Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:32 pm

CrowsNest wrote:You edit Wikipedia in the early hours of Christmas Day, then you are not even close to having left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =875262840

What a life. I cannot even imagine logging into Wikipedia just to make banal social media type comments like that, least of all on that day. As Drmies would say, fuck off back to Facebook.

Before Eric gets excited at this attempt at human style interaction, Cas Liber being one of his oldest defenders, he might want to check out just how many people Cas seemed to think needed to know about his kitchen exploits. Rather cruelly, Cas has worded his digital greetings card as if it were a personalised message, intended only for the recipient. Eeeuurrgghh. They really do make your skin crawl.

Well I spent most of Christmas arguing with people about crypto and things, but I still had time to briefly log on to Twitter and throw insults at the CEO of some browser company and bash Trump...

Then I ate waay to much food and played scrabble.

Awesome. 8-)

I have this theory that anyone who edits Wikipedia on Christmas day has a serious problem, because there has to be be something better to do, even if you don't celebrate the holiday.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Dysklyver wrote:[
Then I ate waay to much food and played scrabble.

Awesome. 8-)

I have this theory that anyone who edits Wikipedia on Christmas day has a serious problem, because there has to be be something better to do, even if you don't celebrate the holiday.

You English guys always eat to much food on christmas. But, because of nostalgic reasons I have decided next year to maken a original Christmas pudding like my Irish aunt always made. And my mom did, it was a competition between them. No, for me hardly internet, not only are the best things in life for free, but also without the internet.

Wondering how many years our one Drmies is still popping up in every topic, I think we will never forget him. Drmies is for ever with us.

(Only for our Dutch readers:
Het begint verdomde veel op het Hallo, daar is hij weer effect van Jan De Bouvrie te lijken met onze Mies, er is werkelijk geen vierkante centimeter in het wikiriool waar je hem niet treft. En voor de rest zou ik zeggen, waar zijn jullie in godsnaam mee bezig! Het wordt werkelijk met de minuut absurder allemaal, het grenst werkelijk aan het ongelooflijke, of is het dat misschien al zelfs![)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 am

Eric is well and truly back, making 47 copyedits to "History of Tottenham Hostpur F.C." at all hours, across three days. What a sad little fuck. All it took was for Cas Liber to stroke his ego a bit. Soon enough, Cas was holding out the prospect of "buffing ferret", which I can only presume is code in the ferret fucking community, so as to ensure he stays on the hook.

There was of course the obligatory breach of his sanctions......
Whatever you add to the Peterloo article will be tortured out of all recognition by the Women in Red project, ...Eric Corbett 23:35, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
....which is as clear and obvious violation of "Indefinitely prohibited on the English Wikipedia from:..... making any edit about........any process.....relating to [the gender disparity among Wikipedians], broadly construed." as you will ever see.

It must really irk him that his time on Wikipedia ended with a whimper, it's so sad to see him be so desperate to go out as a martyr. How cruel of them not to oblige. Stomp on his head arleady, you meanies.

I also learned something new, he is a Man Utd fan. Jesus, as if people needed any more reasons to hate the guy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 pm

Still not able to just walk away and stop reading Wikipedia's back office altogether (so at this point, it really has to be assumed he is socking).

Vying with Bishonen for who can be butthurt the longest about being criticised (accurately and justifiably) by Jimmy Wales......
"Toxic personality" is a phrase I've only ever seen on Wikipedia. Strange how someone who doesn't know the first thing about me feels confident about analysing my personality and encouraging others to share in his analysis. Eric Corbett 00:58, 10 February 2019 (UTC)
This from a guy whose every comment about Jimmy on Wikipedia has been some form of analysis of his personality, and a sad, almost desperate, call for others to agree with it.

8932832Jack
Sucks Noob

Post by 8932832Jack » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 am

CrowsNest wrote:Eric is well and truly back, making 47 copyedits to "History of Tottenham Hostpur F.C." at all hours, across three days. What a sad little fuck. All it took was for Cas Liber to stroke his ego a bit. Soon enough, Cas was holding out the prospect of "buffing ferret", which I can only presume is code in the ferret fucking community, so as to ensure he stays on the hook.

There was of course the obligatory breach of his sanctions......
Whatever you add to the Peterloo article will be tortured out of all recognition by the Women in Red project, ...Eric Corbett 23:35, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
....which is as clear and obvious violation of "Indefinitely prohibited on the English Wikipedia from:..... making any edit about........any process.....relating to [the gender disparity among Wikipedians], broadly construed." as you will ever see.

It must really irk him that his time on Wikipedia ended with a whimper, it's so sad to see him be so desperate to go out as a martyr. How cruel of them not to oblige. Stomp on his head arleady, you meanies.

I also learned something new, he is a Man Utd fan. Jesus, as if people needed any more reasons to hate the guy.

Well me, Crowsnest and the majority of Americans and Europeans acknowledge that it's ok and socially normal to edit Wikipedia on any holidays except for Christmas, New Years and Birthdays (and possibly Easter). All other holidays sees business as usual for Wikipedia with no noticeable editors missing. I mean all holidays except for those holidays are hollow meaningless nonsense that corporations enslave us to do in order to appease their self interests. A lot of Wikipedians are from outside the USA where certain holidays (like holidays in February, mid March) are hardly celebrated. It's ok and n

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:40 pm

Hmmmm......
Hey Eric
I hope you and the family are well. Today I managed to get banned from a Facebook group for saying “You know what, if I went into a pub and pontificated like that, somebody would tell me to fuck off.” I think I have finally walked a mile in your shoes. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 16:54, 30 March 2019 (UTC)

Only a few more miles to go then.;-) Eric Corbett 16:58, 30 March 2019 (UTC)
A couple of things....

1. How does he manage to respond in minutes, when he hasn't editted for twelve days?

2. What the fuck is Ritchie on about? What Wikipedia situation did Eric ever face that was remotely like his Facebook anecdote? The stupid fuck is showing all the detachment from reality he is known for. The only analogies ever told on Wikipedia about Eric and pubs, usually went something like, y'know what Eric, if you said what you say to strangers on Wikipedia to some randomer in a pub, they'd kick your teeth in.

Still, hilarious to see Eric sympathizing with a Wikipedia Administrator banned for bad language. Never could stick by his principles.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 30, 2019 2:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TFA
Thank you and the others who helped for today's Donner Party, "A harrowing tale of bravery, hardship, and cannibalism in the old Wild West. It was hard to read about and hard to write; I hope the consensus here is that the effort was worthwhile."! Brave! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 05:24, 23 May 2019 (UTC)

I have a comment on one of your old edits of that article, namely this one. That was a mistake, since it made the later dying confession of Reinhardt that he had murdered Wolfinger incomprehensible. Sorry to bring this up after so many years, but that's how long it took for this mistake to be fixed. Regards, WolfmanSF (talk) 00:44, 25 May 2019 (UTC)

After nine years you come up with this nonsense? Jeez! No wonder all the major editors of this article are long gone. Eric Corbett 00:59, 25 May 2019 (UTC)

It's not nonsense. What on earth is your problem? That edit created an obvious and significant flaw in the article that it took nine years and nontrivial effort on my part to correct. If you don't care about the articles you're editing, what are you here for? WolfmanSF (talk) 17:28, 25 May 2019 (UTC)

Why don't you just fuck off back to whichever stone it is that you live under? Eric Corbett 17:34, 25 May 2019 (UTC)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 am

The Maestro doing his usual when it is pointed out to him that no, "40-mm fragment" and "40 mm-long fragment" are not the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... t/archive1

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 30, 2019 3:10 am

Oh dear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history

I'm afraid that you clearly don't understand what "fl. 1672" means. Your ignorance does you no credit. Eric Corbett 18:35, 17 May 2019 (UTC)

(Edit summary: "ignorance is no badge of honour")

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =880482639

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 30, 2019 3:25 am

These are the hallmarks of the Corbett, still deeply ingrained and obvious even in this brief return. Not content just to be an arrogant know it all, when his own lack of knowledge or skill is exposed, he never acknowledges his mistakes, much less apologises. Just moves on like it never even happened, or worse, goes on the attack, like a rabid ferret.

How ironic that his tiny monkey brain is supposedly pondering the Great Matter of why good writers have left Wikipedia in their droves.

It's because of people like you, ya ferret fucking bastard.