle. Unless he really is an irredeemable character, and that has certainly been suggested given his record, that's not going to be a comfortable experience.

And if not, well, for his benefit and for any other lurkers with power inside the cult who might be watching, don't be dumb enough to assume Eric is entitled to a CLEANSTART or that he won't be caught socking and any facilitators won't be identified. He isn't, and he has been caught before. Some might argue that bending the rules to allow a special editor some relief from death threats and the like is OK on some level, an IAR type of thing if not basic human decency. But in all honesty, all you'll be doing is proving all of Eric's haters that they were right all along, and unleash an even bigger reaction.

There never was any mystery to why Eric is hated so much. No giant conspiracy, no evil plan, no grand political game. Just a very basic human reaction to injustice. Whatever the reason for his apparent final edit, I hope he at least realises that, and does indeed seek forgiveness for it.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:41 am

CrowsNest wrote::lol: :o :shock:

<snip>

There never was any mystery to why Eric is hated so much. No giant conspiracy, no evil plan, no grand political game. Just a very basic human reaction to injustice. Whatever the reason for his apparent final edit, I hope he at least realises that, and does indeed seek forgiveness for it.

Eric would justify his boorishness as Manchester bluntness. But that's not really so as he lived most of his life elsewhere and in the South of England at that.

Still, I wish him well at this time. He always rather amused me to be honest (but not his misogyny).

BombusUCB
Sucks Noob

Post by BombusUCB » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Corbett, Cass,Giano have been abusing people for years and when anyone like me or Carol, RO stand up to the we get banned. They are currently forcing the WP admins to block me because they know if i come back i would be a threat to their all boys club Wikiepdia. They had it good without me the last 2 years and they want it that way. Norton is getting banned hopefully Corbett is next. His bladder may ban him first (from life).

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm finding it hilarious that his best friends still don't seem to have noticed he has left, and yes, could quite possibly be dead.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're gone?
Well, damn. Too few good writers left. Yngvadottir (talk) 17:03, 22 July 2018 (UTC)
I know she's usually busy cleaning up after Drmies, but not noticing Eric has left Wikipedia for almost three months, doesn't exactly say she cares. Although she is the first to have actually noticed......

Now, Yngvadottir, does it still seem like it was worth it, sacrificing your admin rights for this wretch? What did you achieve by it? Did he change? Did anyone change? You should have done what Eaglyth did, retain the admin flag just so you could speak up for wretches like this, from a position of power and authority.

It is just a shame that there are fewer and fewer wretches for y'all to save. Is it a female thing? I can't help but notice the trend. You surely can't help noticing they aren't being blocked or banned either, they're just realising the futility of trying to keep justifying their bad behaviour on the rather flimsy basis that they write, and others do different things.

Isn't that surprising? It's not them who were willing to martyr themselves, to ultimately suffer a public humiliation to stand by their many many past nasty words on this theory of writer supremacy.

Stop trying to save the wretches, and stop trying to save Wikipedia. It is dying, and the likes of you, played a big part in that. I can appreciate that guilt must make you want it see it through to the bitter end, but just take a leaf from Eric's book, and cut your losses.

Sort your life out and wise up to the ridiculousness of it all. The sheer futility. You know you're a slave, don't pretend like you don't appreciate that fundamental truth of Wikipedia. Add this to the fact your "writings" as part of this servitude, aren't as valued or appreciated as you seem to assume. The unchecked way Drmies hacks at it all, no matter the consequences, has surely shown you that.

If you didn't clean up after him, who would? I'm betting nobody. I'm also wondering why you don't stand up to him. Still, you never really stood up to Eric either. I've got quite a list of errors introduced and general misinformation caused by Drmies' hacks that I bet you'd do anything to obtain. But alas, it's a big old Fuck You I'm afraid. Don't bother scouring this place for them either. As if I'd be dumb enough to do that.

On a point of fact, there's still plenty of good writers on Wikipedia, such as it is defined there. You just don't notice them because you never feel that urge to protect them, or rather, serve them. They certainly don't need protecting. Because they're genuinely nice people who find no issue with playing by the rules they willingly signed up to, find no issue with fixing their own errors with good grace, and don't feel the need to put others down to find value in their own contributions. Writing that, really makes me wonder if you truly knew the real Eric.

Eric cleary realised the ridiculous futility of it all, eventually, and only after causing untold misery. Assuming he isn't dead, gone to the grave an unchanged man. Lucky St. Peter. If he is dead, well, clearly you weren't seen as family, or even a friend. Not even a faithful servant.

Always sucks to be the downstairs staff, right? Ironically, that always was Eric's beef with Wikipedia, wasn't it? Maybe a reflection of his working class roots. I wonder what that made you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: