Volunteerism under Capitalism is just slavery via propaganda

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Volunteerism under Capitalism is just slavery via propaganda

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun May 28, 2023 6:51 am

Corporations and government agencies could easily pay people to do the work volunteers do, but they won't. They believe that their propaganda is powerful that they can afford not only to not pay their workers a living wage, but none at all.

The WMF could easily write an encyclopedia with far higher quality with a fraction of their current budget. So why don't they? Because that would mean that they would have to do real work that benefits people and pay living wages. The system benefits almost nobody, but the people it does are the very ones running the WMF. The useful idiots do the work and the WMF enjoys luxury.

Many French firefighters are not volunteers, but they are so underpaid that they effectively are. In 2018-2020 they protested peacefully, Macron's thugs fought back (this is relatively peaceful, you can find far worse).

Edit: I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum, can a mod please move to the "Off Topic" forum?
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Volunteerism under Capitalism is just slavery via propaganda

Post by boredbird » Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:51 am
Edit: I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum, can a mod please move to the "Off Topic" forum?
Done.