Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:54 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Has he actually been booted from Wikipediocracy, or just inevitably got bored?

He was protected from Vigilant's attacks (unlike Kumioko), to give him a "chance" and proper "treatment", even though he answered with extreme aggression, even to other commenters, who weren't attacking him.
He was hostile initially, trying to import his undebateable "good editor" image from WP, and even to add the "helper of women editors" title to it with the help of the fanboy-shrill Moral Hazard:
Moral Hazard wrote:In fairness, Eric almost certainly helped more students and women newbies than any other editor.

When that failed and his lies were pointed out, he ranted some, thread got locked. Since people are ignoring his "self-reviews", he's not triggered that often, and became less active. Now he's like a casual commenter on WPO, and makes sense sometimes.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm

Eric wouldn't come to Sucks on a bet. He hates Crow worse than Vig, which is saying something.

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Carrite wrote:Eric wouldn't come to Sucks on a bet. He hates Crow worse than Vig, which is saying something.
It's because he knows with Vigilant he just has to deal with abuse. He can do that, even quite likes "giving as good as he gets". Me, he gets abuse and a dark knight of the soul, because I can spot his lies and know his game better than Kumioko.

The difference between amateurs and professionals.

They. Can. Not. Deal.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:01 pm

Carrite wrote:Eric wouldn't come to Sucks on a bet. He hates Crow worse than Vig, which is saying something.

RfB

Hard to blame him!
#BbbGate

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:06 pm

The Mancunian Maestro wrote:I hesitate to start a new topic, but I do so to encourage anyone from Europe who has ever been foolish enough to edit Wikipedia under their real name to submit a subject access request (SAR) under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the Wikimedia Foundation, to find out exactly what information the WMF stores about them without their permission or knowledge.

I have done so myself, and have been told that there are certain "complexities" that will require more than the permitted 30 days to comply with. I will not speculate as to what those "complexities" might be.

This could be interesting. Certainly a thread to follow.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Anyone wrote:
The Mancunian Maestro wrote:I hesitate to start a new topic, but I do so to encourage anyone from Europe who has ever been foolish enough to edit Wikipedia under their real name to submit a subject access request (SAR) under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the Wikimedia Foundation, to find out exactly what information the WMF stores about them without their permission or knowledge.

I have done so myself, and have been told that there are certain "complexities" that will require more than the permitted 30 days to comply with. I will not speculate as to what those "complexities" might be.

Well if the law says they have 30 days, then they are required to stick with that. I'm not familiar enough with this to know how much wiggle room there is or if they have a waiver process in place, but if the WMF violates a law, then I would hope they are held accountable.

Having said that though, and although I do agree with Eric's sentiment, I also don't trust the WMF with my personal information. So personally if I did use my real name, I wouldn't request this info because now they know they can associate it to Facebook, twitter, real life, etc. and then use it against the individual later. The WMF and it's people won't hesitate in leveraging personal info to intimidate and bully people into doing what they want and people shouldn't trust them.
#BbbGate

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Anyone wrote:

Well if the law says they have 30 days, then they are required to stick with that. I'm not familiar enough with this to know how much wiggle room there is or if they have a waiver process in place, but if the WMF violates a law, then I would hope they are held accountable.

Having said that though, and although I do agree with Eric's sentiment, I also don't trust the WMF with my personal information. So personally if I did use my real name, I wouldn't request this info because now they know they can associate it to Facebook, twitter, real life, etc. and then use it against the individual later. The WMF and it's people won't hesitate in leveraging personal info to intimidate and bully people into doing what they want and people shouldn't trust them.

Hey Kumioko -- welcome back to the forum. I thought for a while you might have left.

Did you ever write to the WMF to ask for specific info about your block and/or why "rogue" socks were being pinned to your a/c?

I did [re: socks], but the WMF never replied.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:23 pm

For real consumer protection advice and wonderful insights related to this topic, see the Terror Teleportation thread.

:evil:

Stay safe and knowledged up, people.

:ugeek:
Last edited by CrowsNest on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Thread link Juiced up.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Butt... still... hurtin...

Eric Corbett wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:
Eric Corbett wrote:Is there no limit to the double standards on display here?

Not in your case, at least when the "c-word" is involved.

Be a mensch, Eric! You can do it! Remember, I have complete confidence in you.

I asked a reasonable question, you have provided an unreasonable, bigotted and insulting answer.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Vigilant wrote:This isn't en.wp and we aren't your little razor gang.

If it's just all too much to bear, *back of right hand held delicately to forehead for great effect while peeking to see if the gesture is effective*, you know where the door is.

Try not to let it hit you where the good lord split you.

Eric Corbett wrote:Just as stupidly dishonest as usual. Nothing changes with you.

You don't even know what you're talking about in this case, do you. But then you rarely have even the most fleeting grasp on reality, so that ought not to be a surprise.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:58 am

Mental Hazard chiming in with a pointless, cryptic poem. Is this the end?
Moral Hazard wrote:http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10800&p=253056&view=show#p253056
Midsize Jake threw an elbow.
Vigilant saw the response.
Cards & leaves are yellow.