If not homophobia, why did Beeblebrox think this image was "gross"?

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

If not homophobia, why did Beeblebrox think this image was "gross"?

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:05 pm

So, Beeblebrox wants people to believe his attacks on Fae aren't motivated by homophobia. That he would treat them no differently if they were straight.....
 I don't like Fae, one specific person with a toxic personality, who happens to be queer. I would feel the same if they were straighter than a ruler. Beeblebrox (talk) 19:00, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
And it's his dumb luck that the more he acts like a person who doesn't want to take personal responsibility for what he has done, the less likely people would believe him.

Beeblebrox is already the guy who has expressed his glee at the thought Fae reads his attacks....
Aaaand now Fae has decided to make a new thread complaining about this thread and claiming they are frightened of me.  :lol:  Apparently my comments, which he clearly reads regularly, are super scary and commons should somehow get me fired from the oversight team on en.wp. Good luck with that Fae, enjoy your continued lurking here.  :lol:  Just so we're clear, we all already know you lurk here, you've made that exceedingly obvious many times, so this isn't the "gotcha" you imagine it is.
.....and he has followed that up by referring to Fae as a toxic personality on Fae's own en.wiki talk page, that Beeblebrox knows he can't currently edit.

It's a funny thing, the Wikipedia community. When Guy Macon recently took the piss out of Fae by repeatedly referring them as Fae on that very page, so as to pointedly avoid using the pronoun "they", there was an Administrator on scene to rightly block them for transphobic trolling.

It's understandable why there is no Administrator on scene to tale similar action over this personal attack. They would effectively be blocking their boss. The only people who can realistically block Beeblebrox are his fellow ArbCom members, but they don't seem too interested in expediting an immediate investigation of their colleague....
.....I understand that there is a claim that Beeblebrox has engaged in off-wiki harassment. I'm not sure I agree with that, but I'll put a pin in my opinion on that point....WormTT(talk) 16:08, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
.....which us understandable, given they're desperately trying to convince the world and their nominal bosses the Wikimedia Foundation, that they can be trusted to stamp out all forms of intolerance and harassment.

In the hope's that pin is properly pulled, let's examine one particular comment Beeblebrox made to his scuzzy mates at Wikipediocracy.

It was one simple word. "Gross". It conveys quite a strong disgust, no?

Post with the image:
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 09#p294436

Post where Beeblebrox registers his disgust:
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 09#p294443

So, what got Beeblebrox so disgusted? It was an image of Fae. As far as I know, that's an image they had donated to Commons out of the kindness of his heart, without fear or or shame. It's a simple depiction of a niche but perfectly legal sexual activity. I'm not even sure, in these times, it's even a particularly shocking image. Mainstream popular culture has embraced these themes, even if the latest shows perhaps haven't reached Alaska.

No naughty bits are shown certainly, and indeed you would see worse on some days in that regard on the front page of Wikipedia, which is of course a resource for children. We can probably guess that Beeblebrox isn't remotely grossed out by images of breasts or vulvas on the Main Page, and probably not even a penis, as long as the man isn't gay I suppose.

So, if Beeblebrox doesn't find that image to he gross because he has some personal disgust of Fae's sexual identity, what was it?

I'd love to know if he has an answer, if it isn't homophobia.

It might be useful if anyone has any evidence Beeblebrox has ever been similarly grossed out by straight editors. If he has ever pursued any of them as toxic personalities for casting those who have a problem with them as homophobes (or whatever the straight equivalent of that would be!).

Perhaps his friends on Wikipediocracy can ask him?

Nah, that might upset Beeblebrox. And they can't have that, can they? Which is, of course, the only thing about any of this to feel disgusted by.