Wikipedians are crazy addicts

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Wikipedians are crazy addicts

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:51 pm

TenPoundHammer has admitted to being so drunk when he edits Wikipedia, he has blackouts.

If that wasn't bad enough, he has only admitted this as part of an effort to get a month block for his latest episode reduced.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue May 07, 2019 11:08 am

:lol:
My wife leaves on a three-month cross-country trip in the morning, and I'm intending to spend more of my time on her than on Wikipedia today. Ivanvector (Talk/Edits) 13:22, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
On 5 May this addict was posting to Wikipedia from 10.39 to 11.23, then 13.19 to 13.51, and finally 14.57 to 15.04. So even on the final day he was going to see his wife for three months, whatever his time zone (he claims to live in UTC-4), it is quite clear she did not have his sole and undivided attention.

The real question is, is she coming back?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri May 31, 2019 3:14 am

:roll:
As the blocking admin I will say this and only this (in-law coming in an hour, will be sporadic for a while): ...... N.J.A. | talk 21:24, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
Lucky old in-laws, to be granted almost their complete attention.

I wonder if they tell them the real reason why they keep having to pop out the room? Or do they just brazenly pick up their iPad there and then?

Nothing is more important than family, that's my rule. But then rarely am I called upon to explain my blocking of potentially 7 million UK based IP addresses. The things kids can do with their iPad these days. Or should I have said man-children?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:15 am

Um, yeah, OK.....
You don't know me, but I was genuinely upset to read your message on my talk page. I'm sure you sent in good faith but I feel hurt, and combined with what else is going on my life make me want to just walk away from the project; however I have a GA review to finish. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 18:20, 20 July 2019 (UTC)
Sorry, but writing a GA is the equivalent of baking a cake. It is frankly not something you do if you are "genuinely upset". Sad maybe, in a selfish way, something you might do to make you feel better, because it's all about you and your feelings. But no, not genuinely upset. Not walking away from Wikipedia upset, if Wikipedia were just a normal hobby.

But Wikipedia is not a normal hobby, the people who reach this guy's level of addiction have properly lost the plot. What we have here is someone so addicted to baking cakes, they won't leave the kitchen even though he feels like everyone else in the room hates his guts and wishes he would just die. Which they probably do, given he has been harassing one of the women bakers, drawing the ire of another women baker, who previous thought both were good bakers.

Not right in the head.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 am

CrowsNest wrote:But no, not genuinely upset. Not walking away from Wikipedia upset, if Wikipedia were just a normal hobby.

Not right in the head.

Wikipedia is not a normal nice hobby like LGB toytrains. Or backing cake, at least if you not poison everyone because you mixxid your dough with rat poison. It's a extreem difficult legal complex with all kind of legal minefields and a legal chaos wherefore no one takes the responsibility. And before you have even noticed it yourself you are pulled deep in the swamp. There must be no excuse for GA.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Say whaaaat?
It is true that I was a candidate for ArbCom in 2015, and quite a credible one; I was placed 12th out of 21 candidates, with 55.69% support, making me the highest-rated non-admin candidate ever. I just missed out on being elected. I was motivated by a belief that I could make a difference, but an important factor in my decision was that I was taking 2016 off to care for my terminally ill father and knew that I would have the necessary time to devote to the task. That is also why I have not run again.
Have I read that wrong, or is this guy saying he ran for ArbCom because he knew he would have lots of spare time in between caring for his terminally ill dad?

I have so many questions.

The Wikipedians, not so much. This way of thinking is normal to them.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Say whaaaat?
It is true that I was a candidate for ArbCom in 2015, and quite a credible one; I was placed 12th out of 21 candidates, with 55.69% support, making me the highest-rated non-admin candidate ever. I just missed out on being elected. I was motivated by a belief that I could make a difference, but an important factor in my decision was that I was taking 2016 off to care for my terminally ill father and knew that I would have the necessary time to devote to the task. That is also why I have not run again.
Have I read that wrong, or is this guy saying he ran for ArbCom because he knew he would have lots of spare time in between caring for his terminally ill dad?

I presume that to mean he was not working a 9-to-5 job and thus had more free time available during the day. Caretakers do not spend every waking hour caretaking — it is actually a task with substantial downtime between bursts of activity.

t

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:12 am

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Say whaaaat?

I presume that to mean he was not working a 9-to-5 job and thus had more free time available during the day. Caretakers do not spend every waking hour caretaking — it is actually a task with substantial downtime between bursts of activity.
I presumed the same.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:59 pm

:roll:
I remember those fun times as well Victoria. I used to just watch and listen to all the fun because everyone seemed so clever and talented that I was too embarrassed to say much. That bunch was so exceptional that I felt way out of my class here. But it did bring me a lot a pleasure just to watch this page because it reminded me of the fun that I used to have with my fellow workers. I thought our talk pages should be a place where we can kick back and have a little fun like we did when I was a working woman. It's very depressing to see what this place has become. Gandydancer (talk) 19:52, 18 August 2019 (UTC)

FUCK WMF
Sucks Noob

Post by FUCK WMF » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:14 pm

POST WHAT COUNTS AS YOU ARE TAKING AWAY KEY INFO OTHERS NEED:

Editting wikipedia is addiction, like some administrators or wanna be administrators losers 1234qwer1234qwer4, javahurricane et al...
Why wikipedia sucks: https://greatnonprofits.org/reviews/thanks/559504 edit warring over a saint, that's what wikipedia stands for, also: http://archive.is/XSEXQ :flamingbanana:
Some wikipedians have no life and have nothing better to do... https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... &limit=100 some fucked up senior editors like lugnuts of firefangledfeathers think they owe shitty "encyclopedia" and must revert everything, even when wrong:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1083153316 katyn desecreation all over:
https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph ... &limit=250
but of course, this is wikipedia "encyclopedia" where shit must happen 24/7, otherwise it would not be wikipedia!!!
And arguing over correct spelling of flavour took them a year to come to conclusion: they tried to delete their shame:
https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph ... id=8349002
Then you have fucking wikidiots like darkMatterMan4500, who is fucking up events, mixing them with one another on Armenian Genocide, first it was approved by wikibitch xenia, then she approved vandalism, then broken italian condom mtarch11, with shb2000, antandrus (real name david) wikiholics come to fuck it up even more:
https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?ti ... &limit=500

Therefore and wherefore, this is not normal behavior, wikiscum wants final word, even when they are wrong! :lol: :oops: