Social oriented sites I've never been banned from or warned on

For whatever
journo
Sucks Fan

Social oriented sites I've never been banned from or warned on

Post by journo » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:29 am

Given I've been banned on most social oriented sites I've joined, including forums and wikis, it's easier to count them ones I haven't. The ones I haven't tend to be ones that aren't led by sensitive or controlling personalities

So I haven't been banned from Google services including Youtube. Never been banned on Facebook, Twitter, or Discord, and have used them extensively over a decade across many consecutive accounts. Never been banned from Ace-book (asexual dating site), or love-shy.com/net. Never was banned on 8chan when it existed either.

RetroidHooman
Sucks

Re: Social oriented sites I've never been banned from or warned on

Post by RetroidHooman » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:46 am

Of the many forums and social media platforms I've used the only ones I've been banned on are 4chan (twice) and reddit (a bunch of times). Reddit stands out as ban happy even in the current pro-censorship political and digital climate, both at the level of sub mods (and of course the "powermod" cabal that runs the front page) and admins, it might as well be part of the culture there.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:51 am

RetroidHooman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:46 am
Of the many forums and social media platforms I've used the only ones I've been banned on are 4chan (twice) and reddit (a bunch of times). Reddit stands out as ban happy even in the current pro-censorship political and digital climate, both at the level of sub mods (and of course the "powermod" cabal that runs the front page) and admins, it might as well be part of the culture there.
Could you elaborate further on how you got banned? I'm curious to know.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

account
Sucks Noob

Post by account » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:20 am

you don't get banned in youtube comment sections unless you post a comment on a small youtuber whos gone mad with power. which happens to be true for all small youtubers

RetroidHooman
Sucks

Post by RetroidHooman » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:47 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:51 am
On 4chan it was for off-topic posts. On reddit, the account bans were, first, for unspecified "hate speech" and I have no idea what I posted on that account that could be construed as such; then for ban evasion when when I was less tech literate. Individual sub bans I can't even remember the number, and were usually for expressing some opinion a mod didn't like. Sometimes I would be banned from subs simply for having a post history on other subs mods didn't like.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:51 am

RetroidHooman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:47 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:51 am
On 4chan it was for off-topic posts. On reddit, the account bans were, first, for unspecified "hate speech" and I have no idea what I posted on that account that could be construed as such; then for ban evasion when when I was less tech literate. Individual sub bans I can't even remember the number, and were usually for expressing some opinion a mod didn't like. Sometimes I would be banned from subs simply for having a post history on other subs mods didn't like.
I was temporarily banned from r/stupidpol for criticizing their moderators lack of action on enforcing their own rules, despite my post was heavily upvoted. I was r/WTF for posting anti-Wikipedia content. I'm also banned from r/France, but I don't remember why.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.