The Rambling Man is all heart.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

The Rambling Man is all heart.

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ook_outage

While it may have been somewhat influenced by their tech obsessions, I was at least surprised to see most Wikipedia editors understood that in encyclopedic significance terms, the primary issue with the recent social media outage was not the affect on the first world, but the third world, who for obvious reasons have rather come to rely on free messaging apps as their primary and indeed only means of communication. And just as there is only really one search engine, one social networking site and one internet encyclopedia, there really is only one messaging app. The one that went down.

It's a mere pain in the ass for us. But deprive someone of a means of earning money for six hours, and in the third world, you are literally talking about kids going hungry.

All because the internet isn't as bomb proof as the US govt. led us believe.

There was of course one massive tool on Wikipedia who still just doesn't get it.

The Rambling Man.

White. Western. Male. Privileged. Asshole.

How is he still a Wikipedia editor?

You don't need to invent a new rule, the way he gratuitously sprayed his opinion all across that debate, his use of sarcasm and assorted other nonsense, is already quite clearly against the behavioural code.

It is a mark of how long he has been tolerated, that his pantomime act no longer causes arguments or disputes. Those who can't stand him, just stay away, and everyone else just let's his toxicity wash over them, silently eating away at their soul.

Unsurprisingly, his glib, thoughtless and arrogant musings belied a real lack of thoughtful consideration. The thought that it actually costs money to use a landline, if you even have one, apparently never even occured to him. All inclusive mobile packages are also apparently universal in his mind.

Best of all, can people really use other messaging apps as he claimed, when the sheer weight of having to cope with the millions of WhatsApp users all wanting to come to their site at the same time hits? Unsurprisingly, no. DARPA lied to us.

Facebook et al are streamlined to suit their needs, their expected demand, their customer model. They are meant to be indispensible, and big enough to need their own DNS servers. If they go down, you are meant to be absolutely fucked, and in ways you hadn't even dreamed of.

But he sticks to his guns. In another rather blatant breach of the Wikipedia behavioural code, his tune doesn't alter one bit even after someone pointed out the other rather obvious affect that at least harms something he does care about - the Western world. For millions of people, the inability to log in via Facebook causes all manner of unforeseen issues.

Even in his glibness, I was most amused by the idea that he seems to think people can simply control their heating giver their telephones. Lolwut? I assume he didn't mean phone your neighbours who have a spare key.

If he is that pig ignorant about stuff that doesn't really matter, how would he even know what the consequences might be for serious matters? How many people might have missed flights or other time critical appointments simply because today, something they had always assumed would always work, just, well, didn't.

Facebook is meant to be ubiquitous. It is on the Internet, but it isn't the internet. That is why Wikipedia has that same aim, quite literally. On but not of. The exact plan of the WMF, luckily nowhere near realised yet, is that if Wikipedia went down for six hours, people would legit be screwed. How does he not know that? Because the prick doesn't read. At least not stuff he isn't interested in.

A stupid old bastard, set in his ways, safe in his prejudices, laughing at the local kids, until he gets a shock and the kids are able to turn his heating on and off at will. And because he is obviously the neighbourhood asshole, they would naturally want to use that power to hasten his journey to the Pearly Gates. Not that he is going up, of course.

It's no crime to disagree, nor to even be a moron (though one wonders what the utility to Wikipedia of being a moron is). It is a crime to be an ass.

The Wikipedia Administrators are weak.

Here's hoping the universe rectifies things.

HTD.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: The Rambling Man is all heart.

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:33 pm

Classy to the very end.
everything back as it was less than six hours later, following a "configuration issue", so not even malevolent forces at work, just a mistake. This is such a non-event, it almost isn't worthy of an article. I do feel really sorry for all those people who had to actually walk to their thermostat to adjust the temperature rather than use their phones. What a disaster for them. Perhaps we could set up a helpline, get them some counselling. The Rambling Man (Keep wearing the mask...) 07:07, 5 October 2021 (UTC)

....it was a glitch, nothing nefarious, nothing long-lasting, nothing remarkable in any sense. Almost six hours without cat memes and hi-tech thermostat usage.... The Rambling Man (Keep wearing the mask...) 10:15, 5 October 2021 (UTC)
Meanwhile, in the real world, we have learned the surprising consequences of this event OF COURSE included screwing over African women.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-58810681
Kafui Adzah's restaurant Akosombo Bar in Accra relies heavily on meal orders via WhatsApp and Instagram. During the outage, she says her orders halved in volume as customers struggled to make orders.
But what would that matter to a white Western male fuck like Rambling Man?

Maybe someone should tell the media that Wikipedia has a systemic bias issue?

Oh no, wait, that already happened.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:23 pm

okay, does anyone else have something to add?

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:43 pm

rog wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:13 am
but, rather promisingly, he only called me a pedo twice

Baby steps for a baby crow.
:lol:

What you people have against simple statements of fact, I will never know. :roll:

Kumioko was pedo banned from Wikipedia.

Michael Cockram was pedo banned from Wikipedia.

Simple statements of fact. You can dispute them, sure, but thanks to Wikipediocracy and Vigilant's general stupidity, you can't do so without outing Wikipediocracy/Vigilant as collaborators with the Wikimedia Foundation. Which I guess, seeing as how you took a job as Jake's very own Vigilant babysitter, makes you a traitor to the cause too. Which was already know of course.

Who was it who engineered this beautiful bear trap?

Why it was only little old me! :D

Maybe I'm MickMacNee, maybe I'm not. One of the many advantages of doing Wikipedia criticism with the level of serious thought such a mission requires, is the ability to deny such a claim, should it ever be necessary. Because what kind of fool wants to leave themselves open to accusations of pedophilia?

Deny it all you want, but the path from Mick to me, contains AT LEAST three clear cut examples of my enemies doing what the Wikipedia Cult Police are famed for doing, seeing what they want to see, as well as just plain fabricating evidence.

A bad lot, them. Someone should start a website to investigate and expose their practices. :D

What say you, Micheal? Sound like something you could support?

The facts on the ground don't seem to bear it out. :oops:

You will dispute them, sure, but who would believe you? Thanks to high quality journalism done in the manifest public interest, we know who you are and what you do in your spare time. We know the way you participate in these critic forums is very similar to how you are elsewhere. And you have never denied you are he. Because you are he.

You done fucked up, Micheal.

I've not done the math, but casting a casual eye over the battle field, you appear to have fucked yourself harder than any of my past enemies. I guess that explains why I appear to be your nemesis. Little old me! :D

I'm a big boy, I shall take one for the team if necessary. If only one child is kept safe by keeping you away from your more usual hangouts, I will take that.

:whambo:

You should take a look into that chain though. People like Newslinger. Gone. Mysteriously. Presumed hunted down, beaten, strung up and burned by Indian nationalists.

That shit is what happens to people who take the Crow for a fool. :twisted:

Maybe one day you will read all about it. :ugeek:

Or maybe it will just remain a beautiful mystery, the hidden secrets of a cult. You of all people know how those Guardian journalists view their job!

And what this man was doing to earn his corn during that time.... -> :whambo:

Oh my what a tapestry I seem to weave, by ironically just pulling at a few small threads. Chasing down promising leads. And of course, half the time it seems I don't even know I'm doing it! :D

I am an inspiration, my reach goes far beyond mere fora, and even seems to cross continents. Would that you could say the same, dear Micheal. You can barely navigate the journey across our shared street without some harm coming to you. We used to have a crossing guard. I think she quit, she seemed to object to the way some of those on your side seemed to like, uh, accidentally brushing up against her bottom. How is the Wikipediocracy sexism sub-forum these days? Still barren? Well, it's no surprise, they didn't hire you for your progressive nature, did they!?!?!

I know why it happens, this beautiful lesson in consequence. I take shit personal. As my fans have observed, I'm like Vigilant, only better at it. And that I am sure was said before he had so obviously given up the fight. We may never know what went on during his retreat, but I have a feeling it involved some kind of restorative therapy, by some kindly nuns I imagine. Not back to his best, but able walk and talk again.

And wouldn't it be a sheer irony if that happened to a racist deviant bastard like you?

HTD.

:flamingbanana:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:04 am

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:43 pm
Kumioko was pedo banned from Wikipedia.

Michael Cockram was pedo banned from Wikipedia.
we could always pedo-ban YOU. But I'd rather have some further amusement.
Maybe I'm MickMacNee, maybe I'm not.
You did some stunningly embarrassing things in the British Isles area. So don't brag.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:53 am

puko.png
puko.png (65.19 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
puko.png
puko.png
puko.png