The WMF got my ProtonMail account suspended

For whatever
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

The WMF got my ProtonMail account suspended

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:46 pm

So my Proton Mail account was suspended, and when I asked why, they said it was from an anonymous complaint (I'm sure you can guess who sent that). Not only will they not restore my account, they won't even let me download my emails.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

suckadmin
Janitor

Re: The WMF got my ProtonMail account suspended

Post by suckadmin » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:18 am

:flamingbanana:

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:21 am

suckadmin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:18 am
I asked them what part of their Terms I violated, still waiting on a response...

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:23 am

I have never even used it on Wikipedia. The only place I put publicly was my signature here, and a few days later it was suspended. These people are straight up psychos.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:26 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:21 am
suckadmin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:18 am
I asked them what part of their Terms I violated, still waiting on a response...

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:23 am
I have never even used it on Wikipedia. The only place I put publicly was my signature here, and a few days later it was suspended. These people are straight up psychos.
time to put jimmy at jimmywales dotcom as your new sig

(edited)
Last edited by badmachine on Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:33 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
well considering you weren't exactly being discreet by attempting to drive traffic here and claiming ownership of said stunt here while abusing an email service this sounds like purely karmic retribution

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:35 am

suckadmin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:33 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
well considering you weren't exactly being discreet by attempting to drive traffic here and claiming ownership of said stunt here while abusing an email service this sounds like purely karmic retribution
I wasn't using that email for that.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:40 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:35 am
suckadmin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:33 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
I wasn't using that email for that.
Doesn't appear that it matters if you got the stench of account abuse on ya

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:09 pm

I was browsing kiwi and found sage advice that applies to your situation

https://kiwifarms.hk/threads/cybersecurity-101.11731/

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:20 pm

ProtonMail's terms contains the following:
You agree not to use your Account or the Services for any illegal or prohibited activities. Unauthorized activities include, but are not limited to:

Disrupting the Company's networks and Servers in your use of the Services;
Accessing/sharing/downloading/uploading illegal content, including but not limited to Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or content related to CSAM;
Infringing upon or violating the intellectual property rights of the Company or a third party;
Harassing, abusing, insulting, harming, defaming, slandering, disparaging, intimidating or discriminating against someone based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, nationality or disability;
Trading, selling or otherwise transferring the ownership of an Account to a third party (with the exception of Lifetime Accounts, which can be sold or traded exclusively through the Company);
Promoting illegal activities or providing instructional information to other parties to commit illegal activities;
Having multiple free Accounts (e.g. creating bulk signups, creating and/or operating a large number of free Accounts for a single organization or individual);
Paying for your subscription with fraudulent payment means, such as a stolen credit card;
Engaging in spam activities, which are defined as the practice of sending irrelevant or unsolicited messages or content over the internet, typically to a large number of recipients, notably for the purposes of advertising, phishing, or spreading malware or viruses;
Sending junk mail, bulk emails, or mailing list emails that contain persons that have not specifically agreed to be included on that list. You agree not to use the Services to store or share content that violates the law or the rights of a third party;
Abusive registrations of email aliases for third-party services;
Attempting to access, probe, or connect to computing devices without proper authorization (i.e. any form of unauthorized "hacking");
Referring yourself or another one of your accounts to unduly benefit from our referral program's advantages.
Any Account found to be committing the listed unauthorized activities will be immediately suspended.