Beeblebrox is totally fine with the Foundation being hands off with the content

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox is totally fine with the Foundation being hands off with the content

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:18 am

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p291164
Beeblebrox wrote:
It seems that the foundation has little interest in monitoring the content of Non-English Wikipedia editions.
Fixed that for you. The Foundation is very hands-off with content, and that is not a bad thing.
Not exactly a surprise that he think that way. If people like Beeblebrox couldn't be trusted to monitor content, well, the Wikipedia model doesn't work, does it? Which it doesn't. Marek Kukula is a threat to children. Except according to Wikipedia, he is not.

Of course, other than Beeblebrox polluting the thread with his passing throwaway RAH RAH WIKIPEDIA IS MAGIC propaganda comment, he evidently had absolutley nothing to say about the actual issue that had been raised. Namely that the Foundation not only does very little to interfere with content, it DIDN'T EVEN KNOW that on the Japanese Wikipedia, the community is engaged in widespeard historical revisionism.

Being hands off is one thing, but surely in their million dollar budget, they can spare some cash for a Japanese reader to produce a monthly report on the broad goings on at the Japanese Wikipedia? If only to inform of looming scandals and legal issues. After all, why would the South Korean Government want this sort of garbage to be freely available in their country?

If the Wikipediocracy forum Admin Midsize Jake wasn't such a sell out, if he didn't want Wikipediocracy to simply be a mouthpiece for Wikipedia asshats like Beeblebrox, he could be asked this sort of follow up question. I would ask him. Which would hopefully persuade him, in the event he hasn't got anything useful to contribute as an insider, to, y'know, fuck off back to Wikipedia where he belongs.

Oh well.

I guess the world's media will somehow benefit from his preferred input instead......
Midsize Jake wrote:I was gonna say, I actually think deleting all the various Wikipedias except for the Esperanto Wikipedia, and then just having everybody concentrate solely on that one from now on, would be a great idea.
It's a joke, see. You're meant to laugh, I think. That's your Sunday morning entertainment sorted.

Good job Jake. Well done Jake.

:roll:

Not that the OP will be told, but his vision of a universal Wikipedia is already underway. It's called Abstract Wikipedia. It won't get anywhere of course, because it is an initiative of the Foundation aimed at addressing strategic goals, such as the fact the smaller Wikipedia's lag far behind Wikipedia in coverage and editor numbers. Which leads toooooo........problems like historical revisionism.

Without the support of the volunteers, English speaking volunteers (and what does a wanker like Beeblebrox care about the Japanese Wikipedia containing revisionism, clearly not a lot, chiefly because he has no power over Japanese Wikipedia) the Abtract Wikipedia project won't get anywhere.

Small Wikipedias are distorted more easily than larger ones. Especially if they look at things like source depreciation, being done by their bigger brother, and realise the enormous potential they have for helping a biased community achieve their content objectives.

Wikipediocracy doesn't care about that. It certainly doesn't interest Beeblebrox.