AI - Fad of the future (a Danger?)

For whatever
DexterPointy
Sucks

AI - Fad of the future (a Danger?)

Post by DexterPointy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:43 pm

So I (yesterday) read a blog post (23.May.2023) by Larry Sanger: A dialogue with a chatbot

Never fucking mind that it's Larry Sanger: It's very interesting to listen/read/observe an AI. (though I'm rather discontent that the AI / Chatbot is allowed to remain "nameless". WTF?!? Real people/humans should identify themselves, but not computers/software/processes, because they are sensitive liveforms, or what ... ?!? )

To me, it would appear that we've not progressed significantly since ELIZA (I don't have a link to an ELIZA implementation, but you'll probably be able to find such for yourself).
Well, it's definitely more verbose (not very helpful, or impressive). It's just as lacking in reflection as the attempt half a century ago.

So, I'm somewhat happy: It's transparently ignorant as a child, lacking in context, and merely trying to please. Though, me only being "somewhat happy", covers the fact, that soon or soon'ish, then such obvious inadequacies could get fixed. And then we might be faced with version 2 of humans going the computer says no.

journo
Sucks Fan

Re: AI - Fad of the future (a Danger?)

Post by journo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 pm

It's easy to see where AI today shines by seeing what jobs it is taking away and what business it is hurting. Current AI is replacing jobs in marketing, journalism, foreign language tutoring, and retail. It is also allegedly decreasing the income of artists and graphic designers.

The whole "anti-AI" thing I don't get, or why someone would invest any time trying to be "anti-artificial-intelligence".