331dot

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

331dot

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:04 am

The Wikipedians are really having to scrape the bottom of the barrel now to find new Administrators. Latest to humbly accept the honour of a nomination is 331dot. He's undoubtedly a crap candidate, and for the usual reasons - lack of any kind of ability to read a room and defuse a situation. As well as just being a bit thick and/or duplicitous.

There's loads of examples, especially in his favourite haunt, WP:ITN, and associated areas, like Talk:Main (and I'm continually amazed at how Wikipedia doesn't try and prevent its worst users from posting there).

This was a recent farce.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main ... _Main_Page

An IP complained that Wikipedia seemed to be giving Elon Musk free advertising on their front page, given how it included mention of his car in the recent ITN item about their latest rocket launch. The discussion sees 331dot first make a stupid mistake, responding to the IP with a post that wouldn't make sense to most Wikipedians given its over reliance on inside baseball terminology and concepts, let alone a complete newcomer. So for a prospective Admin, that's strike one.

Strike two is how he repeatedly, with some monotony, expresses total befuddlement at how anyone would see this as advertising. Now, I'm fine with people believing it was advertising, and I'm also fine with them not, both positions are reasonable. Although it's worth noting Wikipedia notes that this was a genius marketing move. If 331dot isn't capable of respecting other people's right to disagree with him on perfectly legitimate and understandable grounds, if he genuinely needs to act like they're morons and maybe they'll get it if he just repeats himself over and over, then he's going to be a very bad Admin. Wikipedia already has way too many like that.

Strike three really is a glaring example of someone being incredibly thick and indeed quite disingenuous - which in theory completely disqualifies him from being an Admin. It was shown in the way he also monotonously repeated a classic Wikipedia cliche in reply to anyone and everyone seeing this as advertising, namely that when deciding what to write, they just follow the sources. Well, for a start, no, there's plenty of caveats to that principle, including of course, not being a free advertising service. So the question is, does he really not know that? There's no answer to that which wouldn't disqualify him.

Second, his argument that because sources considered the car to be a key part of the launch, Wikipedia must too, rather ignores the fact that due to ITN having its own peculiar microclimate of rules and regulations, this particular launch was always going to be mentioned on the front page regardless of what sources said, even in the unlikely event they completely ignored it. He knows this, because he obliquely mentioned it to the IP in his first reply (ITNR), and because he's an ITN denizen. He clearly decided not to remember this important fact here because it undermines his argument, and this sort of duplicity makes him absolutely unsuitable for Adminship.

At time of writing, the Wikipedians haven't yet spotted just how easy it is to find disqualifying attributes about this guy. So he'll probably sail through - at this stage of Wikipedia's slow decline, they're so short of even halfway decent candidates, they'll simply vote for anyone who isn't a massive prick. Which is stupid, because it's a job for life, and 331dot has seemingly done all the growth and development as a Wikipedian he is ever likely to do. Habits like his, are hard to break, especially if nobody is pointing them out to you.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: 331dot

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:54 pm

86 supports already, but the roll call reads like a lineup of Wikipedia's worst.

Here's a classic......this statement in defence of The Rambling Mam is being held up by Banedon as evidence 331dot will make a great admin......
Like others above I urge that this be declined. Unsurprisingly, it was not, and TRM got desysopped, so I guess what we have in this admin candidate is someone who can't read a room. If people don't like their interactions with him, then they shouldn't interact with him. Oh fuck right off. Not only is this classic victim blaming, it rather ignores the fact that TRM's favourite parts of Wikipedia are tiny enclaves where cooperation is integral, and therefore the inevitable result of choosing not to interact with him, is to not participate in a whole aspect of Wikipedia, like ITN or FLC. It is for this reason that there are editors lining up to directly cite TRM as the reason they don't. Does Wikipedia need another admin who happily defends its resident assholes and blames their victims? Victims who are, unsurprisingly, frequently women. No one forces them to respond to his comments Or to put it another way, no one forces him to make comments that piss other people off. He just has that troll gene, and a bucket load of arrogance. Wikipedia really doesn't need another admin who doesn't grok that taking personal responsibility for your own behaviour before having the temerity to accuse others or use them as an excuse, means just that. It is policy for a reason. (and on some occasions that I see, people give as good as they get) And smart people, i.e. a good Admin, would realise this is the reason why I just said what I did. Does Wikipedia really need another admin who doesn't get this very basic aspect of how to avoid or diffuse a tense situation? If 331dot does become an admin, just what exactly will he do when he sees one of these situations involving TRM? It sounds like nothing, at best he will do absolutely fuck all, at worst he will join the fray. Isn't their something better we could all be doing? Yeah, Wikipedia really doesn't need any more admins who happily brush huge problems like TRM under the carpet, and pretend like this is good for the project. If TRM being an admin was good for the project, he would be one, having asked for and been granted a second chance at RfA. His tedius bravado aside, even TRM himself knows he has no fucking chance whatsoever because he's just that much of a prick. So you would hope a prospective admin would be able to realise it. 331dot lacks the foresight and maturity to recognise, let alone act, when faced with a problem like TRM. As such, when it matters, he's gonna be a fucking crap admin, just another useless and clueless coward. It is as simple as that.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:26 pm

I love how he's pointedly avoiding answering Andrew's questions.
Additional questions from Andrew D.
9. I am currently opposing on the grounds that you seem too deletionist. By this, I mean that many/most of your recent actions seem hostile, negative and obstructive. But I notice that, back in 2012, you characterised yourself as inclusionist. Please clarify your position on this issue. Andrew D. (talk) 09:50, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
A:
10. The username 331dot seems like it might mean something but I don't get it. Please explain. Andrew D. (talk) 09:50, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
A:
Why? It must be because he can see Andrew is disliked, and so he must be thinking his chances won't be affected by treating him like he doesn't matter. Even though, if he disagrees with the premise of the first question, it would be a perfect opportunity for him to show he can actually do what all the people supporting him think he can.

Andrew's second question is a dumb question, but they allow dumb questions, and he's happily answered other dumb questions (so we now know he drinks Earl Grey, which is so useful). So why wouldn't you bother to answer Andrew's trivial query, except to make it clear the issue is the person, not the questions.

All told, a nice window into the sort of admin he will be. He's gonna fit in swimmingly. It all shows the Wikipedians aren't looking for people who have standards and principles that are measurable to an objective standard (i.e., a policy), which of course state that there are virtually no circumstances where it is OK to just blank a fellow editor. They're only looking for people who are no worse than they are, and they as a community happily play games like shun the lepper. Easier to be a scumbag, when those you select as your best and brightest, are also scumbags.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Dumbass......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =838930775

This mistake nearly cost them both the editor in question, as well as totally pissing off their class trainer......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... an_unblock

This is why there should be a probation period for new admins - anyone remotely familiar with 331dot would have known he had a screw up like this in his locker. What the fuck is he even doing processing unblock requests as a rookie? He didn't say that was an area that interested him.....thus revealing the pointlessness of standard question 1. Obviously he's doing it because he thinks he has a good handle on policy and is generally clued up. He doesn't, and he isn't.

Too bad the Wikipediots who turn out at RfA don't seem to pay as much attention to their candidate's qualities as I do.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Damn. How hard could it have been to defuse that situation? Instead, it ended up being the bestest prof, like, ever v. the latest admin recruits. ^^

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:07 am

Been a while since I was reminded just what an absolute douche this guy is.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Deat ... uppression

If ever there was a high profile Wikipedian who needed to feel the full force of consequences for their actions, it is this guy.

Wikipedia could be complicit in causing a mistrial and see an alleged murderer walk free.

Meh....they should just block the Internet, like China

Wikipedia could be implicit in innocent lives being taken in vigilante attacks.

Meh....people be crazy

Wikipedia might be doing something just because it can, not because it should.

Meh....servers, America is cool

The BLP policy might be being violated.

OK, now you might have something. We should not name the accused.

-------

What a tool.

He's a Wikipedia Administrator, somehow, and yet it was him who had to be reminded that BLP applied anyway, and so the name that wasn't even in the article, should stay out. All the dude saw was people going against the Official Religion of The Cult, until they invoked the proper Holy Scripture. That's what you have to be to pass RfA with flying colours, a useless brain dead sack of shit, whose only loyalty is to Xenu.

Stierlitz
Sucks Admin

Post by Stierlitz » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:25 am

The Wikipedians are really having to scrape the bottom of the barrel now to find new Administrators.

At this point, anybody who works there is either a 'bot or the online equivalent of the German Volkssturm, the "Home Defense" force thrown together in 1944 and smashed to pieces in the final battles of the war. Old men and Hitler Youth kids firing crude anti-tank rockets out of trenches or sniping at Allied soldiers driving past in Jeeps. The only good thing about it is that they can't sink any lower, because MONGO came and went before 331dot.
A sockpuppet of Strelnikov, without NOW with the Admin powers of Strelnikov.