Kupdung

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Kupdung

Post by Kumioko » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:55 am

CrowsNest wrote:A chilling message to the community from one of the SignPost's "Co-Editors-in-Chief".
Readers' comments are often contentious, often blatant personal attacks at The Signpost editors, and often little more than trolling. It's a shame, because in general, comments from most of the serious Wikipedia editors are objective, but the time will come when the comments page will be deprecated and comments will have to be submitted by email to be selected by the editorial board as they would be for any other newspaper. The problem is that many people refuse to recognise The Signnpost as a newspaper and make the same demands as they would for a Wikipedia article which of course it is not. Other options are to cease production completely - which will happen if the tiny number of regular contributors dries up, or to move the magazine to its own server. In any case, far too many readers' comments are not conducive to encouraginng further contributions. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 04:59, 1 February 2019 (UTC)

The reason the Signpost isn't recognized as a newspaper is because it isn't. No one would miss it if it were gone except Kudpung.
#BbbGate

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm

It's a kind of tabloid. No real news and a lot of sensation and the wiki-world according to Kutpung.
It is nothing, it is complete bullshit, it is not even worth to pay much attention on it.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Dysklyver wrote:This being after people noticed he posted links and a detailed report about a something on a website he said he would never visit. :roll:
What, you didn't believe them when they said they get all their information from the TIP LINE?

Less Chinese firewall, more Chinese whispers.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 am

Kumioko wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:A chilling message to the community from one of the SignPost's "Co-Editors-in-Chief".
Readers' comments are often contentious, often blatant personal attacks at The Signpost editors, and often little more than trolling. It's a shame, because in general, comments from most of the serious Wikipedia editors are objective, but the time will come when the comments page will be deprecated and comments will have to be submitted by email to be selected by the editorial board as they would be for any other newspaper. The problem is that many people refuse to recognise The Signnpost as a newspaper and make the same demands as they would for a Wikipedia article which of course it is not. Other options are to cease production completely - which will happen if the tiny number of regular contributors dries up, or to move the magazine to its own server. In any case, far too many readers' comments are not conducive to encouraginng further contributions. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 04:59, 1 February 2019 (UTC)

The reason the Signpost isn't recognized as a newspaper is because it isn't. No one would miss it if it were gone except Kudpung.

Awwwww, I'd miss it. It's a tradition. It has stuff.

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:36 pm

What. A. Scumbag.
Oppose. Evad has certainly provided us with some useful tools, not to mentionn the extremely necessary 'move to draft' tool for New Page Reviewers. However, on 28 February last year he abruptly stopped editing and did not make a single edit until 8 April. It's not so much the hiatus which wasn't too long, but what gives me pause is the fact that the absence was not even accompanied by a "Hi guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it for a few weeks" and no replies to various emails while still shouldering a volunteered responsibility for a project. RL (and perhaps health) can certainly get in the way occasionally, but not necessarily to the extent of going AWOL without a word; it was nevertheless a great relief when he just as precipitously returned, safe and well. Concurring with other editors in this section, especially Softlavender, I feel that there is inconclusive activity in the expected areas for me to be able to ignore my usual criteria, and which has not really demonstrated a need for the tools. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 16:56, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
Denying someone Admin tools because they dared to log off one day and never told the other random nerds where he was or what he was doing......HOW DARE HE!

With such a warped view of Wikipedia as that, where literally the only freedom you have is to log off and never give the place a second's thought, an essential freedom for a stressful role such as Adminship, how is Kudpung still allowed to be an Administrator?

He's fucking mental.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:33 pm

The latest signpost is out.

In his post as de facto leader of the failing wikipedia signpost Kudpung has published, quite a lot of stuff he didn't write:

A desperate appeal for help.
The obligatory amalgamation of Flow 2.0 related stuff.
The shortest Arb report ever.
A reprint of the tech newsletter.
Some research abstracts.
Literally a reprint from 2005.
A message from the WMF.
a photo gallery.
OMG people use Wikipedia when watching Netflix.
Vanity page.
Hypocrisy, thy name is Bishonen.
Homophobic rant by SMcCandlish.

Indeed, there is no editorial control being shown here at all. Methinks Kudpung didn't do anything. :?

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Update:

The homophobic rant by SMcCandlish (http://archive.is/Abrt0) has been nominated for deletion, and is now at MfD.

Also, as an essay it's been around since 2017, but the essay is being deleted too.
https://archive.is/ZVudT
http://archive.is/QeN3i

;)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:51 am

Kudpung has disavowed all responsibility.....
I had nothing whatsoever to do with this latest issue. ...... Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 09:18, 1 March 2019 (UTC)

There is absolutely nothing which connects me with the decision to publish the February issue of The Signpost...... Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 11:24, 1 March 2019 (UTC)

Naturally, the fact he was still listed as Editor-In-Chief is someone else's screwup. :roll:
If stuff about The Signpost is out of date it's not my fault. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 11:24, 1 March 2019 (UTC)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =886722272

The primal scream of the old white straight dudes of Wikipedia.....
Even if the (heavily canvassed) consensus was that the article was inappropriate, a lot of bad blood has been spilled by several very mean spirited individuals, long-timers and newbies alike, including editors and admins for whom I have had the highest respect. There are people who will look for any excuse feel they have been insulted, attacked, or intimidated (ANI is full of it) and there are the drama lovers and wannabe Wiki police who rejoice in the opportunity to join in the fray and pile on. Wikipedia is getting out of control. It's time to stop the fiasco. Kudpung3 (talk) 03:41, 8 March 2019 (UTC)

STOP THE FIASCO PEOPLE.

:lol:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Stopping? Please not, It is just getting fun! :mrgreen:
Do you know the epic story of the witch who roll a golden ball in a gathering of people by a new born baby? Who gets it may keep it! The names and details I can't remember, but there it remains me on.

i am really sorry, but I am pissing my pans. And always remember, it is complete for free as long you are no so stupid to give these fools one cent. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: