View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Drvies 

Madam Gender wrote:
Someone who is glad Statler is on sucks, not on WP wrote:
I would say: let the Graaf be the Graaf, he’s absolutely hopeless….. It’s nice to see he found a place at sucks, where he can think he’s quite the man.

I think it is not quite that simple, there is also the question of abuse.

My Evil Twin will not let Graaf comment here at all. She says he is abusive, and that abuse hurts people–not only the people who are abused, but also the people who witness the abuse.

When people find out I volunteer for Wikipedia, they want to give me books about abuse. I meant to write about this, but it is a very complicated subject, and I will have to look at the book again.

The first important thing is to stop the abuse, and to detach from the abuse. Because when the abuse is happening, all you can think about is the abuse, you are in reaction mode, to protect yourself, and you forget your identity. So when the abuse finally stops, first you are thinking about Graaf, then you are thinking about not-Graaf. You have to catch your breath, and get to a point where it is not about Graaf, where you can think about yourselves and your own goals.

If I have a chance I will try to write something about abuse, because as I said before, it is very complicated, to even understand what abuse is, and then what to do about the abuse.

Source

It remain me of Mdd, Mies.
Quote:
Wat niet hielp was, dat de opzet van Dekker's multimedia opzet ieders bevattingsvermogen te boven ging, en niet viel uit te leggen.

Want ook hier helpt de laatste zin absolute niet mee en gaat ieders bevattingsvermogen te boven, en valt niet uit te leggen. Maar je zou een poging kunnen doen.
Quote:
If I have a chance I will try to write something about abuse, because as I said before, it is very complicated, to even understand what abuse is, and then what to do about the abuse.

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2