Beeblebrox takes the piss out of, and MISGENDERS, a hard working editor

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox takes the piss out of, and MISGENDERS, a hard working editor

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:24 pm

More fun from the Beeblebrox Doesn't Really Give A Shit, a popular comic published by ArbCom Inc.....

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 19#p293406
Indiscrete Alaskan Immigrant Prick wrote:Alaska is of course better represented in the winter Olympics, but a young woman from Seward, Lydia Jacoby (T-H-L) made it to the games this year so I looked her up. It's actually a pretty decent article, well sourced and all that, but she's a swimmer and they get a lot of coverage. It looks like Tanis Coralee Leonhardi (T-C-L) wrote a lot of Olympic swimmer bios, in addition tot telling his entire life story on his user page.
I mean, it's hilarious that he would MISGENDER an editor who he is already taking the piss out of for having supposedly wrote their life story in their user page (suggesting he didn't even read it).

I read it, and it's quite fun. Certainly better than being told that Wikipedia Administrator Ritchie333 thinks (in userboxe form!) that anyone who voted for Trump is a retard or anyone who reads the Daily Mail is a retard.

It certainly MAKES A FUCKING CHANGE to see a user page where a person's life is expressed in words, not USERBOXES. Although I suppose it feels a little too real, and little too shameful, when you're actually typing things like "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman" into you user page. Might make you think, am I using this to inform other editors, or just (helpfully) telling them I'm a passive prick who wouldn't be anywhere near Wikipedia if its leadership made sure homophobia really wasn't welcome.

A Wikipedia user page is there to tell others what your interests are, so that you might COLLABORATE. This one seems to me to fit the bill, even the slightly eccentric stuff has potential relevance for other editors. Look at all those blue links.....for a moment there, I was almost even fooled into thinking Wikipedia is an encyclopedia! It's a good way to monitor for vandalism on topics you are interested in I imagine.

Not hard to see why Tanis wrote a lot of Olympic swimming bios (too hard to figure for Beeblebrox though).....
I was a competitive swimmer ...... for 12+ years
I didn't really need to check, but naturally, while Wikipedia has a FUCKLOAD of userboxes describing why Wikipedia is biased (because its editors are prejudiced), it has no userboxes for people who were competitive swimmers. Mind you, it's Wikipedia, so she might be the only one!

You can have the user box that says "This user is a [[swimmer]]", which is fucking useful, right? If you were wondering, yes, the article it links to makes clear that "This article is about standard human swimming. For competitive swimming [go elsewhere]".

As you probably could have guessed, even when broadened to, are you a human that regularly? propels themselves in water without drowning, Wikipedia only has 544 editors who fit the bill. Sounds about right..... :deadbanana:

Focusing on what you know and love is not great for avoiding bias, depending on how close you are, but Wikipedia long ago showed it lacks the grown up ability to pursue high level policy by persuading people to steer clear of writing and patrolling what you are personally invested in (and who would share blame for leadership failings like that? Yup, ArbCom, and you can see from shitheads like Beeblebrox that high level think left the building long ago).

All told, Tanis is a newcomer to Wikipedia, a woman, a minority (orientation), and writes much needed content.

Should Beeblebrox, who holds a leadership position on Wikipedia, be saying ANYTHING at all about a person like that, on a forum with Wikipediocracy's reputation? And after he has already been warned about being indiscrete? Let alone something that was most definitely disrespectful (assuming she was a he) and could be construed as mockery (criticism of her her page)?

Obviously not. But we know, he probably doesn't give a fuck, and NewYorkBrad is either too busy or too disrespected himself, to stop him.

Wikipedia. Bastards.