K Maher and CFR

For WMF employee / slave nonsense, developer hijinks, and MediaWiki and related software screw-ups.
wexter
Sucks Warrior

K Maher and CFR

Post by wexter » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 am

I think many of the editors and administrators of Wikipedia lack the critical thinking acumen to understand that they are dedicating their efforts to the Global-Nomenklatura. A divergence in value systems may exist between the participants in Wikipedia and their overlords running the Wikimedia Foundation.

The CEO of the Wikimedia Foundation found her start at the Council of Foreign Relations as an intern. To me the CFR is not nefarious, it works as an "organ" and/or forum of/for Domestic and International Governance. Chris Hedges talks frequently about the works of Sheldon S. Wolin who coined the terms Managed Democracy and Inverted Totalitarianism. I would say the CFR participates in our hard to identify system of Global Governance.

People of established influence rub shoulders at the CFR and Davos to discuss issues that will effect everyone because they are thinking about issues, problems, and strategies. "The CFR includes government officials, activists, scholars, business leaders, journalists, and professionals from corporations and nonprofit groups. Members of the council interact directly with high government officials, academic experts, and policy makers in CFR-sponsored panel discussions, workshops, symposia, town halls, and other fora." The connection to the CFR is fully disclosed but the implications of this connection are not considered. Its not at all ironic to me that the 12,000 or so main contributors at Wikipedia are unconcerned or unaware that they are working to the interests of big business and governance-effect of of the CFR (and its intertwined network of people, Nomenklatura).

The internal culture of Wikipedia aligns with the social justice of its board member Maria Sefidari. Sefidari plays her role as a proxy for Wikipedia participants by giving them a voice at the table. In the background and in fact, the external culture of Wikipedia aligns closely with the values and objectives of the Global-Nomenklatura.

Wikipedia is grounded in the reality that it represents the establishment, big business, and the big business of governance. Wikipedia has 12000 core participants who are so distracted in a life-time draining cult they are totally numb to the fact they are being managed to objective by the corporate power elite.

Instead of looking at Wikipedia's details and players, look to the overview. Bring people to the connections.
It is not laudable to participate in Wikipedia you are doing everyone including yourself a disservice.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: K Maher and CFR

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Obviously you received my "parcel".

Now you know many things; details even those 12,000 cult members are not aware of. The people who REALLY control the WMF aren't WMF employees, or even paid (at least not by the WMF)--and I'd say there are maybe 600 of them out of the 12,000 with serious control over WP and the other projects. Most of them will scream at you with insane rage if you remind them, to their faces, that their wonderful "people's movement" is being heeled quietly by the usual big-guv/big-business forces.

I would call that a "cult".

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Re: K Maher and CFR

Post by wexter » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:36 am

What is not to like;

A business where your employees work for free
A business that does not pay taxes
A business without regulation
A business without oversight or internal standards
A business that exempts itself from legal consequences
A business with a nice PR image