Katherine Maher - is she just a smiler?

For WMF employee / slave nonsense, developer hijinks, and MediaWiki and related software screw-ups.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Katherine Maher - is she just a smiler?

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 pm

My new forum friend Vigilant just started this topic. :mrgreen:

Vig wrote:Katherine Maher - is she just a smiler?

No.

Kum wrote:She's worthless as a CEO and as an ED and these two examples you post are just the tip of the iceburg. The only things she's good at are making donations and spending them.

Is she? And you believe all that sponsors give that millions just for rubbish and the bunch of lunatics and free loaders what you and your Eurocrap&Co guys are?

Zoloft wrote:I’ve been criticized for not speaking with her when I sat next to her.

In my opinion although she prefer to fuck with woman (excellent taste Katherine! :mrgreen: ) she is very nice to both man and woman for what I have understand. And very open to people. Ever thought why she hardly spoke to you, Zoloft?

Jans Hammer wrote:Ah but, is she "fit"

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Is she? I really don't think so Jans. And it seems to me to have very little to do with her job.

Nice topic, Vig! :D

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Katherine Maher - is she just a smiler?

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:09 pm

*Transcription.

https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2019/09/14/maher-interveiw-with-joakim-jardenberg/

Jude yourself about Katherine, As I said she is really, really very kind to man as you can see in the interview.

Really a very sad story. RIP dear young lady. Born in 1983, my god. So young!

https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2019/09/14/rip-magdalen-berns/

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Ah, Friday night got started early for Vigilant.

I see someone corrected his drunken mistake in the original thread title.

Pity they didn't put something worth reading in it while they were at it. What even is it for? What is the great debate question he is putting to the floor of their esteemed debate chamber?
She's got almost no wikipedia experience.
Who cares? Nothing the ED is allowed to do, remotely relates to editing.

Was NewYorkBrad elected to ArbCom for his experience in collecting donations? No.
She smiles all the time
Oh LORDY. A happy woman.

It's just far too easy. What kind of a forum hates it when women are happy? A Gamergate 2.0 forum.
and uses hipster newspeak at every opportunity
Gee, what a surprise. And there was me thinking the former Communications Director would speak like a New Jersey wise guy.
She's starting to feel the heat with [from this] corruption scandal.
Really? What's this based on?

If you say your earnest hopes and dreams, just fuck off.

What has this Lady got to fear from a sad sack who won't even write a blog post about what would be the most explosive scandal ever seen in Wikipedia, if it were remotely true.

You've got nothing. She's probably laughing at you right now.

You need to teach her a lesson, Vigilant. She can't laugh at you! Only your mother is allowed to do that.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:41 pm

All right. I have done what i presume many people hasn't done, I have taken my iPad and earplugs with me to the garden to lishen half a hour what our dear Katherine had to say. sitting under a tree, And yes, she smiled all the time and that is because she is a charming lady. And I like charming woman, old man like smiling young lady's.

What is much more important is what she had to say. But what was much more interesting what she didn't say. She sketched a picture about the unique possibility's of wikipedia, about wikidate, about wikipedia in general, it is not necessary to describe anything, take the trouble and watch yourself.

But what didn't tell Katherine? How to explore all these unique possibility's. And that is not with a wikipedia "Powered by Troll Power" leaded by a bunch of free loaders. Because in that case Wikipedia will very soon be history. I am sure Katherine understands this dammed well. A Trollopedia filled up with stolen content and free loaders has not any future.

So a transition is necessary and I have the honour to tell you witch one. What is the solution for Wikipedia to reach there high goals in 2030? A transition from copying to creating. Real creating I mean. Because for the simple reason you can't give away what is not yours.
But, if you are the creator you can do what you want with you created content, word wide. No problems with licenses, no copyright problems, no problem with governments with strict regulation. Columbus egg.

But those creators must also get the credits. It is impossible the creators are the lowest of the lowest in the future. It is impossible people who have never created anything determine the direction in this process and have the acces to the power and the money. And that is going to change in the future, lady's and gentleman.

Thank you for your attention.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:34 am

Sancho Panza wrote:And I like charming woman, old man like smiling young lady's.

Good to see that WS is the vanguard of feminism in the wake of Vig's Thought Crime...

RfB

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:41 am

It is clear you haven't listen to what Katherine had to say. She said what wikipedia made so interesting is people with a total different vision find a consensus.

And feminism is not something dirty. I am not talking about people who label there own unique crazy gender vision to feminism, often called by me gender bitches. That's is not feminism, Timmy. That is just insane. A moslim with a bomb doesn't represent the main stream of moslims, that's about the same. And I think Katherine and I are about on the same line, see the episode about Formula 1 in the video. And the fact both Katherine and I prefer to fuck with woman doesn't make her less a woman. She doesn't become a man because of that! Come on Timmy, use your brains, it is 2019!

I myself am maybe a bit more a womanist than the mainstream of feminists. I believe absolute in the difference between the sexes but also in absolute equality of the sexes. I think my vision is more feet on the ground than from many feminists. But he, why may I not be who I am? And what Katherine said was absolute not about feminism. It was not about woman. It was about the future of Wikipedia, and there had not been any different if what she told was told by a woman or a man, Tim.

You mis the point and the background of the message complete. There is a transition needed from copying to creating and the power and the money must be in the hands of that creators and not in the hands of a bunch of self-proclaimed wiki policemen and free loaders because that approach has not any future. Otherwise Wikipedia can never reach the goals they want to reach in 2030. Wikipedia will disappear otherwise in the sae.

Has nothing to do with feminism, Timmy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 pm

:lol:
To be honest, it's hard for someone like me to criticize her for not wanting to waste her time contributing to actual Wikimedia wikis.
All you've just done there, is highlight which one of you looks worse for not having spent any significant time in the projects.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am

Osborne wrote:
Response from Katherine

Poet Wrote:
That is scarcely a response. It doesn't exactly answer any of the points.

Quote Katherine:
Hi all,

Just a quick note that I was invited to Wikiconvention on Friday 9 August by Wikimedia France. On Monday 12 August (delayed by travel to Wikimania!) I sent a note expressing my regrets, as I had a family wedding to attend during that same weekend as the Convention. I also asked at the same time to be notified as soon as the 2020 Tunis dates were confirmed, so that I or other members of the Foundation's leadership team are able to plan to attend (and I have already put those dates in my calendar).

Unfortunately, as all volunteers know, sometimes personal/family commitments do preclude travel. I similarly cannot attend the CEE Conference due to a personal commitment this year. Sometimes there are also scheduling conflicts: This year the German-speaking WikiCon gathering is the same weekend as WikiArabia, and WikiCon North America is the same weekend as WikiIndaba. This means there's always going to be a sense of missing something important!

I would also agree with what Leila shared. I was very appreciative to be invited to Wikiconvention, WikiArabia, and WikiIndaba this year. But I want to respect that not every community feels that it is the place of the Foundation's ED to participate or speak at their events, and that's totally fine. I don't think people always need to hear from me, but I am always very happy to support any event in which I am invited!

Katherine

All excuses and excuses, smoezen en uitvluchten. :?
She was simple scared as hell for that French gender chick, that French chair woman what hit Romaine so badly with the flagpole of his pirate flag because he stood to close to her and talked to loud. :roll:

She was just thinking, o lord, stay away there before Trolling& Sucking booth me out too! :mrgreen:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am

Real world scheduling conflicts?

Wanting to speak only where she is welcome and invited?

Yup, definitely not a rank and file Wikipedian.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 am

She's nothing more than a Con artist posing as a CEO. Eventually people are going to see her for what she is...nothing!
#BbbGate