Beeblebrox uses Wikipediocracy to troll an ArbCom appellant

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox uses Wikipediocracy to troll an ArbCom appellant

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:15 pm

This is a weird thread.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 16&t=11889

As far as I can tell, "IHateAccounts" was subject to a dodgy sock block by ArbCom member Guerillo, got mad, and tried to appeal to ArbCom, who by the sounds of it, either did nothing at all, or rubber stamped the block and told them to come back in six months.

About the same time, IHA starts getting a series of abusive emails from a throwaway account, really awful stuff, and their taunting was specific about their arbcom troubles. IHA is convinced these can only have been from either Trust and Safety, ArbCom, or a tiny handful of people on Discord (I.e., Wikipedia insiders).

Whoever it was, went to some effort to cover their tracks, and the level of hatred suggests they are someone who has strong feelings over the block. Perhaps because their judgement was openly questioned by trusted insiders as a result, which appears to have been the case. The block definitely doesn't seem to be based on solid, inarguable evidence.

It has been suggested their email address was easily guessed, but IHA makes a convincing case that some random troll couldn't be behind them, because he hadn't publicly said he was appealing, and indeed, one of the emails directly quotes a line from one of his emails to ArbCom.

As all this is being discussed on Wikipediocracy, randomly, up pops Beeblebrox, sating he would like to talk about IHAs response to ArbCom's appeal decline, and then disappears for a while. Eventually, Gorilla Warfare confirms that the troll could have guessed it theory, based on her knowing what the target email address is, which IHA explains is implausible. And then, and only then, does Beeblebrox pop up again, saying Ah ha! This is what my issue was with you, sonny boy. Then IHA reposts the abusive emails.

Finally, Beeblebrox admits what his interest is in the affair......
I'm not sure that's all of them, I don't see the directed personal attacks on specific arbs or the threats of legal action.

But you get the idea. After their appeal was denied we got a series of emails which simply stated as a fact that arbcom was sending them these awful emails, that we all hate queer people, that we are literally nazis, and that IHA was suing us.

And we were expected to do... what? apologize for things we didn't do and admit to being queerbashing nazis?

Ignoring it seemed a better option. I don't know if IHA is SkepticsAnonymous, but as I indicated before, it doesn't matter anymore. What I am quite certain of is that I don't buy the "innocent babe-in-the-woods who was cruelly attacked just for being themselves" routine at all.
He has gone on to say that IHA is lying about the one piece of this puzzle that suggests that these emails definitely came from someone with access to the emails he was sending ArbCom.

Me personally, if it isn't Guerrillo himself, I'm inclined to believe Beeblebrox is the anonymous email abuser, based simply on his character. And the opportunity to further troll people like IHA via Wikipediocracy, knowing this is often where wrongly blocked editors wash up, is probably one of the things that attracted him to the forum. And the entertainment value of such, for his other resident trolls, being what makes Midsize Jake roll put the red carpet for him. Good business, this sort of taunting and mockery, as they have admitted before.

Even if Beeblebrox isn't the email abuser, it's bad enough that he wants people to believe he knows FOR SURE that they couldn't possibly have come from anyone on the Committee.

How does he know?

Why would anyone take his word for it?

If they want people to believe being a member of ArbCom suddenly transforms them into persons of unimpeachable character, then they could start by removing Beeblebrox. Because he has done more than enough in his short time at Wikipediocracy, to show he lacks even the basic qualities that would be required of a person with appeal responsibility in real life.

This incident is literally an example of him being indiscrete in discussing specific Arb business that he might in future have a direct role in. Something he was literally warned about by the unofficial head of the Committee, NewYorkBrad. Beeblebrox thinks that just because he hasn't spilled any specific details, or violated any confidences, he is covered.

Brad would disagree, based on what I have quoted above, obviously. If he wants to keep his reputation as a lawyer. Not that he will ever say publicly. Code of silence, and all that. The golden rule of Wikipedia - never ever admit you sanctioned one of your own, as a result of the diligent overwatch of the Darkest Knight. But sanction them you must, or, to take the example of Bbb23, you know you risk consequences that you really really don't want. Unwanted attention on the workings of a cult.

Isn't that right, you sketchy bastards?

In short, Beeblebrox has a big mouth, he has strong feelings over the reputation of ArbCom (albeit probably only because he is on it), and he generally doesn't like people who stand up for themselves in the face of his presumed Authoritah, if he sees it as obnoxious or even fraudulent.

Given that, it's for him to prove he isn't the email abuser, frankly. And if he can, to prove beyond doubt it wasn't one of his colleagues either. And before he suggests that is impossible, he needs to realise, it is not. Especially not when he has had to identify himself to the Foundation as a condition of being an Arb. I'll take Trust and Safety's word that he has cleared himself, and others. And I'll enjoy knowing they might not do so, just to protect one of their own.

It comes to something when Boing! has to float the idea that it's more likely that ArbCom's email has been hacked, than one of them is the abuser. Although to be fair, they have been hacked before. Which often happens as a result of someone being indiscrete.

Crucial to this affair, would be the necessity of ArbCom keeping proper records of all their correspondence. And so it is perhaps not a coincidence that a certain Beeblebrox recently, off his own back, decided to start auditing their old case files, to see if there was anything that could be deleted.

I wonder if anyone thought to require him to get a second sign off, before he deletes anything that pertains to him, or to an issue he has gobbed off about on Wikipediocracy, such as making claims that a person has sent emails to the Committee of a legal threat nature, potentially as a result of he himself sending abusive emails, that he then goes on to argue, on Wikipediocracy and perhaps later on Wikipedia too, constitute a reason to decline their appeal.

Because this appears to have been what this is all about, for him, if we assume Beeblebrox isn't the email abuser. Making IHA say or do something that would make his original case of a bad block, moot. And as we know, Beeblebrox stands ready and willing to transport anything he reads on Wikipediocracy, directly into the Star Chamber, if there is an action he wishes his colleagues to take.

Oh dear. What a pickle, eh? :lol:

Maybe time for some genuinely robust and transparent governance systems, eh? Clear boundaries and codes of conduct, for advanced users like Beeblebrox. With genuinely independent oversight.

Something that would befit the governance system of a website that is the main, if not the only, tangible product of a million dollar charity.

Nah, didn't think so.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Beeblebrox uses Wikipediocracy to troll an ArbCom appellant

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:04 am

Beeblebrox is a longtime loser.wjo should have have been desysopped a long time ago.
#BbbGate