Beeblebrox shows an arrogant disregard for Wikipedian's safety

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beeblebrox shows an arrogant disregard for Wikipedian's safety

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:59 pm

Beeblebrox's posting on Wikipediocracy has quite rightly become an issue for this year's ArbCom election.

Bilorv posted a long comment, of which I'll extract this pertinent part...
Now, I don't think there is a problem with reading comments there (as I do), or taking actions based on them in some cases. However, part of the problem is that this "well researched" obsessive investigation into Wikipedians is the same drive behind doxxing, and Wikipediocracy certainly does not care what WP:OUTING says (though a sitting arb should).
Beeblebrox's reply was characteristically dismissive and indeed insulting....
I feel like what you are saying (some others have said it as well) is that I should "know better" than to discuss anything at all there, even things that can be discussed openly here. I just don't see the logic in that..... 
The logic was obvious, and hard to refute. Seeing an Arb participate in the forum threads where Wikipediocracy conduct their "investigations" can only encourage them to harass Wikipedians, since pretty much every aspect of their kind of investigation concerns who is doing what and why, which invariably and all too quickly results in de facto OUTing violations.

It has been suggested by Beeblebrox that he's not doing anything wrong and the fact isn't even the first the Arb to post there regularly somehow proves it, only serves to highlight the difference between what they do and what he does.

For in my experience, the other Arbs who have posted there have confined themselves to either general commentary, or replies to things that concern them as individuals. None of them have done what Beeblebrox seems to want to do, and actually get involved themselves and indeed be an active participant in these investigations. This is in addition to the clear difference between the other Arbs general reluctance to talk about active Cases, and Beeblebrox's apparent desire to use Wikipediocracy as a parallel Case /Request and /Workshop venue.

What explains the difference?

You might perhaps be able to forgive him for this naive and careless disregard of his solemn duty, if he were doing this as part of a burning desire to do what is in the best interests of Wikipedia. But no. The truth of why he found himself at Wikipediocracy, was the sad truth behind much of what Wikipedia editors do. Social isolation and addiction.
....in the last two years of social isolation,working from home, etc, I have realized that to a certain extent [Wikipediocracy] replaced actual socializing for me.....

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: Beeblebrox shows an arrogant disregard for Wikipedian's safety

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 am

Related I guess....
Sensible Wikipediocracy poster wrote:I've heard that sometimes people on this website will post someone's real-life name for no obvious reason other than to piss them off. I haven't seen it happen yet, but it'd be messed up if it was true!
Beeblebrox wrote:I've even heard that a mod here trolled an election with an obvious sock, then threw a complete hissy fit when that blew up in their face. Probably just a rumor though.
Even as a joke, equating the serious harm inherent in the needless use of a Wikipedia editor's real name on a forum known to be frequented by Globally Banned users, to the alleged harm caused by a sock posting a joke candidacy in an ArbCom election, is a window into the mind of Beeblebrox.

It must be killing him that ElectCom hasn't actually removed the alleged postings of a Globally Banned user from the election, presumably precisely because the postings in isolation didn't actually violate any of the policies Wikipedia has to prevent actual harm.