Katherine Maher - is she just a smiler?

For WMF employee / slave nonsense, developer hijinks, and MediaWiki and related software screw-ups.
Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Katherine Maher - is she just a smiler?

Post by Kumioko » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:24 am

Graaf Statler wrote:
Kumioko wrote:She hired a Chief of Staff with a track record of sexual harassment, covering up instances of sexual harassment and intimidation and retaliation for people who speak up about it.

I truly believe that hiring this loser is going to blow up in her face...big time!

Can you give a relabel source of this serious accusations? I mean, not all kind of gossip but a court judgment?

Ryan Merkley was the CEO of Creative Commons where he fostered a culture of sexual harassment, and when people complained about it, he fired them all.

Here are some refs:
* https://twitter.com/billymeinke/status/1045339362475397120
* https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSGmuq6ri9Hbmr66HfJtniAqFLVEAdBJMgvQmocsmNGU0lthiJOBRnPqI9VzOOyG1FnBjfpwKt3A9cO/pub
* https://billymeinke.com/2018/09/24/toxic-leadership/
#BbbGate

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:00 am

OK, Kum.
We, the undersigned, urge the Board of Directors of Creative Commons to fully investigate the allegations of suppression and the enabling of harassment described in the blog post published on September 24, 2018 by Billy Meinke.

Understandeble. But what I am missing is the outcome of that investigation. Investigation, is your simple mind not able to understand what that is? And do you really bekieve Katherine didn't ask for that outcome and has read it before she hired him?
What do you suggest? Katherine the woman abuser protector? Does that sound realistic in your ears?

So what for the hell of gaslighted bloody shit are you pooping here out? And why should we tolerated this?

Because this is complete unacceptable, also in the direction of mister Ryan Merkley. I myself think mister Ryan Merkley is a very interesting and capable person and the right person on the right place if I read his CV. And he is for sure complete free of any blame.

Why this shit, Kum, why pooping this shit here, and do you still not understand yourself why you are SanFanBanned?

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:21 pm

He was in charge and the board are probably on his side. Clearly if there ever was an investigation, it came out negative because he was still working there.

Maybe she read it, I don't know. But I really don't have any faith or trust in her abilities anyway. Shes a great donations manager but a lousy leader, executive director and CEO.
#BbbGate

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:31 pm

probably, But I really don't have any faith or trust in her abilities anyway.
Clearly if there ever was an investigation, it came out negative because he was still working there.

It's all hifting sands, Kum.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:52 pm

As replay on Crow his posting the Kumioko Problem
Kum wrote:She hired a Chief of Staff with a track record of sexual harassment, covering up instances of sexual harassment and intimidation and retaliation for people who speak up about it.

I truly believe that hiring this loser is going to blow up in her face...big time!

We can't afford us such posts as Kum made in this topic. It undermines our dependability as a critical site. We cannot allow this kind of attacks on the reliability of Mr. and Katherine based on nothing, Kum has to understand that. And if not, sorry, this is not his place and he has to leave.

(Why am I using here Mr. Ryan Merkley and Katherine? Because she is a woman? In no way! If Katherine had been the total stranger I had said Madam Maher. But I know she doesn't mind if you say Katherine to her.:mrgreen: )

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 pm

There is more than enough evidence to show these allegations have merit. I posted several and there are several others as well. The more you look, the more you'll find.

This is just another in a long line of poor hiring choices by the WMF.
- Hiring unqualified admins to positions of influence because they needed a job
- hiring an unqualified ED and then having to pay the outgoing ED double to stay to teach the new one the job
- Hiring this fool
- Using child and what amounts to slave labor as "volunteers" in order to make a profit
- Hiring a CFO with a record of bouncing checks
- etc.

It's a pattern with them.
#BbbGate

Daniel Brandt
Sucks

Katherine Maher's dark side

Post by Daniel Brandt » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 am

https://www.audacitymagazine.org/the-zi ... -old-world

"Katherine Maher will finish next month [April 2021] as Wikipedia's 7-year Chief Communications Officer. She is a member of the Open Technology Fund (OPT) advisory board. The OPT is a technology arm of Radio Free Asia that the New York Times called a "worldwide propaganda network built by the CIA." Maher has also worked for the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Orwellian-named National Endowment for Democracy (NED). Both organizations finance regime-change worldwide."

NOTE: There are many citations under "National Endowment for Democracy" in NameBase, dating back to the the NED Annual Report of 1985, which I indexed in NameBase.

Maher is also described on this page, which will give you an idea of the company she keeps: https://www.ned.org/events/governments- ... urnalists/

On the other hand, she wasn't invited to Richard Branson's private island, where Jimbo was able to hang out with Tony Blair, the former PM of Britain who helped the U.S. keep the world safe for democracy through the use of abduction and torture.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Katherine Maher's dark side

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:11 pm

Daniel Brandt wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 am
Maher is also described on this page, which will give you an idea of the company she keeps: https://www.ned.org/events/governments- ... urnalists/
Still don't understand why someone with this background wound end up running the WMF, which is anything but "pro-democracy" and "CIA friendly". Wondering if she spent 10 years penetrating the Jimbo Nut Patrol, and eventually realized it was ungovernable and too unstable to manipulate.

If part of her job was to demonize Julian Assange on WP, she failed very badly. It's still a glowing tribute to the "evil leaker" and still being edited by a mishmash of notoriously crazy editors. (Including Alarics, remember him? Plus the top two editors, Jack Upland and Gregcaletta, could not be more obvious Australian left-wing extremists.) Maybe the "agency" ordered Katherine to go and do something more "productive"?
On the other hand, she wasn't invited to Richard Branson's private island, where Jimbo was able to hang out with Tony Blair, the former PM of Britain who helped the U.S. keep the world safe for democracy through the use of abduction and torture.
True without question. Blair cheerfully gave the CIA and US military "seekret permission" to use Diego Garcia as a "seekret prison and we're not torturing these Muslims" island paradise. They are probably still doing bad things on Diego Garcia, which you unfortunately have to read about in Jimbo's favorite dead-tree publication.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ter-damage

Daniel Brandt
Sucks

Post by Daniel Brandt » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:52 pm

Much more information on Katherine Maher:

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/06/11/meet ... ative-ceo/

"The figure that deserves the most scrutiny at the Wikimedia Foundation, however, is its executive director Katherine Maher, who is closely linked to the US regime-change network."

Now I'm wondering if SlimVirgin got her marching orders from Wales and Maher to trash me. I'm more interested than before to locate Slim's husband, living in Saskatoon somewhere, to see if he knows anything. See the SlimVirgin thread for more on him.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:49 am

Have you seen Max Blumenthal's WP article? He is a prominent journalist, without question. Yet a succession of editors, including some infamous WP pro-Israel cranks, have fought over his article like mad dogs for the past two years. And it's completely pwned by Philip Cross, a name you may remember from old AN/I squabbles.

Blumenthal is an occasional critic of Israel. Which of course makes him A MAJOR TARGET for wiki-nits.

His article is literally longer than that of his father, a much more prominent journalist and a former Clinton official. Something wrong here.

The book wiki has a long article about Cross's charming activities.....yes, SlimVirgin protected him occasionally.