Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:54 am

Taking their sweet time to decide.

I had a look back specifically at the role ArbCom have played in this farce, and you have to admit, that's a tough spot to get yourself out of, if you are now an Arbitrator trying to excuse or correct the failings of your peers. There's no real way to ban without admitting one or more prior decisions were in error, but there's also no way to change the approach that will work. Rejecting the case and kicking the can down the road, is their best option.

Basically, by 2011 Eric was properly on the ban train, but at 8-2 was still being given the benefit of the doubt by most Arbs, paying no attention to the fact he was already making it clear he was an uncooperative subject. By 2014, their chickens had come to roost, and yet they still couldn't ban him, being deadlocked 5-5. By 2015, the wheels he properly come off the hopes he could be managed with sanctions.

That would have been the logical time to ban, even in the eyes of the most lenient Arb. But amazingly, they went into full retreat, going back to 8-2, but otherwise not having a clue what to do, all prior optimism gone, even a couple going quite mad with despair. Their only idea, to simply make it mandatory to report to AE and discuss it for 24 hours, set the stage for the next four years.

That is a period where we are supposed to think his unblocked status means he was being a good boy. He wasn't, the enforcement system as adjusted specifically just for Eric now just ensured most gave up trying to stop him, and those who did were thwarted even more easily than before, because the sanctions only work if everyone can agree the purpose of the sanctions is modifying Eric's behaviour.

Fast forward to now, and enough time must have passed, or Eric must have just pissed someone off that badly, that we are back to the situation that led to the 2015 Case - attempted enforcement leading to ckusterfucks achieving nothing, least of all the basic purpose of the sanction. He literally violated both sanctions he was blocked for, after the blocks, and the Administration are refusing to accept this basic fact, desperate as they are to keep pretending it works.

They really have nowhere to take this now, except the pretty ridiculous step of taking all enforcement in house, just for Eric. That would be an admission of the reality - it is the Administrators who never wanted them placed in the first instance, who have ensured the sanctions have failed. Arguably even that would fail, if there is this much genuine disagreement in the current Committee over basic and obvious facts, like whether the existing sanctions are working.

Key word being genuine, because it is clear the only reason the 2015 ban proposal failed, was because by then even Arbitrators were being less than genuine in their reasoning, either by denying basic reality, advancing absurd positions, or otherwise just shirking their responsibilities.

As one of the Arbs said at the time......
I give up. This is a dispute that is so intractable that the body that exists to solve intractable disputes can't resolve it. We are dealing with internal community insider baseball issues, not Israel, Scientology, and GMOs. We have no idea what to do here and it shows.
Contrasts well with what one of them said in 2011.......
...this editor has been blocked numerous times for the same reason, and yet we're still here at arbitration dealing with it nonetheless. ..... I believe an editor who thinks such behavior is acceptable is incompatible with this project. I do acknowledge and thank Malleus for his valuable contributions, but that does not excuse the conduct that was the focus of this case. Until and unless it can be demonstrated that such conduct will not continue, I believe it is in the best interests of the project to require Malleus - or indeed any editor who engages in such incivil conduct - to step away from Wikipedia. Hersfold (t/a/c) 02:00, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Give that man a medal for his foresight, because the amount of time wasted on Eric has at least tripled since then, but his positive contributions to Wikipedia have most definitely not. Whatever equation they were using to calculate net benefit back in 2011, to get the same result today needs a decimal point moving somewhere.

Maybe that's what's taking so long? How do you make the miserable contributions of Eric over the last year, look like they were remotely worth the disruption of even the last month. If they can't, they shouldn't even risk being seen to oppose a site ban, because the question 'what benefit are we getting here' is sure as shit going to be asked, no matter how hard Cassianto tugs at his own testicles.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:48 am

Opabinia r. is on top of it...

I will say that the traditional judgment of "net positive" - the argument that someone's large amount of good content work should balance out their occasional annoying personal habits - really does rely on ongoing good content work. If you start to spend less time writing content and more time getting into fights, eventually that shifts the balance of that judgment.

If the case opens against him without suspending because he's temporarily buggered off, he is toast.

RfB

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:39 am

Carrite wrote:Opabinia r. is on top of it...

I will say that the traditional judgment of "net positive" - the argument that someone's large amount of good content work should balance out their occasional annoying personal habits - really does rely on ongoing good content work. If you start to spend less time writing content and more time getting into fights, eventually that shifts the balance of that judgment.

If the case opens against him without suspending because he's temporarily buggered off, he is toast.

RfB

And exacte THIS has made Wikipedia to such a extreem dangerous place and a free place for wiki rig. Because, the wiki bureaucracy wants a wiki flock what them obey, who are grazing the wiki meadows so THEY can get the milk. Yes, exacte, they get the wiki mana and the free lunches. Because:

Good content work should balance out their occasional annoying personal habits mentality destroyed the place. And what is left at the end? A plundering wiki bureaucracy who is after the free lunches, jerks like Eric and Fram, and a silent group grazers who are noticing this and think you just fuck yourself with your trollopedia, I am not your fool and who became sabotaging trolls.

And what was a tremendous catalyst in this process was the Wiki gender approach. Because, if you are thinking the male wikipediains are not the top segment of the male gender poo you haven't seen the female wikipedia gender pool jet.
Because the already male lunatics are with help of the chapters replaced by complete, and when I say complete incompetent female lunatics who are much worser then there male fellow colleagues ever where. I have watched this process what I think in 2012 started andI have followed this process from outside with rising astonishment. (Most times of my wiki career I was booted)

Complete generally recognised lunatics as Elly, Lidewij and Moira with in there footsteps male lunatics as Mdd, Romaine took over wikipedia and the chapter. A office in Utrecht arrises with a female staff with what we call female zijinstomers as Sandra and Dannielle and Alice Alice who formed the "gender group" and who hold meetings with zero visitors and 3 to 5 gender "lady's" weekly. Later followed Romane's Brussels chapter.
Danielle, A feminist and WIR came in on the Dutch wikipedia and started to behave herself as the most shitty man against male editors with the warm support of the gender group, special Elly and Lidewij, Guido's top mod on his Wikisage. And than it went wrong.

Yes, exacte. Romaine with his Pirate Party. First they started to create articles out protected material what is strict forbidden in Europe. And then started to let students translate not checked articles from other wiki's what is complete irresponsible to the students. (Copyvio!!) And because all these idiots like in general can't write a article they founded Wikidate to copy past junk what was so poor no one ever will go after the copyright or databank right and Wikimedia Ronnie with Ronniebot started to "Write" and "expanded" articles in this way. The chapter with most times female wiki Eurocrap took the complete Dutch wikipedia over and trolled out who did't fit in there thinking world. With exacte the argument sof Opabinia r.

he argument that someone's large amount of good content work should balance out their occasional annoying personal habits - really does rely on ongoing good content work. If you start to spend less time writing content and more time getting into fights, eventually that shifts the balance of that judgment.

Well, the result of this approach we all know and no one can blame me because I had left this wiki madhouse a year for that SanFanBan when they came with pirate flags waving behind me on Whally's and mine Wikiquote. Not to help, no to sabotage and Arb Vigtroll even claimed he didn't gave a damm about wikiquote and has done everything to destroy it. The end we all know, a French gender chick took Romaine his Pirate flag away, hinted him over and over and over, Romaine shouted but I am no bot! I have feelings and am gay, but nothing helped him and "Black Jan" booted him out..

That SanFanBan of WMF was for me a extreem clear signal, and just like I obey my king I respected it form the first moment on. Because I am not the fool Vigilant and Kumioko and mendaliv are. On the surface you see indeed the biggest idiots you can imagine as WMF employers, yes. They are indeed in the pick with impressing titles. But who takes the trouble to dive deep in like I did get a other pickture. Because if you look under that surface you see something complete different......

Because the king of trolls is......... exacte, Jimmy boy!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:28 am

Oh, sweet Timmy. So naive, so blindly optimistic some day the bigger boys and girls will do something that he agrees with, repaying his loyalty.

All I see there, is a person willing to describe Eric Corbett's misconduct, as "occasional annoying personal habits". A person who can do that, won't be calling for his banning this side of 2025, presuming she is still on the Committee.

Be interesting to see if you can bring yourself to say a bad word about her in your forthcoming election guide. Certainly didn't last time around, eh?
Highest possible endorsement
(1) Opabinia regalis — I'm enormously pleased that OR is returning for a second stint on the committee. Two years ago it appeared that there was an organized "Civility Party" attempting to take over the committee with a view to purging grumpy content people. OR appeared to be part of this "Civility Movement," but gave every indication of reasonability. I'm pleased that whatever hysterical shrieking about the danger that I did was misplaced. Moreover, OR has not only proven a reasonable soul and a fetter upon extreme action, but has demonstrated herself to be introspective, intelligent, and responsive. I put her next to New York Brad as spiritual leaders for the betterment of the committee. She should pull in a NYB-like massive percentage of the vote in the current contest, and with good reason. Long may she reign.
If it were down to Opabina and Brad, Eric wouldn't even have to answer for picking his nose in public, an actual annoying personal habit.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:03 pm

CrowsNest wrote:

Oh, sweet Timmy. So naive, so blindly optimistic some day the bigger boys and girls will do something that he agrees with, repaying his loyalty.

Keep swinging, eventually you might land a punch. Law of averages and all...

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am

On and on it drags. Why can't the clerks give updates over what the actual fuck Arbitrators are even doing? Every 24 hours wouldn't be onerous. Other than the obvious, waiting until the storm has passed, so they can sneakily decline without giving a reason, doing the easiest thing they can, kicking the can down the road.

The request, in a nutshell....
I endorse the sentiments by Sandstein and would like to see a case. Securing a block in the most recent AE thread in response to clear and continuous violations was way too difficult, to the extent that I myself proposed that a new case was needed. We’re struggling way too much to sanction this chronic problem user, who does not even pretend to respect his sanctions, much less the policies they attempt to enforce. We need your help here. ~Swarm~ {sting} 01:45, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
By my understanding, Eric has repeatedly and unequivocally indicated not only that he holds WP:CIVIL in contempt, but that he has no intention of ever abiding by it. ...... --Aquillion (talk) 04:56, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
I have nothing meaningful to say about this utter tripe. CassiantoTalk 04:38, 18 August 2019 (UTC)

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGLLLLKBBBAAASRRRRGGGGGLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!111!!111!!?!?!11!?!!!!! :evil: :cry:

Aquillion, demonstrating perfectly why this witch-hunt needs to be closed, as soon as possible. .....Words fail me. CassiantoTalk 09:01, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
If only.

Ɱ2xCdac
Sucks Noob

Post by Ɱ2xCdac » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:24 am

Restricted case (6/1/1)
Thank you everyone for your patience. Over the weekend the committee discussed the possibility of accepting the case based upon the scope I proposed above:

To review the current restrictions and sanctions against Eric Corbett to determine if they are sustainable and proving effective...

And where the case would look at Eric Corbett's blocks, warnings, and any past AE, ANI, AN, and other complaints filed at noticeboards. The below rough consensus emerged (as I understand it) and I have invited the others to correct their votes if I have made a mistake, or to add any further comments. We are still discussing the matter as to whether the case will be opened and then suspended. Mkdwᵗᵃˡᵏ 03:50, 27 August 2019 (UTC)

Supporting
*AGK (per mailing list)
*Courcelles (per above)
*Gorilla Warfare (per mailing list)
*Joe (per mailing list)
*Mkdw (per mailing list)
*PMC (per mailing list)

Opposing
*Opabinia regalis (per mailing list)

Recused
*Wormᵀᵀ

an uppdate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Ɱ2xCdac wrote:an uppdate
About fucking time too.

Absolutely no need for things to take this long, they aren't examining evidence at this stage, just seeing if there is smoke (to indicate a fire), or for them to leave the community hanging for days on end, not knowing if anything is happening behind the scenes at all.

Now we can start the party.

Eric is properly fucked. No way does this end well for Wikipedia.

If they take the sensible view, he has got to be banned outright, never to be released until he accepts his own part in his own downfall, and gives some indication how things would be different if they were ever to grant an appeal.

If they continue the strategy of doing anything they can short of a ban, the arrangement they come up with will be so ridiculous, so obviously a case of special treatment for special people, where the person in question isn't remotely special by any reasonable standard, or indeed remotely deserving of special treatment (the guy has literally never apologized once, for anything, fer chrissakes), it will just continue to be a cause of division. And most hilariously, it seems likely Eric wouldn't even come back under such a circumstance, so the months spent crafting every word of every clause, with people wargaming every possible scenario it can be gamed, will have been wasted. If he does come back, they should be worried, because he has already shown that at least half the time he spends on Wikipedia now, is trying finding ways to specifically use his sanctions to cause disruption.

If they end up merely easing or abandoning his restrictions, it also becomes another cause of ongoing division, as people legitimately ask, why the fuck is this bastard getting special treatment for literally doing nothing that all other users are told they have to do by the arrogant Administration, many clearly friends with Eric, to earn a reprieve and begin the process of rehabilitation.

Any weird mix of an outcome where neither side can figure out if Eric has won or lost, while probably the easiest way out of the mess for the Arbs, by definition won't end the conflict. Simply because previous Committees let it fester for so long without a workable solution, most people now are only interested in Eric either achieving total victory, or being utterly destroyed, and the war goes on until either outcome is achieved.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Statement by WJBscribe
I am astonished that in light of recent events, ArbCom believed that secret deliberations as to whether to open this case and its scope were appropriate. If the restricted case scope means that ArbCom will not consider the behaviour of others who may have (e.g.) baited Eric into breaching his sanctions, it creates a manifestly unfair one-sided case. I any event, I ask that the deliberations of Arbitrators by email that took place over the weekend be published here so that they can be properly scrutinised by the community (with redactions of any non-public information referenced (if applicable)). WJBscribe (talk) 10:40, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
Recent events?

Does this prick not realize ArbCom keeping a tight seal on their mailing list, so nobody could determine the true extent of their role in the build up to and indeed reaction to Framban, played a bit part in that recent event?

Funny how these corrupt pieces of shit are only interested in transparency when it helps their causes.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:34 pm

The whaaaaambulance is rolling now......
Former Arbs must be crying into their open palms. — Ched (talk) 09:47, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
So they should. You think there would have remotely been a case to request here, had they not properly screwed up all prior opportunities to DO THEIR FUCKING JOB?

It's not called the kick the can down the road Committee for a reason.

When you look at what Eric Corbett is, you wonder how it is the past iterations of the Committee were ever allowed to even get away with it. He is a recidivist, he is unapologetic, he is spiteful, he is openly contemptuous of a whole host of basic Wikipedia principles, and most importantly of all, those are his long standing traits that all pointed to an inevitable parting of ways.

He never misrepresented who he was, it is the enablers who engage in industrial scale bullshit to keep spreading these enabler myths about how it was never his fault. Eric was always true to his word. He was never going to change, it was always the case that Wikipedia would have to change to accommodate him.

This easily discovered horror show of a backstory all arguably even predicted the manner of his eventual departure, with Eric having realized he can never change Wikipedia, so resolving to trying his very hardest to achieve martyrdom, while his endless stream of enablers still claim it has all been a horrible mistake, he's a good boy really, he is just misunderstood. It has always been someone else's fault. Like one single comment from Scotty, sick to the back teeth of enabler's games, could have possibly led to a case being accepted. In a word, bullshit.

His enablers on the Committee understood exactly what he is, and rather than face up to their responsibilities, they screwed all future Committees by taking absurd positions.