Beeblebrox brings some English Wikipedia cultural values to Commons

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox brings some English Wikipedia cultural values to Commons

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:51 am

One subtext to Beeblebrox's harassment of Fae at Commons, was his desire as a high ranking en.wiki person to see the culture and m.o. of English Wikipedia subsume all the other projects, without any due regard for the fact other projects usually have very good reason for not wanting their advice/help/interference from their jackass of a big brother.

You can see this in pretty much his next significant act at Commons, once he'd finihed gloating about having harassed one of their most productive users.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... #Bad_photo

In just a few careless and ill chosen words and deeds, he does great harm, all in ways that are recognisable as the toxic habits of the untouchable class of English Wikipedia editor.

Despite the fact his target is obviously an inexperienced user who is doing their best to help the projects, he shits all over their work, using unconstructive and inflammatory words like "horrible" and "awful" to describe their uploads, seemingly questioning their competence too, apparently unaware that video conference programs will often lower the resolution to assist with reliability.

Perhaps worst crime of all for a project like Commons, he rather laughably automatically assumes the user is uploading copyright violations based on his own rather ignorant knowledge of what is available out there, not having actually checked the specific images himself. And of course once he realised his fuck up, he still doesn't even have the decency to apologise, even though it is now clear to him that the user has done what Commons expects people to do, and used only sources that have acceptable licenses.

Throwing his weight around like a twat, his answer to this non-problem is of course to perform a hostile act of mass deletion nominations, which he clouds from the outset with his rather absurd claims that using a blurry image of a frowning face to illustrate a biography is not just undesirable, it's a BLP violation! Obvious garbage, completely devaluing an important policy which is there to prevent harm, not mere subject dissatisfaction.

And of course, he is also arrogant enough to advance the argument that these images can safely be deleted because they're of no use to English Wikipedia, and asshole that he is, he can conceive of no other way that any other project might be able to use them, because they're only minor US politicians. Commons of course is perfectly allowed to create gallery pages of local US politicians, and illustrate them however they wish.

Just another day on Commons for Beeblebrox. En.wiki twat is as en.wiki twat does.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Beeblebrox brings some English Wikipedia cultural values to Commons

Post by boredbird » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:48 am

zzz Beeblebrox zzz…

Basic problem here is that you have nothing.

It's like NIDA vs. Antandrus I guess he must have blocked your sock.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: Beeblebrox brings some English Wikipedia cultural values to Commons

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:09 am

boredbird wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:48 am
Basic problem here is that you have nothing.
Bullshit.

In this thread alone, I have an en.wiki Arbitrator exporting multiple bad behaviours that are endemic on en.wiki (because assholes like him are ultimately responsible for setting behavioural standards there) to another project where they typically don't exist.

In this whole sub forum, I have this en.wiki Arbitrator being guilty of harassment, general toxic behaviour, and exhibiting all kinds of basic cluelessness regarding a range of basic and important policies.

I have basically proved how bad you can be, to get a measly 200 more votes than last year's candidate who really was simply running becuase they were butthurt, but only 200 less than the man widely considered the best there is.

Beeblebrox doesn't mean a damn thing to me personally. It will probably crush him to learn he isn't one of the people in the cult I consider a personal enemy. Doesn't mean I wouldn't take great pleasure in kicking his face in if I ever run into him, but it would only be on principle.

He confuses obsession with righteous zeal. Just one of the many examples of how he's a straight up retard in comparison to even the stupidest professional encyclopedia that ever lived.