Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:43 pm

..............an asshole friendly place. In short, welcome to "Thriving in Safety", the place where you are warm welcomed with waving pirate flags. :roll: Or maybe not, we will see. :mrgreen:

I am really curious what Arbcom is going to do, making the place really safe for anyone, or continue to make it only a save asshole friendly place.
Because there is a choice posible lady's and gentleman Arb's. Based on evidences and investigation, WMF has handled you everything over you need to make a good choice. Just make up your mind and make your choice. Choose now which course you want to follow.

Because:

You wretches detestable on land and sea:
you who seek equality with lords are unworthy to live.
Give this message to your colleagues:
rustics you were, and rustics you are still;
you will remain in bondage, not as before, but incomparably harsher.
For as long as we live we will strive to suppress you,
and your misery will be an example in the eyes of posterity.
However, we will spare your lives if you remain faithful and loyal.
Choose now which course you want to follow.

Richard II's address to the peasants (1381) according to Thomas Walsingham.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:41 pm

CrowsNest wrote:A Case is requested to examine the ongoing disputes over the incivility of Eric Corbett, because they are wasting an inordinate amount of community time and the existing sanctions are clearly wholly disputed. Simples.
You're only calling it incoherent because you don't want to acknowledge what it says. You don't want to do that because it would force you to either issue laughable denials of what he has said, or say some other bullshit that would be equally ridiculous, none of which would be a coherent reason why such a case is not warranted.

Business as usual. What they don't want to face is "incoherent" or "not concise" or "wall of text". Case closed in their mind.
And yes, Eric Corbett calls quits quite often.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Callanecc arb resigns after Corbett case posting.
Now that there is job to do :lol:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:57 pm

I am going to do the lottery tonight, because did I not just predict this?
I'm persuadable, but on the request as currently presented I'm a decline. Nothing about the conversation on the Moors murders talk page does anyone involved any credit, but the content dispute, and questions about the article's featured status, seem to be being handled by normal community processes. The personal disputes touched off by that discussion - well, that doesn't do any of the participants any credit either, but I don't think it adds up to a coherent case needing arbcom intervention. I will say that the traditional judgment of "net positive" - the argument that someone's large amount of good content work should balance out their occasional annoying personal habits - really does rely on ongoing good content work. If you start to spend less time writing content and more time getting into fights, eventually that shifts the balance of that judgment. Opabinia regalis (talk) 16:25, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
Using an innocuous phrase like "annoying personal habits" to describe what are serious conduct violations, which are being committed without any contrition or reflection at all, is the sort of thing she likes to do to try and get the real assholes off the hook.

Same goes for "handled by community processes." Well, yes, that is true, if we can genuinely call Eric getting so mad he voluntarily withdraws from the FAR which then magically turns the heat down a few notches, as a legitimate community process. I could have sworn people were claiming this was harassment of Eric. Odd they don't want this Case accepted so they can get to the heart of that pretty serious accusation.

Ultimately, she's persuadable that Eric should be banned if he isn't actually doing anything useful anymore. Always amazing to see Arbitrators no less, saying things which have ZERO basis in policy. Nobody will pull her up on this, or any of her obvious bullshit. She sees being an Arbitrator as a license to just make it up, say and do whatever suits her personal beliefs, and fuck policy. Which is essentially the real reason why en.wiki is having quite a few problems lately in persuading outsiders that their way of doing things is defensible.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Honestly, it's like none of them even appreciate that the Foundation are looking for any excuse to declare en.wiki institutionally unfit.

This, if you can believe it, is an actual en.wiki Administrator.....
Statement by Nick
Indefinite block MJL, who is sadly devoid of any of the competency needed to be editing, is an entirely disruptive influence and who has little redeeming qualities to make his retention as an editor here remotely sensible. Nick (talk) 17:48, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
Who in their right mind volunteers for Wikipedia, with overt bullying like that just being accepted as part of the daily drumbeat of community business?

IF YOU THINK HE IS INCOMPETENT, YOU'RE A FUCKING ADMINISTRATOR, YOU ARE EMPOWERED TO INDEFINITELY BLOCK THEM. INDEED IT ISN'T REMOTELY ARBCOM'S JOB TO FULFILL YOUR REQUEST ANYWAY, "NICK", WHICH YOU SHOULD OF COURSE KNOW BEING AN ADMINISTRATOR, SO EITHER YOU DON'T KNOW, WHICH MAKES YOU THE INCOMPETENT, OR YOU DO, WHICH MAKES YOU A COWARDLY ASSHOLE.

Amazing that he said this even after someone had already called out the disgusting way people are trying to intimidate and harass MJL. He has every right to file a request, and clearly the request has merit, at least enough to mean it says up for however long it takes for the Arbs to consider it. ArbCom would have directed their clerks to remove it if it was improper or if he was somehow not entitled to file it. You would think that alone would be enough to stop the vicious bastards en.wiki calls Administrators, enough to prevent them from making harassing posts like the above, but no.

Is Nick going to be blocked, or even warned? No. Take note, Trust and Safety. This is how en.wiki governs itself.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm

CrowsNest wrote:This, if you can believe it, is an actual en.wiki Administrator.....
Statement by Nick
Indefinite block MJL, who is sadly devoid of any of the competency needed to be editing, is an entirely disruptive influence and who has little redeeming qualities to make his retention as an editor here remotely sensible. Nick (talk) 17:48, 19 August 2019 (UTC)

Holy might, he has no restraint. This is blatant personal attack. Perhaps, not if an admin does it... :lol:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:00 pm

On look, it's Black Kite, not getting involved again......
Statement by Black Kite
I generally keep away from Eric-related stuff since that ArbCom case, and if this is accepted I won't take part in this one either, but the only person that needs to be looked at here is the filer, because this is the most incompetently-written case I have ever seen, and I'm amazed that anyone's accepted it. Black Kite (talk) 19:06, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
This accusation of incompetence follows on from him not getting involved at AE by accusing Sandstein of incompetence, and before that trying to remind people his AN/I thread about Sandstein was meant to be about Sandstein not Eric, and before that when he badgered another Admin to protect Eric's preferred version. And I haven't even gone as far back as the start of the month!

So, you get the idea as to how hard this corrupt fuck fought for Eric when he was minded to actually get involved, and why it triggered an Arbtration case, where he was admonished "For his breaches of the standards of conduct expected of editors and administrators."

Yet another answer to the question, why does everyone think en.wiki can't govern itself? Or rather, everyone except it's corrupt Administrators, the users they protect, and their cheerleaders at the hate site Wikipediocracy. Where, of course, Black Kite is a well respected poster, who gets all the help he needs when he's intent on ruining people's lives by throwing around casual accusations of corporate corruption. And in a roundabout way, even that was something he did to benefit Eric Corbett - not for nothing is one of Eric's crew shitting their pants at the thought Trust and Safety might be orchestrating this conspiracy against Saint Eric.

This fucker thinks you're all stupid, Mr and Mrs Arbitrator, been playing you for chumps for years now. And do you know what, for only admonishing him, and never following it up to see if he even gave a tiny rat's ass, to see if he even skipped a beat, you kind of are.

Oh, and the reason you took so long to catch Betacommand socking? Black Kite too. Yet another user who this guy will say and do anything to protect, no matter the cost to the community, up to and including many folks who think this guy has their back. Fools. You would think such a record would result in some kind of investigation, an effort to recall an obviously corrupt Administrator who lies so freely to the community that were so stupid to trust him. But no. He is en.wiki. He's the example I always use when contacted by the press.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:35 am

:roll:
.......I am no friend, defender or 'enabler' of EC: we have never interacted at all, AFAICR. I am concerned though about what it would say about our approach to behaviour management if, when someone returns after a block and does not repeat their earlier problematic behaviour, we say "Ah, but we will block you again for things you did before your block!" The signs were there that if everyone had just left EC alone to do some content work, and not made their entire experience here about behavioural issues, this could have been avoided.

Sandstein and others make reasonable arguments about the need for clarification about how to deal with EC going forward, and so I do not ask you not to take the case. Just please don't make it a case where we relitigate behavioural stuff that took place prior to their last block, when it looks like they were making an effort to improve their behaviour. GirthSummit (blether) 00:30, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Not an enabler, eh?

If you don't see a violation of his user specific sanction against "belittling other editors" in his very first edit back from that useless 72 hour block, then you really should see it in his second edit.

If you don't, congratulations, you're an Eric enabler.

Got any comment, GoldenRing? No, of course you haven't.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 am

Statement by Nick

Volunteer Wiki Moddy Woddies once again prove themselves to be the dregs of humanity.

1. Lonely, attention-deprived Eric uses naughty words.
2. MJL wants to sanction or admonish Eric.
3. So a little Moddy Woddie [Nick] deems it appropriate to recommend a block for MJL.

Watching these social spastics makes me understand how Gulliver must have felt when looking down on the Lilliputians.

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:45 am

I know from experience how these affairs always end up with a proposal to ban me for whatever trumped-up reason, and that anything I might say will be twisted to suit the agenda of those whose single purpose is to hound me off Wikipedia. So I'll do everyone a favour by leaving voluntarily. After this post I will be scrambling my password, and you will never hear from me again. Eric Corbett 1:39 pm, 18 August 2019, last Sunday (2 days ago) (UTC−4)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ic_Corbett

"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade