Beeblebrox takes it up the bum from everyone's favourite Latin lover, Giano

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox takes it up the bum from everyone's favourite Latin lover, Giano

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:14 am

A little light relief. Always a pleasure when you see one of the worst actors on Wikipedia, momentarily forget that the rule is, Giano is better than all of you.

So said Queen Bishonen. And if her word wasn't law, well, she would not be Queen, would she?

I mean, seriously, who on Wikipedia these days is daft enough to even bother reporting Giano to AN/I, even when you have a cast iron example of him being a trolling piece of shit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... n_trolling

The report was a little verbose, when he really could have just said, Giano just trolled me, and has reverted my removal of said trolling, without explanation. Beeblebrox was obviously thinking he should add as much detail as he could, and write about his feelings and shit, so that people would feel compelled to act. Rookie mistake

Giano probably already knew he had won when Beeblebrox was stupid enough to give him the satisfaction of removing it himself, showing it had got under his skin, which was, of course, what Giano was aiming for. Trolls be trolling. This is why I find it so odd people think me a troll.

I'm writing this post for no other reason than my own pleasure, and to highlight an ongoing flaw of Wikipedia. I don't need or require Beeblebrox to respond. It is enough for me to know that he's probably read it, has probably cried, but has been told by his sad little emotional support group at Wikipediocracy not to respond to the Big Bad Wolf.

Anyway, enough of the self indulgence, back to business. This Wikipedia won't criticise itself you know! And Lord knows, it's a little too complex an issue for the dullards of Wikipediocracy to be able to break down and turn into a white hot stream of molten metal.

Unsurprisingly, while the community is perfectly fine with calling a troll a troll, Giano was of course, let off Scot free. No apologies, warning or blocks. Not even a comment on the way Giano was so mean to poor little Beebs by further insulting his manhood when Beebs issued his mandatory AN/I notification.....
Oh really Beeblebrox, you are becoming uber sensitive in your old age. If the curators (the name is hardly a secret amongst those who know these things) of one of the world’s finest museums of the Decorative Arts want to edit Wikipedia and upload wonderful images etc, let us celebrate it, not weigh them down with silly bureaucracy. I’m sure you’re not really a tiresome Jobsworth, are you? Giano (talk) 20:00, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
Ouch. It will have hurt because Beeblebrox is qute obviously an older white man, who is nothing if not wedded to the idea that being a Wikipedia Administrator is his job. In particular, his clear and obvious attitude that those who have not attained his rank, are beneath him. A sad delusion that leads to, and is then cruelly punctured by, incidents like this. Giano is not and never could be a Wikipedia Administrator, much less a wigged and robed Arbitrator.

Needless to say, the supplicants of Wikipediocracy rarely take the opportunity to disabuse him of this notion, not even when he is being a right fucking fanny. Hence why they're too scared to even talk about an incident like this, lest it upset him. Can't have that, upsetting valued members of the Wikipedia senior editors club house. Rules is rules, eh Tarantino? Gotta keep the vibe just right. Sellout, with a hint of creepy.

Frankly, you know you have made it on Wikipedia, when you can troll one of their big beast Admins, and you can get away reverting their revert of it, and have that revert stand, and you can even rub it in when they report it, and nothing happens. Nothing bad anyway, Giano having presumably much enjoyed the fruits of his trollery greatly.

Nobody even removes the original offence again, undoing Giano's improper revert, knowing as they probably do that if Giano's friends realised someone was trying to draw Giano into an edit warring block, something easily done with these Latin types, as a proxy for being unable to block him for the trolling offence, they would leap in and help him.

Bishonen herself may have even swooped down and defended Giano's free speech rights, as she famously did when she defeated Jimmy Wales himself over her right to call one of Giano's enemies a "little shit" and tell them to "shoo". I guess now it's not looking such a great idea to have let her win, eh Beebs? Fucked yourself there, just a bit, eh? Power went right to her head after that, no? Not that she was all that into this whole concept of consensus to begin with, except when it supports her. CIVIL and ADMIN having the status of policy.

Naturally, she wouldn't have made it look like she was doing anything as bad as joining an edit war to support a troll, she'd have done something like declare that it was silly to be fighting over such a trivial issue (as long as everyone stopped fighting precisely at the time when Giano had the upper hand).

Giano's friends are nothing if not loyal. They'd have frankly done anything to make sure Giano got the satisfaction of not only facing no action, but could know that his trolling was left in place, forever more. Wikipedia being all about getting that win.

It is at times like this, and only at times like this of course, when, for example, you will see a big beast Admin say something like this......
I think it's unfortunate that our first response to being trolled is to do anything except nothing at all. So I guess we're all going to be unsatisfied today. --Jayron32 17:41, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
Don't get me wrong, it's a fine sentiment, and an argument can be made that Wikipedia would perhaps be better off if they did react this way. But as we all know, when the troll is not one of the Unblockables, or a Vested Contributor more broadly, well, they sure as shit do like to feed the trolls.

After all, what's more gratifying to a troll, than to get a Wikipedia Administrator so worked up, they have to push the button marked block, and acknowledge the reason they did so was because "troll". Lest anyone forget, there's nothing in the Wikipedia rules that says you have to call a troll a troll. You can be mature and indeed CIVIL and simply say, I have just blocked a disruptive user. But no, for some reason, and I think we know why, the average Wikipedia Administrator just has to get that last final insult in. The. Last. Word.

One can only imagine how many times Beeblebrox and Jayron and the rest, have uttered the immortal words, to quote their colleague Zzuuzz, "do one, troll", as they block someone. Hardly effective, if the goal is exclusion and persuasion of the ineffectiveness of a return, being a pretty silly thing to say to an actual troll, or indeed anyone who is mad at you and has demonstrated the ease with which they can circumvent a Wikipedia block.

As it was, Giano's defenders really didn't need to do anything to help him here, other than to make that absurd claim that "do not feed the trolls" is their normal modus operandi, so cemented into Wikipedia is Giano's status as an untouchable.

So far, so Wikipedia. Tuesday. Albeit overt displays of Giano exceptionalism are getting rarer, to the point he perhaps only did this because he wanted to remind people he is still around, still all powerful. That this is still his Wikipedia, not Jess Wade's. Fuck that bitch, will be his charming reaction, if a miracle happens and she suddenly develops an interest in writing at a Featured level in the topic of architecture.

In reality, neither deserve it, they're both equally undeserving of the power to instantly publish "knowledge". An always hostile editor is just as bad as an only occasionally nasty editor. The truth is, their true characters are very similar. Perhaps the difference in how often they express it on Wikipedia, really is only down to their gender.

So, a Tuesday. But it is always fun to remind people, they're still this stupid, they still approach the important task of applying and being seen to apply the rules equally, in this way. The opposite way. They openly acknowledge it is one rule for Giano, another for those not called Giano. Like they aren't the ones with all the power to change that.

So much for consensus. So much for policy. So much for "this user is an Administrator" being a sign you can trust that user to put the interests of Wikipedia above all others.

Even after twenty years. Stupid is as stupid does. They still think people with talent and skill, especially women, are going to see stuff like this, and think to themselves, gee, I really must join this volunteer project, everyone looks so smart and sensible and mature.

But there was more, lots more to laugh at, in this incident. Beeblebrox had said something pretty stupid in his opening report, almost as if he was trying a little too hard to say something that probably nobody really believed.....
Somebody please deal with this as you see fit, I probably won't comment on it again as Giano doesn't merit that much of my time. He doesn't like me and thinks I suck as an admin. That's fine, this isn't a popularity contest and I already am well aware of his opinion and don't need to be trolled over it. 
Rather obviously, the way you show you're really not fine with someone thinking you suck, is to react to their trolling.

But to try and suggest that you're the person here who is capable of not treating this as if it were a popularity contest, that you can live with him thinking you suck, whatever the outcome, well, you're only setting yourself up for a fall, if in reality, you're the sort of fragile precious loser that not only can't resist the urge to comment some more, they do so in an extremely pathetic, whiny, bitchy and frankly dishonest way......
It doesn't hurt my feelings or anything that he doesn't care for me, the feeling is mutual for sure, my concern is more that he may harass someone who actually does care what he has to say. However, it is clear that the broader community is willing to turn a blind eye to over a decade of outright trolling, so I've used the "mute this user" function so he cannot ping or email me anymore. I don't like to do that, being an admin I prefer to be open to communication about my actions, but Giano doesn't communicate with me, just spews petty insults, so no big loss. Normally we ban trolls but I guess this one gets a free pass simply because he's been here so long. Beeblebrox (talk) 18:08, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
How pathetic.

Where to start. Well, it's hilarious to note Beeblebrox led the charge against the Foundation when they tried, and failed, to get charges of harassment to stick against Fram. And so they are still out there, doing what they do, and getting away with calling it curation of an encyclopedia, rather than bullying and stalking.

How ironic then, that Beeblebrox should find himself in a situation where he has to avail himself of the tools the Foundation were asked, nay begged, to create, since the local community, led by the inspirational leadership of NewYorkBrad et al, had shown itself totally unwilling to effectively deal with the problem of users like Giano, people who, through doing nothing more complex than being a Wikipedia editor (seriously people, it's not like it's hard, you can't get a certificate in Wikipedia, for the same reason you can't get a certificate in Lego. Well, you can, but I think you get my point.....), earn some kind of permanent immunity against their Don't Be An Asshole rule.

I mean, come on, what community does Beeblebrox think he has been a part of, a willing and enabling part of, as an Administrator, for the last ten years, than the one where the standard response to any kind of post like this, would be to be told to just grow a thicker skin.

I mean, let's not pretend like a big reason his turning on the waterworks got no real responses is that people just don't believe Beeblebrox when he claims serious emotional trauma here. But even to those for whom Giano's patented brand of vicious is effective and deeply hurtful, the answer of the community and their Admin representatives is always the same - if you can't handle the heat, go find another hobby.

There is a price to be paid for deprecating WP:CIVIL, and this was always going to be it. Beeblebrox, whether your complaint was genuine or a sad little game, either way, your dispute is with Bishonen. She runs the place now. She is the reason why WP:CIVIL only applies to the little people. She is the reason why even someone who thought they were powerful and influential, when they are measured against a Giano, can be told to do one at AN/I.

You should have backed Jimmy. You should have backed the Foundation. They all saw it, and they all tried to stop it.

This is the reality of self governance in action. When you are part of the self governance, and things don't get governed the way you would like, well, who have you got to blame, but yourself?

You obviously failed, somewhere. You're obviously not as good at this self governing as you thought. Perhaps it is because the central flaw of Wikipedia, is that RfA doesn't really effectively weed out those who lack the required moral fibre to be an Administrator. Or are just plain cowards, truth be told.

So what if blocking Giano is pointless? Given his record, an indefinite block here would have been perfectly valid. So much so, you could have applied it yourself. All you need, is the guts to do it. Requiring him to accept what he did was trolling, and promise to not only not revert it but not do something like that again as a condition of being unlocked, is how Wikipedia is supposed to work.

And if he doesn't like it and chooses to leave, that is his choice.

I have that I right, do I not? Your policy does still allow for trolls to be blocked, right? When they are persistent and unrepentant, and there is consensus that what they did, was infact, trolling? Giano's undoubted exemption from this policy is still only an unwritten rule, right?

And when fifty perfectly valid blocks of Giano have been undone, maybe then the problem can be addressed at the highest level as an intractable dispute, and either Giano's exemption from the rules can be codified, or his enablers can be demoted from the ranks of Administrator.

Too simple? Too much like a brave stand for what is right? Not your cup of tea, Mr. Member of the Wikipedia Arbitration Committee? The nominal bosses of Bishonen and whoever else might undo such a block for invalid reasons?

I quite understand. The world is what it is, because it all too easy to get elected on false promises. Although I guess it was worded in just such a way.....
 I believe my record speaks for itself, although I have a low tolerance for disruption of the project, I also endeavor to remember, and remind others, that we are dealing with real people here, whether we are patrolling their very first edit or deciding whether to ban them or not, we have to remember that.
....as to leave it uncertain whether you were the man to vote for, if people were just fucking sick of people like Giano getting away with it.

It being quite common for Giano's defenders to claim that when he's being a trolldickbastard, that's just his humanity showing. He just cares too much, see. All that Latin blood, I guess. Not something you Americans can understand, as he so often says. No insight. No appreciation of beauty. Of a beautifilly flawed human.

Even though there Is proof enough that being a flawed genius is not a requirement to produce Feature quality work. Hundreds of writers there, many Europeans, that have never been blocked once. Albeit in ever decreasing numbers, because, well, all that fucking noise from Giano's office down the hall, I guess? And the embarrassed shuffling of feet when you have to admit that yes, you do work in the same place, as that Giano fella.

When RexxS stood to be an Admin, what did you say?
If you want to run again in the future because you actually want to be an admin I expect I'd be in the support camp
Your objection was procedural only. You failed to spot the reason Bishonen wanted one of her most loyal lieutenants, one of Giano's greatest friends, in a position where he could more effectively assist in the Fight for Tempestuous Genius over Drab Efficiency, that he would be the sort of Administrator who thinks like they do, when it comes to matters of civility.

This was the inevitable result of people like Dennis Brown being waved through to Admin. Which you did. "Happy to support" this "calm and reasonable" candidate. The man now on hunger strike because he sees complaints like yours as a sign Wikipedia is no longer a shop floor, but an exercise in tone policing, or whatever bullshit he calls it these days.

You could do something about that. As one of the tiny few people on Wikipedia with the power to remind people like Dennis what their role is, and to demote them if they are found to be insufficiently deferential to what are and always have been the consistently posted Principles of the Court, even in your terms. All for show, was it?

To these people, the people who really run Wikipedia if we're honest, a uniform standard of basic respect for others, is secondary to matters of loyalty, friendship, and personal theories of what makes a good editor.

Giano is a born troll, a hateful, spiteful, vicious little shit, but he is also seen as a valuable Wikipedia editor by Bishonen and the dear departed RexxS (who we can all now see, and people like us saw beforehand, was not possessing of the right moral character to be an admin, and so anyone who was minded to see him be one, was kind of an idiot).

That was the real price to be paid for deprecating WP:CIVIL. People like those plucked for greatness by the Queen herself, well, they have to be really bad, and more than once, before anyone even does a minor thing like demote them back to ordinary editor. You're lucky RexxS stormed off in a huff on receipt of that slap on the wrist (so much for him being all about the content, RIGHT?), because you can be sure he would have been right there in that report, seeking to do battle with you, in defence of Giano. And with Bishonen hovering over them all, her protective bat wings outstretched, you'd have been able to do nothing. NOTHING. Not that you managed to do anything anyway.

Not even you, a Wikipedia Arbitrator. How ironic that the reason Bishonen has always had contempt for ArbCom, is that sometimes they comprise hardliners on civility, and have the power to do something about the Gianos of Wikipedia. And even their protectors should they make a tactical error, like a more obvious INVOLVED block. But the delicious irony here is, you were voted in to replace those people, as the fallout from Framgate. A man more likely to bring things back to the status quo.

A little obvious trolling, seen more correctly as you point out, as one egregious incident that is part of a long running interpersonal feud in a clear and obvious violation of WP:BATTLE, really isn't shit on Wikipedia these days. Not seen as a reason to warn someone at all, much less get rid of someone.

Would need a whole Arbitration Case just to try, and while it may succeed if there was the will, Bishonen and her coterie would make sure you all paid for it, in blood. So you choose not to. Would quickly decline any attempt to file, and choose not to file yourself, even though you've got that power. You cower, in fear. You cede the floor to NewYorkBrad, to issue his patented one more last chance.

You confine yourself to pathetic gestures, only even speaking when Giano has done something to you personally. To this utterly pathetic display of hypocritical WHINING. For did I not recently highlight an example of Giano troling in the exact way you said you claim you cared about? I believe I did. Where were you? Off fucking polar bear cubs, amIright?

Wikipedia is medieval. Bishonen made sure of that. You're meant to be afraid of the ones you know have Royal Protection. You're meant to know your place, as even those with significant power in government such as yourself, are of course only meant to exercise their power on the serfs, not the Courtiers.

You fucked up. You should think yourself lucky you didn't suffer any consequences for your impertinence. You were undoubtedly given leniency, since all you did was make noise. Noise is OK, as long as it is entertaining. You did well, Mr Jester.

This is how it is. You are well aware of it, and have to my knowledge, lodged no real objections thus far, much less organised a revolution. Bishonen was the one who objected to the high ideals of Jimmy Wales and his high minded and high functioning community of equals, and instead dragged things back down to the swamp, from whence most of the Wikipedia editors came.

The internet sludge. The usenet troll farms. The freaks. The mentally defective. The Guy Macons. The useless, feckless, unemployable talentless scum. Giano and Wade have talent, if you can call it that, but their hearts are as black as anyone who joins a collaborative movement for selfish, egotistical reasons. And it shows in how they participate. You can see it as well as I. You're just too scared to do anything about it.

The potential hit is seen as too great, these days, to actually enforce civility. The loss of Giano's awesome contribution to content, too severe. The irony being that it is his inability to completely succeed in a wholesale takeover of Wikipedia, and see CIVIL not just drepcated but deleted, that means he has throttled back hugely, and seems content to let most of his articles rot, as some kind of sad and hugely ungrateful protest. Just as Eric Corbett did before him.

Which seems like a good time to remind everyone that the original intent of WP:CIVIL was not to turn Wikipedia into some kind of nanny state or exercise in social justice, as is often claimed even by Wikipedia Administrators. It was written on the very sound basis that kicking out one utter fucking jerk like Giano, would easily attract ten if not a hundred perfectly polite mature adults who possessed the exact same skills and free time and will to contribute as he does.

Because, and I can't stress this enough, editing Wikipedia is not hard. It's not a difficult skill to learn, and the more academic side of Featured level writing is not beyond people with a college education, of whom there are millions in this world.

There are way more people in this world who are interested in and could write about architecture on Wikipedia, than just Giano. They just don't want to. Because he's a massive prick, and who seeks out or indeed persists with a hobby where you're forced to work with massive pricks?

To use the infamous words once uttered about Eric Corbett by one of your ArbCom predecessors, Giano is not and never will be, a Wikipedia editor. Might you have been one of the many who howled protests then? Like that was some kind of heretical statement? But it was true.

A fair statement of Wikipedia's founding principles. Giano's interest in Wikipedia is purely selfish. He doesn't want to work with anyone, truth be told, but if he is forced to, it has to be people who will bow down before his greatness, stroke the ego. Suck dick. That is not what Wikipedia is meant to be about. Ask the women. If you can find any.

Wikipedia is what it is today, a declining project, where fewer and fewer people "steward" larger and larger amounts of material, which inevitably means quality is suffering, and of course means the percentage of that content which is Featured quality has not just stalled at the paltry 0.1%, it's actually declining.

In your own small way, you were a part of that.

So fucking eat it. Or to be more accurate, take it.

Get it right up ya, ya prick.

:lol:

Over to you, brains trust that is Wikipediocracy. Member Emeritus, one Beeblebrox Esquire. The one who puts the "we" in Wikipediocracy.

Got anything useful to add, any insights for the readers?

Nah, I didn't fucking think so. :roll:

Gret job Jake. Way to sell out.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: Beeblebrox takes it up the bum from everyone's favourite Latin lover, Giano

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1036124268
You've made your contempt for me abundantly clear on numerous occasions,so all I'd ask is that you not go out of your way to do so again. Just leave me alone, I do not care what you think, at all. Beeblebrox (talk) 17:01, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
You can hardly believe this is meant to be a Wikipedia Arbitration Committee member.

He looks utterly pathetic, not remotely someone who is suppsoed to know how editors are meant to behave, and more importantly, how to deal with editors that are misbehaving.

Certainly not exactly inspirational. If you can be as experiencd and high ranking as this guy, and still look like you're floundering in three inches of water, well, would anyone be inspired to sign up?

This is a man who thinks I am a fool. I feel like Einstein and The incredible Hulk right now. Can't think why.

A fool I may be, but I do have a question. What happens when Giano pings him again? Does that mean someone can block him? More importantly, what happens when Bishonen unblocks him?

Not as easy as it seems, this self governance stuff, eh? Not when you're not professionals, and aren't really as wedded to the principles of the project as you should be.

Hang on, I'll get the Foundation on the line. You fuckers clearly need help.

:lol: :oops:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:00 am

jeez, man......I also think Giano and Beeb are idiots, but if you have to write a 4-page tirade, get a blog.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:44 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:00 am
jeez, man......I also think Giano and Beeb are idiots, but if you have to write a 4-page tirade, get a blog.
get badmachine on the case then....... ;)

Am not gonna waste an ounce of my own precious time or money on these idiots, bar of course, the odd bit of typing now and again.