Sucks Fan

Re: We are all Kumioko

Post by oranges33 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:04 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:11 am
oranges33 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:07 am
Dunno if he'd (kumioko) wanna be me.

Never met him but he once called me a creep without barely knowing anything about me or my Wikipedia account. I am or was probably a creep, in the henry-flynt sense of the term, but seems he meant it as insult.
Link? Was this on Wikipedia or a forum?
some other forum. not really bothered by it but thought i recognized the name kumioko

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:11 am

oranges33 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:04 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:11 am
oranges33 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:07 am
Dunno if he'd (kumioko) wanna be me.

Never met him but he once called me a creep without barely knowing anything about me or my Wikipedia account. I am or was probably a creep, in the henry-flynt sense of the term, but seems he meant it as insult.
Link? Was this on Wikipedia or a forum?
some other forum. not really bothered by it but thought i recognized the name kumioko
Wikipediocracy? Or something else?

Kumioko said a while ago that there were people impersonating him, so it could have been that.

https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2019/1 ... underdome/
GenderDesk wrote: [...]

Now I get it. The forum has a “foe” feature that lets you turn off comments from people you want to ignore. You only see them if someone else quotes it as a part of their own post. So no one wants to “foe” Kumioko. They want to take him seriously. They just don’t want him spamming the forum, as they claim he has been spamming email lists. Although this might just be a joe job…it is also claimed there are now one or more Kumioko impersonators: people in the U.S. military establishment who are sympathetic, because they have gotten some help from Kumioko in the past in dealing with their own Wikipedia issues.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:24 pm

Without actually knowing who they are on Wikipedia, and I'm certainly not advocating they out themselves, it's hard to say but I have certainly called a few editors a creep. A couple I have referred to as a creep are Drmies, Beyond My Ken and Fae but there may be others I don't remember. As was mentioned before I was the target of a few Joe Job accounts as well, but I suspect if they say I called them a creep, it's probably true and for a good reason.
#BbbGate

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Post by oranges33 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:00 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:24 pm
Without actually knowing who they are on Wikipedia, and I'm certainly not advocating they out themselves, it's hard to say but I have certainly called a few editors a creep. A couple I have referred to as a creep are Drmies, Beyond My Ken and Fae but there may be others I don't remember. As was mentioned before I was the target of a few Joe Job accounts as well, but I suspect if they say I called them a creep, it's probably true and for a good reason.
Thinking about starting a wiki that only allows people who are globally locked from wikipedia. Think I read somewhere else that you met that at least that requirement. Would also wanna ban pedos from this wiki tho so not sure how many would be left after that.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:39 am

I think your confusing global lock with global ban. A lot more people are locked than get banned. But, i wouldn't create a wiki just for them. A lot are blocked for good reasons like vandalism, copyright violations.

I you want to create a wiki i would pick a topic your interested in and invite people to participate. If you get some banned or blocked editors from Wikimedia then great, but i woukdnt assume that.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:32 am

oranges33 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:00 pm
Thinking about starting a wiki that only allows people who are globally locked from wikipedia. Think I read somewhere else that you met that at least that requirement. Would also wanna ban pedos from this wiki tho so not sure how many would be left after that.
lol, less than you think.....

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Post by oranges33 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:06 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:39 am
I you want to create a wiki i would pick a topic your interested in and invite people to participate. If you get some banned or blocked editors from Wikimedia then great, but i woukdnt assume that.
I've done that. The wikis I created still get hundreds of thousands of views a month. I'd advise you do that instead of editing Wikipedia if you have the energy.

My wikis are in the hands of others now, and don't have the interest to create anything other than small joke websites.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:30 am

I do actually. I've been building up the military wiki on fandom for years.
#BbbGate

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:13 am

Kumioko wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:30 am
Why not have an independent one instead? Fandom is still run by Jimbo's cronies and, worse, is run by a for-profit corporation. Tons of ads too.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Dr Mario
Sucks

Post by Dr Mario » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:12 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:13 am
Kumioko wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:30 am
Why not have an independent one instead? Fandom is still run by Jimbo's cronies and, worse, is run by a for-profit corporation. Tons of ads too.
Thats not the only problem I have with fandom but the fact that fandom editor sucks even worse than Wikipedia.