Beeblebrox tries, and fails, to convince people he can write an encyclopedia

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox tries, and fails, to convince people he can write an encyclopedia

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:47 am

If there is anything to gain from Beeblebrox trying his hardest to make friends with Wikipediocracy, it's how often he reveals what an utter moron in he is. Someone who would always be incapable of writing an encyclopedia (therefore an odd community choice for someone who has the power to decide who is in and who is out).

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 11#p293711

Here he is gobbing off about "In Popular Culture" sections.....
I hate these sections, but I think we're stuck with them, and probably with the name as well. My way of dealing with overly-long ones (which is most of them) is to first just straight up remove anything without a reference, then go through what's left looking for more minor references, throwaway lines from TV shows, etc and remove those as well. The example I cited in the village pump discussion is my unending struggle to keep Commander Riker out of the article on Valdez, Alaska (T-H-L). It's a perfect example of a throwaway line, he never goes back there, even when they visit Earth, and never really talks about it, it's just a bit of backstory to fill in his personality. Talk:Valdez, Alaska/Archive 1 (T-H-L) shows this goes back at least twelve years, right up to June of this year.
For a start, look at the prick acting like he's a Wiki God for being prepared to yank out anything without a source. That is, of course, not what policy says he should do. You can only do that for BLP material. In all other cases, you should show respect to your colleagues and the encyclopedia, and either tag it or find a better reason to remove it, if indeed you choose not to even try to make the effort to source it.

But this is Wikipedia. The editors at the VERY TOP of the self governance structure don't know or don't respect basic policy. And they were ELECTED by the community, so they're also either TOO STUPID to know or even less giving of a shit about basic policy.

It was the Star Trek crap that made me laugh though. Acting as if somehow, if a FICTIONAL CHARACTER in his TV show ever actually visited the Earth settlement he comes from, far in the future nonetheless, that would somehow make it worthy of mention in the Wikipedia article on that city?

That's enough? No requirement, at the VERY LEAST, that someone other than a Wikipedia editor noticed?

Beyond ridiculous.

Over to you Wikipediocracy. Did you even spot these issues, and if so, are you prepared to risk offending your new WIKI FRIEND by pointing them out, as perhaps an example of what is really wrong with Wikipedia? Incompetence at the highest levels.

Am gonna say no, and hell no.

Way to sell out Jake.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: Beeblebrox tries, and fails, to convince people he can write an encyclopedia

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Aaaaand Eric Corbett will be spinning in his grave that this is one of his supposed acolytes......
dipshit wrote:Not all heroes wear capes.
Let that sink in. Wikipediocracy thinks this dumb Beeblebastard, who said not one but two things that contradict basic policy, someone who is a WIKIPEDIA ARBITRATION COMMITTEE MEMBER, is a superhero.

Beyond stupid.

The mystery of why Wikipedia is still here, and still shite, is solved. Because this dickhead is supposedly drawn from the OPPOSITION BENCHES. He wasn't paid to say this shit, he's not begging for an unblock, nor trying to curry favour with a power user, he said it willingly and without duress. He genuinely believes it. Mental.

And to channel the other Eric for a mo....

He won't come here to explain himself, the cowardly little weasel fellator.

Too afraid by half.

Knowledge is powah.

:ugeek:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Beeblebrox tries, and fails, to convince people he can write an encyclopedia

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:42 pm

The example I cited in the village pump discussion is my unending struggle to keep Commander Riker out of the article on Valdez, Alaska (T-H-L).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :flamingbanana:

And to channel the other Eric for a mo....
He won't come here to explain himself, the cowardly little weasel fellator.
;) Nope, never. He's got his "captive audience" and fuck the rest of the world.

(The fact that his "captive audience" consists mostly of paranoid Wiki cult members watching WPO for criticisms of THEMSELVES---the same miserable petty lids who also watch THIS site for the same reason---well, that doesn't matter. We know Wikipedia's "Heroes" are reading this and we know Wikipediocracy's resident shitbirds are reading this. Fuck y'all to hell. Have a nice day.)