The Kumioko Review

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Kumioko Review

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:27 am

Kumioko wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:7.

A claim that it the WMF doesn't fund The SignPost it will go the way of the Do-Do.

And while they've had their troubles, I think it's safe to say this was a classic Kumioko prediction, a piece of wishful thinking, based on no evidence at all, and indeed zero understanding of even the fundamentals (if The SignPost has any value to the Wikipedians at all, it is due to its perceived independence, which even back then, and certainly today, being seen to be funded by the WMF would have utterly destroyed.)

Well, to be honest I still think the Signpost is going to die out just like most of the WikiProjects have. It's nearly dead now, it has minimal interesting content and relatively few people even read it.

It's on minimal life support like RFA and a lot of other areas.
Yeah yeah. As anyone knows, it is sadly in far better health now than when serious critics were making predictions like this. This is no dead cat bounce, they haven't missed an issue in ages, and of course this idea they're not attracting readers or writing enough, that these metrics would show a decline, won't be borne out by the recent evidence as it pertains to the Smallbones era, which you haven't looked at anyway, clearly.

Why do you even bother writing garbage like this? It is so easy to disprove. You just don't know what you're talking about, and you don't want to know. It's always been your problem.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:31 am

A laughable claim that his nemesis James Alexander or one of the Arbitrators were responsible for taking down the ProBoards forum.

It was only a matter of time he says. Pure coincidence that the forum had been running along fine without any sign of external complaints, until of course his panties got in a bunch.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:39 am

An admission that he complained about ProBoards just so they would "stop spreading lies about me."

Sound familiar?

A perennial victim.

Oh, and a bizarre claim that he doesn't think lone wolf critics are effective, that we should all band together and work as one. Sure. How does one work together with someone who has said what he has said to anyone who will listen that he considers himself a lone wolf, that he is just gonna keep doing what he wants to do and fuck anyone else if they don't like it.

I mean, I can see how he would be more than happy if all the critics and all the forums coalesced around his thoughts and philosophies and did what he wants to do, but I think it obvious that is one hell of a ridiculous strategy, given he is embarrassingly poor at this whole criticism activity.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 am

Yet another random agreement hook (can't even tell who he is agreeing with there), just to have the opportunity to talk about himself, specifically to give his version of why he was banned by Wikipediocracy.

Is it the truth? Well, we already know that much of what he says there about what he wants and what he thinks about the site can't have been true, because he went back. Either that, or the guy just doesn't have any principles or self-respect at all.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm

Priceless.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Realizing the gravity of his screw up in whining directly to ProBoards?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:50 pm

A bizarre claim that 11. was meant to be a sarcastic jab announcing his presumably unwanted presence. Start as you mean to go on eh?

A rather unfortunate claim from the newcomer that he was certain that our Eric would soon ban him from here because he's just a power crazed fool like Greg Kohs. Not only factually incorrect because Eric doesn't own the forum, but I suspect based on my own experience, a quite an unfair smear of Eric.

As we know, it's Kumi who is now begging Eric to kick me to the kerb.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:56 pm

An actually useful contribution.

Sadly, still not very well formatted or annotated, and containing at least one claim that just looks bizarre.

Last line a sad little reminder that Kumioko doesn't quite get why people hate him, but is never shy about moaning about it, whatever the context.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Another sad attempt to blame ProBoards management for his probable miscalculation that brought down a critic forum.

Not content with that, a crazy paranoid suggestion that of course drags unnamed Wikipedia Administrators into the frame.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:50 pm

A claim that destroying the ProBoards forum might even be a good thing for criticism. But he didn't do it, obviously.

An incomprehensible statement about Facebook.