The jealousy, it burns

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

The jealousy, it burns

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:13 pm

A thread to document all those times a Wikipedian says he is unimpressed by someone's real world accomplishments. As if being a Wikipedian has ever been anyone's idea of a lifetime achievement.

Their naked jealousy, it's hilarious, so enjoy......

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The jealousy, it burns

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 pm

First up, we have Thomas.W, who I think if memory serves, will be appearing a lot in this thread. His user page lists his major accomplishments as being a grandfather, a grumpy old fart, and a Wikipedian for far too long. So well done you Thomas.

He's commenting on the AfD for Kishor Panthi, who is apparently anchor for ABC Television Nepal. As we know, deleting the biographies of television anchors only known in shithole countries is a strategic priority of the WMF.

Not content with fulfilling this mission, Thomas goes one step further.....
Delete for failing all notability criteria in the book, and being obvious self promotion. And I'm not the least impressed by his claim about being "...the first accredited Nepali journalist by US Department of State"... - Tom | Thomas.W talk 13:20, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
Yeah, take that, you fucking nobody!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Of course, there's this infamous quote by Dr. Blofeld (RIP*) directed toward Graham McCann.....
I'm well-qualified thankyou very much, just not some snotty lecturer in a Hooray Henry university who thinks he can bully "lesser folk" on wikipedia because he is a respected author. You're quite a repellant creature aren't you?
Oooh, you can practically feel him seething, can't you?

Full background......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ntrol.html

* - dear old Blowers is of course in retirement right now, having been bullied off the site by Fram for the infringing nature of his early edits

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 pm

This is awesome.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =834535668

http://archive.is/Kbzjc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... l_%26_Ross

Can anyone do any better than finding an example of an editor dropping their jealousy right into an article? ("A flowery tribute" most certainly does not appear in the reference).

Hey Hoary, maybe if you weren't a Wikipedia editor who wikiscribbles for a 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, you might be able to afford a luxury watch!

We perhaps shouldn't gloat too much in his case, his full profile seems to suggest he's one of those veterans who busted a gut to improve Wikipedia through the golden years (2005 to 2010 to be precise), before seemingly becoming jaded, disillusioned, bitter and knackered. If it were me, I'd want to damage the holy scripts out of frustration too.

Although it could just be the classic school-college-work activity profile, particularly it's stepped nature. If so, well, good luck Hoary, you might get hat watch after all. Although it admittedly doesn't look good. Nearly 600 exits this year suggests he might be coasting at his first job.

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
I'm well-qualified thankyou very much, just not some snotty lecturer in a Hooray Henry university who thinks he can bully "lesser folk" on wikipedia because he is a respected author. You're quite a repellant creature aren't you?

That comment is a gem. It belongs in the National Gallery.

Did you know that Blowjob actually wrote an article about Hooray Henrys? He has mega issues. He also wrote an article (a disambiguation page, actually) about my surname and my family's connection with Formula One racing. Creepy, huh?

For the record, I now think his claim to have worked as an abbot at a Tibetan monastery is pure BS.
Last edited by singora on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Quote:

This is an organisation that — quite scandalously — polices itself, judges itself, and legitimises itself. It is always right because it decides what is right. You are always wrong because it decides what is wrong. You can choose to bow to its authority and become a loyal subject, or be condemned as an unbeliever.

This would be comical if it were a small, insignificant enterprise, but Wikipedia is huge, and hugely powerful. And it has power without responsibility or accountability. This is unacceptable.

It is high time this arrogant, self-admiring, self-regulating, often bullying organisation be placed under the formal supervision of an independent watchdog.

Graham McCann

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:17 am

This:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooray_Henry

It's vintage Blofeld.

Quote:

Eric Partridge describes a Hooray Henry as a "male of the upper classes who exhibits a superior or anti-social manner". The Cambridge Dictionary defines one as a "young man from a high social class who speaks loudly and behaves in a noticeable way in public." In the Cassell Dictionary of Slang (1998), Jeff Grant defines a Hooray Henry as a "rich young man given to much public exhibitionism, drunkenness and similar antisocial activities, all based on an excess of snobbish self-esteem." Chambers Dictionary simply defines the term as "a young middle - or upper class man with a loud voice and ineffectual manner".

Only someone with huge inferiority issues would write such crap.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 am

The article gives a good description how I have experienced the deep state of Wikipedia. Indeed as a Kafkaesque experiences and #Metoo had the feeling I was slipping down the rabbit hole in Alice In Wonderland. But I ended up in front of the wiki-king and queen of the who stole the tarts court, also named arbcom.

It is ridiculous, also the way Wikipediocrazy is defending this borderbaster what is ignores local legislation, European regulations, and any rule of decency. Because that is what happens. It's immoral.
This organisation is running without any external control, like for instance the controle of democratic states, without any morality and the most sad of all the result is a "encyclopedia" filled up with absolute nonsense, copyvio, propaganda, misinformation and a complete crazy "managementman" what should fit perfect in Alice in Wonderland.

And that has to be the standard of knowledge 2030 in Holland. Give me a break.

Yes, I am talking about Wikipedia-NL, the only wiki I know very well. But what about other Wiki's? Did anyone there in SanFan ever had a good look on them? i don't think so, but thank god they have jurk Alexander to mute everybody who is telling the true because that is what they don't want to hear! The cowards with there troll army behind their keyboards!
Last edited by Graaf Statler on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:11 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =836139952

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/med ... -1.1513432

Hey, Jytdog, we get it, you're a hardliner against people who you think are exploiting Wikipedia for personal gain. But don't you think other people might see your vicious attacks on a class leading website with millions of visitors as being motivated by sheer jealousy?

Hardly worth mentioning that this prick is already on a civility parole, Wikipediots simply don't care for such things in actuality. Unsurprisingly, Queen Bitch Bishonen thinks "Jytdog has it exactly right."

Take the power to edit Wikipedia away from these scum, and what influence over the world would they actually have? Who would care what they have to say about anything?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am

I think many, many people also in WMF and on Wikipediocrazy agree with us, that is not the point. The real problem is legal and financial, not who is right. Because, at the moment Maher stops here cheerleader act, and WMF admits they are not the moral standard of the internet world and replace this kind of editors, the whole wiki circus collaps and they are broke! And that is the reason they are fighting with there troll army with Alexander in a front position at the moment.
A soft landing is impossible, it will always end up in a crash landing, and that is the whole point!