James Alexander

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

James Alexander

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:47 am

Kumioko wrote:It always amazes me how far out of their way some people will go to justify incivility for one person, especially admins, and then block someone else or chastise them for being incivil. Floquenbeam and James Alexander at the WMF are just 2 examples. Floquenbeam is notorious for telling people to F off or go the F away and James Alexander was such an poor admin it simply amazes me the WMF even hired him. Then to put him in the trust and safety section is just a slap in the face to anyone in the community who is trying to improve Wikipedia or the other WMF projects.

I want to know everything about this man. I want every information about him there is. He had plans to go to lawschool according to his user page, so he isn't a lawyer. Here I am reading James Alexander was such an poor admin it simply amazes me the WMF even hired him. So, he is unqualified for his function as a manager trust and safety. But he takes the most important decisions in the Foundation, excluding people from editing, and excess to there one work.
Does anyone has more and/or other information about this person? Links would be great, and every information is welcome.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: James Alexander

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:29 am

Well, Kumioko disagrees, but Alexander is on record as saying he doesn't make these global ban decisions unilaterally, they don't happen without extensive input from Legal, which presumably actually contains some lawyers, and his other team members.

This makes it easier to criticise them, because this means their ridiculous bans in the name of Trust and Safety are the product of institutional stupidity, not the vengeful act of a single demented prat. Or rather, not solely the vengeful act of a single demented prat.

In short, you would expect, even if Alexander ends up moving on, there will be an established institutional culture at the WMF which retains the sort of warped ideas and general fears that seem to give his department a sense of purpose.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Well, Kumioko disagrees, but Alexander is on record as saying he doesn't make these global ban decisions unilaterally, they don't happen without extensive input from Legal, which presumably actually contains some lawyers, and his other team members.

This makes it easier to criticise them, because this means their ridiculous bans in the name of Trust and Safety are the product of institutional stupidity, not the vengeful act of a single demented prat. Or rather, not solely the vengeful act of a single demented prat.

In short, you would expect, even if Alexander ends up moving on, there will be an established institutional culture at the WMF which retains the sort of warped ideas and general fears that seem to give his department a sense of purpose.

Well let me explain how these work a little.

First, James Alexander gathers "evidence" including circumstantial conclusions and inaccurate Checkuser data and builds a case against the person. Often these cases are based on requests from influential users within the community and although they can provide input and information there is no opportunity for the individual being banned to defend themselves or dispute the evidence.

When James feels he has enough to justify a ban he does get legal to review it, but they aren't approving or disapproving anything, that IS all up to him. They are reviewing it on legal grounds and commenting on the chances the WMF could get sued for banning the individual. This has as much to do with the individuals wealth and donor status as anything else because they know the vast majority of individuals don't have the money to sue and they don't want to ban someone who is making large donations. So as long as the person isn't a donor and isn't rich, they pretty much just give it a cursory review and sign off.

James is nothing more than a liar when he says it isn't up to him, it is and he is just assuming everyone outside the WMF is to stupid to know better.
#BbbGate

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:
Kumioko wrote:It always amazes me how far out of their way some people will go to justify incivility for one person, especially admins, and then block someone else or chastise them for being incivil. Floquenbeam and James Alexander at the WMF are just 2 examples. Floquenbeam is notorious for telling people to F off or go the F away and James Alexander was such an poor admin it simply amazes me the WMF even hired him. Then to put him in the trust and safety section is just a slap in the face to anyone in the community who is trying to improve Wikipedia or the other WMF projects.

I want to know everything about this man. I want every information about him there is. He had plans to go to lawschool according to his user page, so he isn't a lawyer. Here I am reading James Alexander was such an poor admin it simply amazes me the WMF even hired him. So, he is unqualified for his function as a manager trust and safety. But he takes the most important decisions in the Foundation, excluding people from editing, and excess to there one work.
Does anyone has more and/or other information about this person? Links would be great, and every information is welcome.

Over the years the WMF has become a jobs program for out of work admins and James is just one example of that trend. He is under-educated, a liar, a hypocrite, dishonest and general just an asshole. When he was an admin, before he was desysopped for inactivity, he was a lousy admin and nearly everyone in the community agrees. Most think even less of him now. The bottom line is, he represents the typical admin to WMF employee. He is a white, male, loser with no hopes of a real job outside the handouts from the WMF he receives.
#BbbGate

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Kumioko wrote:Well let me explain how these work a little.

First, James Alexander gathers "evidence" including circumstantial conclusions and inaccurate Checkuser data and builds a case against the person. Often these cases are based on requests from influential users within the community and although they can provide input and information there is no opportunity for the individual being banned to defend themselves or dispute the evidence.

When James feels he has enough to justify a ban he does get legal to review it, but they aren't approving or disapproving anything, that IS all up to him. They are reviewing it on legal grounds and commenting on the chances the WMF could get sued for banning the individual. This has as much to do with the individuals wealth and donor status as anything else because they know the vast majority of individuals don't have the money to sue and they don't want to ban someone who is making large donations. So as long as the person isn't a donor and isn't rich, they pretty much just give it a cursory review and sign off.

James is nothing more than a liar when he says it isn't up to him, it is and he is just assuming everyone outside the WMF is to stupid to know better.

Ah, now I understand why they are scared to dead for me...... (inside information, of the record) They mixed me up with someone else, were thinking I was a troll, not the person who I am. And if they had know who I really am they had never, never banned me in there whole life....... and had never been so uncivil and impolite to me....

Because that person change is the mystery why that complete unknown and unimportant Graaf Staler has been Global banned......It's getting clear to me.
And also why they are in complete panic at the moment.
In such a huge panic they blow aggie's pro board away, and now are trying to make my list of written articles disappearing....
Because if this ever gets public, or I actual go to court with my lawyer Asma it's there end!

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Honestly there are loads of things in Wikipedia that could be used to take them to court including Copyright infringement, libel on BLP's and the lack of process for dealing with either. The WMF relies on the fact that the majority of people don't have the money to fight them and the rest don't care what some trash wiki says, because no matter how hard they try to persuade people to think otherwise, the Wikipedia community themselves consider Wikipedia to be an unreliable source of information.
#BbbGate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:39 pm

:shock: :D :lol:

Yeah, hard pass. Give it up Kumi, I can't spend the rest of my life trying to spoon feed you the basics of the coporate world. You now readily admit Legal advises James as he said (I thought this was what you previously called a lie?), but now you want to argue this doesn't matter because they have no power over him and they only properly look into it when James wants to ban George Soros. I repeat, give it up. You have plenty of solid reasons to call this ban an injustice, you're only playing into their hands by pushing this narrative, because it makes you look crazy, and makes it harder for anyone else to sympathise with you.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:47 am

CrowsNest wrote:

Yeah, hard pass. Give it up Kumi, I can't spend the rest of my life trying to spoon feed you the basics of the coporate world. You now readily admit Legal advises James as he said (I thought this was what you previously called a lie?), but now you want to argue this doesn't matter because they have no power over him and they only properly look into it when James wants to ban George Soros. I repeat, give it up. You have plenty of solid reasons to call this ban an injustice, you're only playing into their hands by pushing this narrative, because it makes you look crazy, and makes it harder for anyone else to sympathise with you.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying a little. I admit and always have that he probably does run it by legal, but at the end of the day its James decision to ban someone or to even start the process of banning someone. That is literally the job he made for himself. What I am saying is that legal doesn't really give a shit about these bans and just gives them a cursory read through looking for key words like you and I read spam and hands it back. They don't help him do the research, start the process, decide who should or shouldn't be banned, they don't control the process (or lack thereof), they don't even fact check. They just rubber stamp the package so they can say its gone through legal. James is and has been for a long time, the hatchet man. That is the only reason he is still employed. They gave him a shitty job that no one else wants and he's to stupid to turn them down. Working at the WMF is not a career building resume bullet. The WMF is a resume killer and this job will ruin his career, if he ever tries to apply for another job somewhere else, they'll laugh him out of the office.
#BbbGate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:30 am

Kumioko wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:

I think you misunderstand what I am saying a little. I admit and always have that he probably does run it by legal, but at the end of the day its James decision to ban someone or to even start the process of banning someone. That is literally the job he made for himself. What I am saying is that legal doesn't really give a shit about these bans and just gives them a cursory read through looking for key words like you and I read spam and hands it back. They don't help him do the research, start the process, decide who should or shouldn't be banned, they don't control the process (or lack thereof), they don't even fact check. They just rubber stamp the package so they can say its gone through legal. James is and has been for a long time, the hatchet man. That is the only reason he is still employed. They gave him a shitty job that no one else wants and he's to stupid to turn them down. Working at the WMF is not a career building resume bullet. The WMF is a resume killer and this job will ruin his career, if he ever tries to apply for another job somewhere else, they'll laugh him out of the office.
Like I said, crazy. If we had anyone else in here who has worked in the corporate world, they'd tell you the same too.

He may not like you, but he did not screw you on his own, and he has neither the power or charisma to direct others to do his bidding blindly. You know this. Most of what you say James is, namely a witless loser retard who cannot offer riches or status to anyone else in the organisation, undercuts this evil mastermind persona you want us to believe shitcanned your ass. He signed the Order because it's his job. That is most likely the only place where your narrative and the truth coincide.

I don't know why you're so reluctant to see it. Is it pride? You gotta realise there's no reason for me to be distancing myself from it, not since you came out as HTD. What reason do I have to be defending the WMF against you? None. I'm doing you a favour here, on the off chance one day someone with some power or influence does ask you for your story. Repeat after me, I'm innocent, and the WMF fucked me over. That's all you gotta say. We as your official HTD representatives can do the rest, since we pretty much know all the details. You remembered to pay your dues, right?

Out of interest, if you found out tomorrow that James had left the organisation, obviously to pursue a career sitting on pavements collecting change like you say, what's your plan?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 am

All right gentleman. A question. Is there a change James and his team make a fair, independent judgement about a complex situation on a foreign wikipedia in a foreign language in a country what is not under the jurisdiction of the American legal system? Because, in that cause you need Dutch lawyers, native Dutch speakers, and translators. Does WMF has a team with this expertise in there house? And is James qualified for such a complex case? Because, whatever happened inside WMF, he is the man who made the decision, so he is responsible.