Beeblebrox gloats to his Wikipediocracy chums about his anti-encyclopedic mindset

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox gloats to his Wikipediocracy chums about his anti-encyclopedic mindset

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:41 am

What an arse.
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 44#p288459
I've upset a few people with my loud declarations of "nobody cares" in the "small horizontal line punctuation mark wars" of old. Someone got really bent out of shape when I posted an actual photograph of a dead horse in one discussion. Good times.
Nobody cares?

Does this fuckstick even realise he is a volunteer on an ENCYCLOPEDIA?

Because we know from this and his many other uses of the dead horse meme, just how much of the important business of writing an encyclopedia bores the shit out of him.

It is a small thing, yes, but it says everything about Wikipedia's aimed for pseudo-professionalism if they can't even settle on one single house style for a simple thing like a dash.

Does this knobhead have a single example of any other encyclopedia, or any other reference work at all, that doesn't know the difference between a dash and a hyphen? A publisher that doesn't have a settled view on this, even if it's only to say, well, those Harvard guys seem to know what they're doing, we'll follow their style manual.

And if you're sitting there thinking, well, I don't either, congratulations, you're the sort of dumb bastard that Wikipedia is looking for to fulfill the role of "editor". You can pick up your welcome pack at their recruiting office, Wikipediocracy. Speak to a pasty white dude by the name of Beeblebrox.

The irony of a member of the very Committe whose whole entire "hey, don't look at us, we don't settle content disputes" posture is the whole reason why these intractable content disputes never get resolved until people have literally gone insane, so that one side can be declared the victor by default, simply by virtue of the other side getting banned for smearing shit all over the walls.

Wikipedia is a deeply unprofessional place, where simple issues like dashes are bound to escalate into insane site wide wars. If you're looking for reasons why that is, why they would rather do that than actually finish writing the articles perhaps, a good start is to look at what sort of ignorant arrogant asshole they elect to their highest offices to send out the leadership signals on what is and is not important.

This is why Wikipedia's resident grammatarian SMCandlish tries, and inevitably fails, every year, to get elected to high Wikipedia office. That, and the fact he could totally stick it to the trans people if he were to obtain a seat on the golden council. Fucking hates the trans people, that dude. Probably the first and only example of grammar induced bigotry. And naturally, Wikipedia was the genesis.

Beeblebrox has blood on his hands for that too.