Wikipedia's top Ten MegaSpastics

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
singora
Sucks

Wikipedia's top Ten MegaSpastics

Post by singora » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:29 am

Over on Wikipedia Review (now zapped) I ran a thread about Wikipedia's top ten MegaPedians. I recall including Ian Rose, Gerda, Brian Boulton, Cliftonian, Sarah (Slim virgin), Tony1 and Sturmvogel.

Let's try a different angle -- why not compile a list of Wikipedia's biggest losers, most incompetent failures and most useless social spastics.

To get started: Berean Hunter.

More to follow.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Wikipedia's top Ten MegaSpastics

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:33 am

Have you figured out yet why your list of ten best Wikipedians was misguided? Every Wikipedian is a bad person - if it's not because they're doing bad things, it's because by willfully participating in that rigged system, they're just perpetuating the harm it does to knowledge and its own users.

Gerda in particular is ridiculous - all she does is whine via single engagements with people during particular dramas. It's just a constant never ending background noise. It's like she has no awareness at all that the way Wikipedia works is if you have a problem with how something is done, you corrall your fellow editors to build a consensus to change things.

If she doesn't want to do that, perhaps because she realises her views are not shared by the majority, or that the system is so rigged that even the majority can be defeated, she really should just give everyone else a rest and leave. She can't. Why? Because she's not a sensible, intelligent, introspective individual, she's just a pathetic little addict, every bit as much as the people she is so often criticising.

This is why, even for these so called good Wikipedians, there is only ever one way out - a spectacular burnout as they finally go nuts at the realisation they just wasted a decade of their life on a bunch of total bullshit. As has happened recently with Tony1. His legacy is a MoS which is barely followed, easily ignored by determined editors, and a website where Administrators happily let editors (and often their fellow admins) talk about those peers of theirs whose interest is in the MoS in the grossest terms, as if it's not a personal attack, or even incivil.

The place is a toxic sludge pit - the only good Wikipedian is one who has seen the light and has left, and is putting their experience to good use by telling other people not to wade into it, because you will only get their sludge on you, and will become just another sad little addict.

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:28 am

CrowsNest wrote:Have you figured out yet why your list of ten best Wikipedians was misguided?

Respectfully, I'd prefer not to argue. Let me add some more spastics to this important list.

1. NeliN. No comprehensive list of WikiSpastics would be complete without this tragic little loser.

2. Drmies. Our best friend -- Dr Micheal.

3. Floqenbeam. I may have this username wrong. Regardless, the gentleman is a wonderful example of a complete pussy, social inadequate and keyboard warrior.

4. Fram. The key point here is that Fram clearly wants to be a moddy woddy. A volunteer moddy moddy. On a shitty website. It's very important to him. And that, in a nutshell, reveals his total spasticity. It's almost as if he's broadcasting his complete social inadequacy.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:50 am

When I was a child, a very long time ago now, "spastic" was the common term for a person with what is now called "cerebral palsy", which is often a result of accident before or during birth. It was also a common playground insult. Since then I have had occasion to work with people with this condition, who have been productive and valued members of the workforce.

Using this outmoded term as an insult is contemptible. Criticise Wikipedians by all means, but do so without being a jerk.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Randomly, I was reminded (by my internal monologue, not any kind of public shame, thankfully) that I still habitually use the phrase "I'm just gonna mong out". Not sure if it's just UK slang, but it means you're too tired to do anything except laze on the couch. Obviously this use of "mong", indeed any use, is horribly offensive, but until then I'd never given it a thought. Every day's a school day I guess.

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:21 pm

AndrewForson wrote:When I was a child, a very long time ago now, "spastic" was the common term for a person with what is now called "cerebral palsy", which is often a result of accident before or during birth.
Using this outmoded term as an insult is contemptible.

OK. All good. I'm probably not the person you think I am. Or perhaps I am.

But I have no desire to offend. Allow me to apologize.

Have a great day tomorrow.

If you would like this thread to be zapped, simply contact the moderators. Kind regards.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Sashi, thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated. I look forward to seeing more of your critiques of Wikipedia, Wikipedians and the Foundation in another thread, but agree with you that this thread should be closed or deleted.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:34 pm

I actually hadn't said anything about this thread yet Andrew. I might have said that Spassky was a remarkable chess-player. Are you using your super-villain amnesiac techniques on us again?

singora is singora. Except, when they're not. I, sashi, am not singora. That said, I do sometimes watch news about Singapore.

:merlion:

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pm

AndrewForson wrote:Sashi Singora, thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated. I look forward to seeing more of your critiques of Wikipedia, Wikipedians and the Foundation in another thread, but agree with you that this thread should be closed or deleted.

Apologies to both of you ...

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 am

sashi wrote:Spassky was a remarkable chess-player.

Do you remember the time when an even more remarkable chess player opened with pawn to queen bishop four. And then it transposed into a Queen's Indian?

Reykjavík, 1972.

I checked out that game again a few months back.

Art. Pure art.

PS. Quick edit. It was game 6.