eagle

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

eagle

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:11 pm

In my opinion, the Working Groups are advocating for similar experiments to bet $1.1 billion with a similar lack of rigor. If the WMF wants the movement to change direction, it should come up with a series of pilot programs rather than ask the ship (Titanic or Queen Mary?) to turn on a dime. The WMF is trying to crowd source its 2030 Strategy particularly from the Global South. There is no reason to expect those voices to produce a sound, coherent set of recommendations that will attract the support of either large donors or the US and UK volunteers. KM and her new Chief of Staff are in charge of mediating those differences.

Do you have any evidence of this statement? And do you consider it as useful to invest a lot of money in chapters with free loaders who are "solving" all kind of not existing problems in the rich, good organised country's? Who are only producing bot crap? To finance overpaid trolls with pirate flags?

And second, to be clear, Wikipedia has cost me because I got really ill a fortune because of the behaving of that fine wikipedians there.
The Wikipedia experience was even a attack on my health because of all the bulling and trolling and gaslightening . in every way I am attack you remember, even in my private life. (i am fine again, thanks.) My name and reputation is smeared with wiki mud. And I did a lot of useful work there what has cost me many, many hours.
But I came much stronger out of i than I ever was before, and that is the Graaf you guys are seeing now.

Do you really think I have any intention to protect corrupt WMF employers or a corrupt WMF or a (supposed) partying Katherine Maher?
I just write down what I think is justified. I am relative a outsider and a child of two worlds without any contact with these people. Without any, with no one of them.
And I have not ever had a even a chocolate bar or any promise I should ever get one.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: eagle

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:15 pm

What for the holy fuck are you proclaiming here, eagle?

It seems to me that there are two basic ways to view this case, Laura Hale, the WMF, T&S have tried to frame this case in terms of "harassment." Because some Arbcom members feel that outbursts like "F--- arbcom" ruffles too many feathers and understand how Laura Hale could feel targeted by the series of ANI, AN and GA reassessments, they want such conduct stopped (even though each action was justified by itself.) People on this thread have suggested that Arbcom is trying to fashion a remedy to prove to the WMF that it takes seriously "incivility" and/or "harassment" on enWP. That is why they are trying to remove Fram's admin bit.

On the other hand, people who believe that "honesty" or "integrity" is fundamental to the project, believe that Fram was provoked by an incredibly brazen COI by Laura Hale and her posse. (But for the vocal defenders who did not disclose their COI and who canvassed off-wiki, Laura Hale's bad editing would have stopped in 2012.) T&S should not have entertained her complaint, and the T&S process does not adequately consider the honesty of the people bringing complaints to it. (The system was designed for child protection, where the identity of the tipster is irrelevant.) After the WMF Board backed down and Laura Hale vanished, Arbcom was freed to focus on the "honesty" portion of this case. To me, there is no need to consider secret evidence, and the simple solution is to acknowledge that "honesty" or "transparency" are fundamental to Wikipedia; T&S did not follow our process in banning Fram and removing his bit; the T&S action must be reversed; and anyone who sees the need to sanction Fram must bring an open Arbcom case against Fram, with Fram being able to defend himself on-wiki. The idea of taking "secret evidence" from the community is incompatible with the community's values.

It is that simple.

No, it is not as simple of that. You don't have to follow the community's values, you simple have to follow the ToU and the rest of the rules of the Foundation. WMf overrules anything, they own the domain, they make the rules if necessary. Self governing is not endless freedom my friend, it doesn't overrule the ToU. Because at the end they are responsible for the result.

UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT, EAGLE!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:21 pm

They're long on "seems to me" bullshit, and short on "the facts show".

I mean, the facts show this.....
The system was designed for child protection, where the identity of the tipster is irrelevant.
.....is horseshit.

But it's Wikipediocracy, horseshit is what they do.

Exhibit A:
Moral_Hazard wrote:I agree

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:34 pm

The system was designed for child protection, where the identity of the tipster is irrelevant

Ach! What system. Guido and harassing children. Het idee alleen al.

Guido will never, never hurt one single child. Never! It is a huge scandal this is ever even sugested!
Kristina Pimenova was with her mother on that filmset, for sure she sees Guido as a nice uncle and that is all, what do you think.
A complet gênant, shameful shit gossip based on really nothing.