Watch Jess Wade deliver some utter bullshit at Wikimania

Dedicated to one of the WMF's "finest persons"
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Watch Jess Wade deliver some utter bullshit at Wikimania

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:18 am

You can't make this shit up.

https://youtu.be/auvxKRFV9mk?t=902

In part of that, frankly fucking weirdly manic, presentation, she has the absolute cheek to say that she's so grateful to the Foundation for making it so easy to drop citations into articles.

:? :oops: :roll:

On the same day she streamed that, she published the Wikipedia biography for Athina Markopoulou.

Unsurprisingly, a large proportion......
After finishing her doctorate, Markopoulou joined the Sprint Applied Research & Advanced Technology Labs, where she worked on the technical staff. She returned to Stanford University as a postdoctoral researcher in 2003. Markopolou joined the technical staff at Arista Networks in 2005.
......don't comply with the BLP policy.

Every single one of those sentences, given the nature of their content, is supposed to have a reference, AND it's supposed to be at the end of the sentence it supports, AND they're supposed to be there when she hits submit.

These are serious breaches of a serious policy, and Ms. Markopoulou deserves better. All of Wade's victims do, because this was no remarkable and embarrassing coincidence, she is this sloppy in virtually every single one of her biographies. And that's not hyperbole. Virtually every single one.

The material can and should be deleted until it has been properly sourced, according to the BLP policy, due to the obvious legal ramifications of not doing so. And it is only Wade who bears actual responsibility for doing that, nobody else.

That's the theory anyway.

A lot of people have clearly staked a lot on maintaining the myth that Jess Wade is a competent editor.

It goes deep and has become increasingly absurd and frankly indefensible.

I have seen people at the VERY TOP refusing point blank to address properly submitted BLP complaints regarding Jess Wade's systematic failures to source her articles properly, and I have seen them actually UNDO edits made to fix her articles, edits which were clearly marked as correcting BLP issues.

That girl in that video, now I see how manic she is, I doubt she could cope with this coming out as an actual scandal. But what choice is Wikipedia leaving anyone?