Alex Shih

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Alex Shih

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Archiving issues he no longer wants to talk about. ("Closed section")

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =874854341

We are getting a real good window into why he couldn't cope with being an Arbtirator. Not really the role for people who can't or won't put their money where their mouth is.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:47 pm

On look, now we know why Alex was so reluctant to explain his resignation......
Alex Shih: Statement from the Arbitration Committee

The Arbitration Committee feel it is appropriate to elaborate on the reasons for Alex Shih's departure. Whilst Alex Shih was a member of the Committee, he held the Checkuser right. Both his use of the tool and his disclosure on-wiki of non-public information breached the Wikipedia:Checkuser policy multiple times. In addition, arbitrators felt that he had committed other breaches of confidentiality in his use of private information received whilst on the Arbitration Committee. In August 2018, the Committee confronted Alex Shih with these concerns. Shortly afterwards, Alex resigned from the Committee and gave up the Checkuser and Oversight user rights. The Arbitration Committee considers this resignation to have been under controversial circumstances. The matter was also referred to the meta:Ombudsman Commission by a group of functionaries including several arbitrators when the extent of the actions came to light.
As per the Super Mario Problem, despite having done this, he has still been a Wikipedia Administrator all this time. Indeed, he still is one.

Amazing, the sort of scum that wash up on the shores of Wikipediocracy, acting like they're above answering the questions of people who have been banned from Wikipedia for offences no more serious than irritating the likes of Alex.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm

The sheer arrogance of the bloke, thinking he could stand for Steward with this in his past. More proof he's just been trolling the system ever since he was forced to resign.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:50 am

I think they call this a "Confirmed Result" in the CU business......
I wasn't planning on being elected, so having this anticipated or not is irrelevant. My contributions are obviously down as I am trying to fade away from the project, so it's one of these "to hell with it" moves. Either way there's nothing much to lose, and in this kind of situation you can see a lot of the true colours from people.
if we are to believe this guy, and on these things I do, he is being fitted up, and what he is guilty of doing, is no more serious than what goes on as a matter of routine.

-checks made by INVOLVED users
-checks made to eliminate unwanted opinions at RfA
-carelessness over publicly linking account names to IPs
-speculative checks made without any real foundation
-minimal if not no oversight on CUs by their fellow CUs
-the Ombudsmen is effectively pointless and useless

I would have some sympathy if he had chosen to do something a little more useful with this knowledge than become a sad little troll who treats the people who already knew this but can do nothing about it precisely because CU abuse is one of the main ways the Wikipedia cult keeps outsiders out, like shit.

Still, on the bright side, looks like Kumioko has a rival for the role of world's biggest fanny.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 am

The little fuck is chattering away on Wikipediocracy, but hasn't made a single edit on en.wiki since this broke.

And the governance system of Wikipedia (i.e. Arbitrators) still think he hasn't done anything to warrant being demoted from the trusted position of Administrator. The excuses offered up by other Administrators range from the usual (no tool abuse) to the bizarre (ArbCom don't go looking for cases).

Literally zero standards. Truly, Wikipedia Administrator is a role for life, unless you do the Wikipedia equivalent of shooting someone on fifth avenue in broad daylight (and Bishonen could get away with that too).

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am

I am pretty sure what Alex did counts as utter incompetence, they would be justified in desysoping him.

Also:
https://thewikicabal.com/2019/02/07/the-character-assassination-of-alex-shih/

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:23 am

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:38 am

Welcome back, Crow!

I like Alex, by the way.

tim

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Carrite wrote:Welcome back, Crow!
You thought that cryptic one liner and fifty character link was my work?

Ha!

You never knew me at all :cry:

Someone should reality tell Juice that Reddit exists.

The logical critic venue to talk about this incident in depth, would be Wikipediocracy, where Alex is a member. That's not possible of course, because they have shit moderators too.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Carrite wrote:I like Alex, by the way.
Not sure anyone would have thought you didn't.

A NOTHERE whiny little bitch, running backwards and forwards between Wikipedia and Wikipediocracy. What's not to like?