Suspected paid editor Beyond My Ken

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
NadirAli
Sucks Fan

Suspected paid editor Beyond My Ken

Post by NadirAli » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:13 pm

If there's a thread on him, please merge it with this post.

Here's a blog post on this chap and some of the insight on him http://wikipedia-sucks-badly.blogspot.c ... y-ken.html

I suspect he's on the payroll of the Indian mob on Wikipedia. I never encountered this guy, except on AN when he turned up to support my ban. Prior to that I noticed him on SPIs when he'd turn up to defend suspected Indian sock-puppeteers. On AN he promoted the idea that I was some banned user known as A Nobody.

If there was any consideration for Wiki policy, he should be banned under WP:NOTHERE :ugeek:

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: Suspected paid editor Beyond My Ken

Post by Dysklyver » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm

He is without doubt a perpetual pain in the butt. He pops up occasionally when I get banned (a regular occurrence) nd I once edit warred with him over his ownership of my talk page, which should give an indication of how detached from policy he is. But he is frequently on ANI harassing people and is basically one of the "untouchables". :roll:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 am

He's like fungus. He is the Wikipedia version fungus.

If he were ever to be indefinite blocked, you might be able to assume Wikipedia was reforming and reformable.

Hence why I do not.

He's one of these people.....
In your opinion, is there anything more important to Wikipedia than civility? Is, for instance, protecting the integrity of the encyclopedia more important than strictly enforcing politeness?
They're always dicks.

He's also one of those Wikipedians who likes to talk a hell of a lot about what Wikipedia is, what is best for Wikipedia, blah di blah di blah, as if people don't know he's the same guy who takes regular beatdowns like this.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Riverdale,_Bronx&oldid=869641542#RfC:_The_use_of_"affluent"

That may well be his defining characteristic, on that sea of oddballs. He's the rat in the basement who thinks he's CEO of the company.

ToneRat
Sucks

Post by ToneRat » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:56 pm

If he ever shows up at an noticeboard posting, doing his random bolding and italicizing of certain words, and sometimes underlining others, you can be certain that the thread will quickly derail. He was called out at ANI yesterday actually, but it was quickly closed after EEng popped in to get it off track. SMcCandlish pointed out he's got over 4000 posts to AN and ANI.

LargelyRecyclable
Sucks Noob

Post by LargelyRecyclable » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:36 am

NadirAli wrote:I suspect he's on the payroll of the Indian mob on Wikipedia.

He's a nut but you've lost me there.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 am

LargelyRecyclable wrote:
NadirAli wrote:I suspect he's on the payroll of the Indian mob on Wikipedia.

He's a nut but you've lost me there.

The "Indian mob" is like a big cabal of editors who are from India but somehow haven't been permanently banned because they edited topics related to Pakistan. They are very shifty.

NadirAli
Sucks Fan

Post by NadirAli » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 am

Dysklyver wrote:
The "Indian mob" is like a big cabal of editors who are from India but somehow haven't been permanently banned because they edited topics related to Pakistan. They are very shifty.

Nailed it more or less. Thank you.

Not only do those ***** edit war on India-Pakistan conflict pages, but mostly lurk around Pakistani topics and riddle them with Indian propaganda. This is the cause of about most of the Indian-Pakistani conflicts. Seldom do you see Pakistanis editing Indian topics.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:11 am

But that is a pity! Change Wikipedia in a realistic battlefield complete with car bombs, terrorist attacks, western soldiers, and whatever you need to make a modern conflict and let them get there dopamine. Make it as addictive as possible, pay them with cryptomoney. Give them all free unlimited acces to the internet, in that way wikipedia can be very useful.

It saves the taxpayer a tremendous amount of money and a lot of people there life. You can even think of digital university's whit talented professors like Drmies. I mean with a realistic environment and extreem high wages. Pay Alexander one million wikiwiki's a year and give him a digital penthouse with see view in SanFan, and he doesn't even have to move.

No, I know enough possibility's to make Wikipedia great again, they must hire me, but for real money!
What about one million euro a year?

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:57 am

Graaf Statler wrote:But that is a pity! Change Wikipedia in a realistic battlefield complete with car bombs, terrorist attacks, western soldiers, and whatever you need to make a modern conflict and let them get there dopamine. Make it as addictive as possible, pay them with cryptomoney. Give them all free unlimited acces to the internet, in that way wikipedia can be very useful.

It saves the taxpayer a tremendous amount of money and a lot of people there life. You can even think of digital university's whit talented professors like Drmies. I mean with a realistic environment and extreem high wages. Pay Alexander one million wikiwiki's a year and give him a digital penthouse with see view in SanFan, and he doesn't even have to move.

No, I know enough possibility's to make Wikipedia great again, they must hire me, but for real money!
What about one million euro a year?

I think you are onto something here, but you rapidly enter the realm of computer gaming, where they have no issues with money anyway.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:30 pm

No, no, no. You present it of course as a online encyclopedia, and behind the decor you built your gamers surrounding. Because that is the way to run a profitable wiki.
Of course I am not talking about changing the presentation of wikipedia as it is, because that is a blockbuster.

Here, it's in Dutch, Julien did here a excellent proposal and there was already a try out with a person called Graaf Statler.
It was really a hit in wikiland and that Graaf Statler is now a wiki celebrity!
It is just a beginning and a example of course, but I think that is the right direction for the wiki movement. Mix game and wikipedia, it is a much better strategy then they have now for the future. I mean there silly mouvement strategy. This is gold!