Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats Oh my!

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:23 am

CrowsNest wrote:I can't make it any more simple - an ArbCom of Opabina's is a win for Eric in your eyes.


How weird you are. You don't really follow Wikipolitics, do you? No, that's not it — you like to type, you don't like to read. I'm absolutely pleased as punch that Eric has been wheeled out Wikipedia's back door to his slot at the bar. And I'll be even more pleased when he melts down and leaves WPO shortly.

I am bitterly UNHAPPY with all of the current Arbcom, save two, for kissing WMF's ring, for their violations of norms of fair investigation and fair defense of subjects against charges levied. The Star Chamber bullshit has become intolerable — and I speak in particular of the Fram case, not the Corbett almost-case-that-was-shut-down-before-it-started-because-the-yob-socked.

Crow wrote:You previously thought that's what you thought you got, but you're unhappy now because it turns out most didn't vote how you had hoped, and yet again we are hearing calls for complete replacement of the committee because it's the worst one ever.


I don't think I've called this one the worst one ever, even though it might be.

Crow wrote:What we need clearly is some that brilliant crop from yesteryear, the people who got Wikipedia and Eric to this position with stupid vote after stupid vote. Luminaries like NewYorkBrad, who has done more than most on the Committee to ensure Eric never ever looked like he was even in the same universe as other editors of similar contributions, as far as responsibility for his own actions was concerned.


I'd very much like an Arbcom with a core of Opabinia r., Worm That Turned, New York Brad, and Drmies... Those are the skill players. We can always find some competent linemen on the waiver wire.

RfB

P.S. I wonder if Jim would run. He'd be good in that role.
User avatar
Carrite
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:48 am

Carrite wrote:I'd very much like an Arbcom with a core of Opabinia r., Worm That Turned, New York Brad, and Drmies... Those are the skill players. We can always find some competent linemen on the waiver wire.
In other words, you want an ArbCom that would have let Eric Corbett edit forever.

It doesn't matter that you stabbed him in the back and withdrew your "net positive" support recently (as clear an act of wikipolitics I have ever seen - slavery being alive and well on Wikipedia under your watch) - that wasn't guiding your thinking when you campaigned so hard for Opabina, nor is it behind your current displeasure with the others you supported back then.
Carrite wrote:I wonder if Jim would run. He'd be good in that role.
He wouldn't stand. Never in a million years. I don't think you know the bloke at all.
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:55 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Carrite wrote:I'd very much like an Arbcom with a core of Opabinia r., Worm That Turned, New York Brad, and Drmies... Those are the skill players. We can always find some competent linemen on the waiver wire.
In other words, you want an ArbCom that would have let Eric Corbett edit forever.


I quoted Opabinia r. above — Eric has moved from Net Positive to Net Negative over the last 18 months or so, just check out his contributions record. She was one of the ones hanging him with the indef for socking. She would have voted to indef him in a full case... I have no reason to doubt that Worm and Brad wouldn't have done the same thing. Drmies is a loose cannon and I have no idea what his thought process might have been with respect to Eric.

Crow wrote:
Carrite wrote:I wonder if Jim would run. He'd be good in that role.
He wouldn't stand. Never in a million years. I don't think you know the bloke at all.


He probably wouldn't stand, but he'd think about it. He takes the administration role seriously.

RfB
User avatar
Carrite
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:18 am

Carrite wrote:She would have voted to indef him in a full case... I have no reason to doubt that Worm and Brad wouldn't have done the same thing. Drmies is a loose cannon and I have no idea what his thought process might have been with respect to Eric.
No way was Opabina banning him, she didn't even want a case, the only one to reject it. Brad has consistently baled him out, and nothing has changed about his reasons for doing so, hence why he also urged the current Committee to reject the case, and in a rather contemptuous fashion, as if it wasn't even a legitimate question, whether his sanctions were working. Drmies does whatever Opabina wants (fact), because he wants to be in her knickers that badly (analysis). Worm is recused.

Other than that, it was as well thought out and believable as any of your predictions.

When are you going to accept it? The bigger boys (and girls) don't do what you want them to do, it is and always remains your personal wishes, just sent off into the ether, on a sky lantern, before falling to Earth and choking some poor dumb animal to death.
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:40 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Carrite wrote:She would have voted to indef him in a full case... I have no reason to doubt that Worm and Brad wouldn't have done the same thing. Drmies is a loose cannon and I have no idea what his thought process might have been with respect to Eric.
No way was Opabina banning him, she didn't even want a case....


You really are amazing when you start spinning... The person who voted to indef EC for socking around an ensuing Arbcom case would have voted to acquit if the case had been held, after publicly signalling that he had become a Net Negative?!?

Okay, if you say so, oh omniscient one...

RfB
User avatar
Carrite
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 am

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
Carrite wrote:She would have voted to indef him in a full case... I have no reason to doubt that Worm and Brad wouldn't have done the same thing. Drmies is a loose cannon and I have no idea what his thought process might have been with respect to Eric.
No way was Opabina banning him, she didn't even want a case....
You really are amazing when you start spinning... The person who voted to indef EC for socking around an ensuing Arbcom case would have voted to acquit if the case had been held, after publicly signalling that he had become a Net Negative?!?

Okay, if you say so, oh omniscient one...
Check that signal. She's always careful to say she can be persuaded, or some bullshit, before going back to her original position - there should not have been a case, just some undefined novel method of dealing with him, some sort of catch and release. That she didn't even think would work.

And let's have it right, she's corrupt, she makes shit up, but she's not stupid. What has she got to gain from being the one Arbitrator who apparently doesn't think creating an undisclosed sock which both evades your current sanctions and let's you dodge an upcoming case to review those sanctions, doesn't warrant an indef block? She's gonna publicly align herself with the sort of blindly loyal stupidity that falls out of the cake holes of Cassianto and Giano, and for no reason at all? Just to be seen as the one single dissenter? She rose to Arbitrator precisely because she isn't that dumb. She rose to Arbitrator so she can represent Dumb. You should know!
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe, go easy on Cassianto, he's just angry because he's the one that set all of this in motion. ‑Scottywong| [verbalize] || 16:59, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
I love it.

It just be cold as balls in Wikipedia, because this is revenge.

Nom nom nom Cassianto!
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:31 am

How fitting that Eric not a misogynist Corbett's last victim was a woman.....
You can say what you like about us as a committee as long as you do it in a civil manner. But again as an individual, I am heartily sick of being accused of bad faith and wanton destruction and wishing to do harm to a project I've tried to serve well for thirteen years. Now, y'all can have this section for a day to lambaste me and my colleagues some more, then I'm going to shut it down. I'm not going to respond and I probably won't read it before I remove it because I'm already discouraged enough, but if you wanna say some stuff, go ahead and say it.

Finally–and this applies to everybody–if you want to leave, leave, and if you want to stay, stay. No one, especially not me, is irreplaceable. Katie 13:04, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am

The deets.
......I'll say this as an individual CheckUser, and it's all I'm going to say, so don't ask me to expand because I can't. Another CU saw an account that they felt was trying to game extended confirmed, which is pretty common these days. They ran the initial check and notified the committee that they felt this was Eric Corbett. I then ran the recheck myself, as did another CU on the committee, and there is no doubt that the accounts were controlled by the same person and that it wasn't the first time this person was trying to avoid scrutiny....... Eric had not in fact left the project as he announced he was going to do. Leaving under the cloud of an arb case isn't that unusual, and it's happened a few times during my time on the committee. What Eric actually did was use an alternate device to create at least one other account, then he used that account to try to bypass the scrutiny of an arbitration case......Katie 13:04, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
Pretty damning.

Back when he last socked, ECP wasn't even a thing, so he probably had no idea the risk he was taking, walking around the woods with a deer hat on. Even if deep down he wanted to be caught, I doubt he wanted to be caught in such a pathetic fashion.

Sounds like a good case to basically say, fuck it, screw AGF and screw privacy, we clearly can't trust a single bastard on this site, so we might as well do routine sweeps checking every user, every month.
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Eric Corbett

Postby CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:57 am

He's gone full troll on WO. Claims he has already filed a GDPR request, and because Vigilant is so mean he's not going to share with them the information it gleans. They will "just have to read about it in the papers".

Reads like the empty threats of a kindergartener.

As usual, he won't come here, because he knows he can't get away with this shit.
User avatar
CrowsNest
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Wikipedians

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest