Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:23 pm

AndrewForson wrote:Did he actually pay for those shares, or was he given them to get him on board and "incentivise" him?

He got them all for free, but its still a "loss" since it was supposed to be the larger part of his pay package. (for legal and tax reasons, large c-suite bonuses in the UK are often paid as shares).

Basically he ended up with barely 10% of what he thought he was being paid. So quite a bum deal.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:48 am

:roll:
Responding to name calling by calling names in return isn't exactly the behaviour of a rational adult.
And that is why nobody ever said you were one Eric. Plus a whole bunch of other reasons too.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:12 am

I love how he wants to be seen as a wise and learned critic now.....
But that's the Wiki way. Administrators don't administrate anything, sockpuppetry is interpreted in a manner quite inconsistent with the use of the term anywhere else, "anyone can edit" has always been a lie, as has "no big deal", the arbitration committee has never arbitrated anything ... it's endless really.
Dysklyver wrote:Completely agree, all those and more, many more.

I believe this is partly what Peter Hitchens was getting at when taking about how communication on wikipedia was "like the secret language of a cult".
Dysklyver, before you blow too much smoke up Eric's ass, please note serious critics were pointing this out long before he ever declared he had had enough with Wikipedia and had seen the light. I did it myself on the ProBoards forum, wrote a whole 'decode their secret language' manual type thing, and I was quite sure that was not a novel post, I was really only doing it to flesh out the forum's offering for the uninformed (you'll notice the lack of such facilities on that board). When that forum exploded, the good people of Wikipediocracy laughed.

And don't be singing the praises of Peter Hitchins too loudly either, they hate the Daily Mail as much as the Wikipedians.

Honestly, given your beliefs, I could not think of a worse place for you to be spending your time. These people are not serious critics. They will only drag you down to their meagre level.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:06 am

CrowsNest wrote:Honestly, given your beliefs, I could not think of a worse place for you to be spending your time. These people are not serious critics. They will only drag you down to their meagre level.

Yeah, though I starting just thinking of it as another Wikipedia noticeboard and it somehow seems less annoying now.

I don't think they are even pretending to be critics anymore to be honest, it's mainly just a themed discussion of whatever is happening on-wiki at that time.

Certainly I will still try and start new threads for each RfA, just because it's super-irritating to certain en-wiki admins. ;)

Eric meanwhile is a twat (or was he a cunt?) and really he is just there to take cheap potshots at peoples comments, generally with incorrect or entirely misleading comments of his own that can't be responded to because they don't make enough sense.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Honestly, given your beliefs, I could not think of a worse place for you to be spending your time. These people are not serious critics. They will only drag you down to their meagre level.

Yeah, though I starting just thinking of it as another Wikipedia noticeboard and it somehow seems less annoying now.

I don't think they are even pretending to be critics anymore to be honest, it's mainly just a themed discussion of whatever is happening on-wiki at that time.

Certainly I will still try and start new threads for each RfA, just because it's super-irritating to certain en-wiki admins. ;)

Eric meanwhile is a twat (or was he a cunt?) and really he is just there to take cheap potshots at peoples comments, generally with incorrect or entirely misleading comments of his own that can't be responded to because they don't make enough sense.
All true. You will be given free reign irritate certain Wikioedians, just not the ones who call that place home from home. That's their idea of offering folks an independent platform.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Eric just described himself as "one of the editors most supportive of women, and girls, on Wikipedia."

As they say, {citation needed}.

Hey all you good people of Wikipediocracy, do you wanna perhaps ask Eric how readers might go about substantiating that rather bold claim........

No?

Come on now. Ferret bites don't hurt that much. Take one for the team, you useless sacks of shit.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:02 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Eric just described himself as "one of the editors most supportive of women, and girls, on Wikipedia."

As they say, {citation needed}.

Hey all you good people of Wikipediocracy, do you wanna perhaps ask Eric how readers might go about substantiating that rather bold claim........

No?

Come on now. Ferret bites don't hurt that much. Take one for the team, you useless sacks of shit.

Fucking barn-sized holes in that post of his.

Innocent query launched.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Sadly the barn-sized hole was just him quoting the wrong article, this is perhaps made up for by just how ridiculous the actual article is.

I not entirely sure it isn't a very elaborate hoax, and Eric-chan has been a full scale feminist bashing, sexism denying, article OWNing bastard on the talk page for years!

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:54 pm

A story from the Green Bag. That's NY Brad stomping ground, apparently.

Someone had to take the bait ("after I wrote wife selling"). Thanks for being the one to do it.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:07 pm

His strategy in defending the content of "Wife selling (Engllish custom)" is not so different to how he defends the ridiculous "Guy Fawkes Night" article. Whether sources discussing the custom with respect to present day attitudes exist or not, much less any actual instances of it occurring, they are always inadmissible in Eric's work.

The very idea that not a single one of those books listed in the references doesn't say, hey, this practice is considered a wee bit misogynistic these days, AMIRIGHT? He could find a source to state the obvious. indeed he could simply cite a dictionary to state it if he genuinely can't, it wouldn't be original research. He just doesn't want to. That would pollute the yellow tinted pages of his fan letter to history.

The artificial separation of his article from the globalised main article, which has obvious crossover with at least the parts which discuss the practice in America etc, is another symptom of his chronic OWNership problem. If the global article is garbage, he doesn't care one bit, as long as he gets to call *his* work a Featured Article. Some encyclopedist. As you highlighted, he has barely even touched it. Strange for someone who, if they're doing it right, doing the sort of research needed to write an FA, must have a hell of a lot of ways he can improve that article beyond copyedits.

The statistics don't even support the claim he wrote the FA. His asshole friend Parrot of Doom added more text, which fits with the model that he is more of a copyeditor even on the articles he calls himself a co-author. PoD is a woman, and despite the fact she couldn't be a worse example of how Wikipedia's innate hostility is off putting to women, he no doubt considers this to be another feather in his 'friend of the wimmin' cap. He's no friend to women except those who are fully on board with his methodology and attitude. Gender traitors, in other words.

As for how writing this one article backs his claim, well, it remains unaddressed.....

In general, his frequent claims he does this or believes that, often have the air of unbelievability about them. Take this post......
My wife has a PhD, and she says that one of the reasons she did it was that she didn't want to be called "Mrs ..." (we weren't married at the time). But she's merely amused when someone phones up or knocks on our door asking for Dr Corbett and automatically assumes that must be me. It's just a reflection of the society that we live in, and that we all should want to change, men and women alike. It's not a war between the sexes, as it so often seems to be portrayed, or at least it shouldn't be.
When does this ever happen? What scenario features someone knocking at your door, seeking "Dr. Corbett", while not knowing in advance the gender of who they are looking for? Even the overworked drones in call centres working their way through contact lists which might simply list initials (or his wife might have an ambiguous first name), it is hard to see how or why they would bother to act surprised if Eric answers the phone and says in his gruff northern voice, "No" to the question, "Hello, is that Dr. Corbett?".

Not to mention the rather ridiculous idea that 'oooh, I would no longer be called Mrs.', would ever factor in anyone's decision to embark on a PhD. You can't envision that level of stupidity even in someone who marries this silly ferret fucker. If he isn't just making it up, he is making his wife look stupid to make his own thoughts look more sound. Y'know, like a particular kind of bloke does.

And why is he even mentioning his wife's private life on the internet? Does he perhaps presume she would be OK with that? Perhaps because she has a gold band on her finger, denoting her as his.......no, I can't believe it. NOT ERIC!

It's the usual bullshit from the usual bullshitter. Don't legitimise it by proceeding as it it's not, just kick him in his cancer free nuts and be done with it.

He's clearly reading this thread, so if he hasn't got the guts to come here and dispute any of this, we have the real measure of the man.