Jan Gerlach

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Jan Gerlach

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am

Jan Gerlach is Public Policy Manager, Wikimedia Foundation, and a part of the legal team of WMF.

I wanted to confirm our position very briefly: the Wikimedia Foundation is deeply concerned about requirements for mandatory upload filtering to fight copyright violations or other problematic content that could appear in the future. Therefore, we oppose Art. 13 of the proposed Copyright Directive due to its potential harm to freedom of expression, user privacy, and collaboration on the internet. We believe that a general monitoring obligation for platforms would threaten user rights. Best, --JGerlach (WMF) (talk) 06:16, 12 June 2018 (UTC)

Jan, you don't know how I hate red traffic lights! Alway's, always when you are in a hurry, BAM! Orange, RED! And in the middle of the night, no traffic at all, and you are waiting, waiting, it seems hours!
And because I hate red traffic lights I am the chairman of the ignore red traffic light movement. And we have a world wide foundation, so we are a kind of colleges, and if you send me a PM I give you my bank account. Your gifts for lobbying in police offices are very welcome!

But, back to the subject, Jan, you are complete right, And just ignoring that Art. 13, who cares! Filtering to fight copyright violations or other problematic content, it's a huge scandal!
Indeed it threaten user rights, as recorded in section 4B, sub 32, page 4 of the universal user rights, conformed by the world wide conference in Esino Lario. Very important you point to this important section.

But because we are colleges maybe you can help us. Our new foundation I mean. Because, there is a plan to install automatic camera's behind every traffic light! In whole Europe! And that will hurt my rights as a red light driver. Yes, it violates my driver rights in general, and the right of free roads.

By the way, do I insult you if I say you are a complet idiot, and it is unbelcievble someone who is writing this crap has any function in a legel team, and is writing blogposts on the WMF blog? Does that hurt you? I am so sorry, but it is the true! Because your "statement" is just as absurt as what I am writing! Wiki rights what should overrule European legalisation and copyright laws!
Copyright laws what exist for decades, and what now is reformed to European legalisation, because that is where it is all about!

The Dutch auteurswet is from 1912, The first traffic light in The Netherlands from 1929. And a European copyright law doesn't exist, and there not even a serious begin, because the states are to different and disagree about almost everything. And my prediction is there will never be a European copyright regulation, because long before that time the EU has disintegrated. So where are you dreaming of?