Someone just XfD'd the "No Nazis" essay. Let's bet on how long 'til they're banned.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Someone just XfD'd the "No Nazis" essay. Let's bet on how long 'til they're banned.

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:27 am

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Someone just XfD'd the "No Nazis" essay. Let's bet on how long 'til they're banned.

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:52 am

That's a bizarre little squabble. Zanahary claims to be a Jewish Malagasy, so calling him a Nazi would be just plain silly. And they tried anyway....
Definitely the funniest part of my Wikipedia journey has been when my good-faith contributions are met with the snarls of super-editors who think smug hostility and put-downs are a good way to engage with one another. Implying I'm a Nazi (anti-authoritarian Jewish African homosexual btw), then walking it back without an apology but with a patronizing "Oh, I'll be nice, but just so you know, bad people have said what you've said", is baffling coming from someone ostensibly at least somewhat dedicated to a project rooted in collaboration and frank, objective aggregation of truth. Zanahary (talk) 03:32, 2 December 2023 (UTC)
VERY strong point. But that won't stop Wiki-Trolls from harassing him in the future.

The previous attempt to delete NONAZIs in 2019
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ts/nonazis
was a reason cited to ban the nominator (an obvious right-wing editor) for ETERNITY.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... ions/Jwray
Last edited by ericbarbour on Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

badmachine
Sucker

Re: Someone just XfD'd the "No Nazis" essay. Let's bet on how long 'til they're banned.

Post by badmachine » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:56 am

lol withdrawn by proposer and closed by a non-admin

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:48 am

That essay is just typical of how ignorant of the world most Wikipedia editors are.

This part.....
The core beliefs uniting various types of Nazis are:

That white people are more intelligent than non-whites.
.....is directly contradicted by the "white people" Wikipedia article it links to....
Although modern neo-Nazis often invoke Nazi iconography on behalf of White nationalism, Nazi Germany repudiated the idea of a unified White race, instead promoting Nordicism. In Nazi propaganda, Eastern European Slavs were often referred to as Untermensch (subhuman in English), and the relatively under-developed economic status of Eastern European countries such as Poland and the USSR was attributed to the racial inferiority of their inhabitants.[45]
I think this reveals the true purpose of the essay. They're trying to mask the fact that most of the racism encountered on Wikipedia doesn't originate in some far off continent that they think they have outgrown, it has an origin far more closer to home....
The term "White race" or "White people" entered the major European languages in the later seventeenth century, originating with the racialization of slavery at the time, in the context of the Atlantic slave trade[18]
In the British colonies in North America and the Caribbean, the designation English or Christian was initially used in contrast to Native Americans or Africans. Early appearances of White race or White people in the Oxford English Dictionary begin in the seventeenth century.[4] Historian Winthrop Jordan reports that, "throughout the [thirteen] colonies the terms Christian, free, English, and white were ... employed indiscriminately" in the seventeenth century as proxies for one another.[29] In 1680, Morgan Godwyn "found it necessary to explain" to English readers that "in Barbados, 'white' was 'the general name for Europeans.'"[30] Several historians report a shift towards greater use of White as a legal category alongside a hardening of restrictions on free or Christian blacks.[31] White remained a more familiar term in the American colonies than in Britain well into the 1700s, according to historian Theodore W. Allen.[30]
I'm willing to bet this essay was written because to many Americans, given their nation's history, the phrase "white supremacist" perhaps doesn't even sound wrong, let alone abhorrent. But everyone there knows a Nazi is bad, because they've seen all the Hollywood films where evil Germans get machine gunned by saintly Americans.

This was pretty amusing though.....
As is pointed out in the note in the lede, much of what is written here can be applied to racists of various non-white (or non-Nazi) flavors, as well. All one must do is swap out "white people" and "non-whites" for the races in question, and if the shoe fits, their behavior is no more excusable than that of any Neo-Nazi or Klansman.
If do you take this literally, the essay says.....
The core beliefs uniting various types of non-Nazis are:

That non-white people are more intelligent than whites.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:03 am

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:00 am

Interesting.....from Bitch Talk, I mean Bish Talk....
I'm still around in the background, but less than you. I kinda took over WP:NONAZIS after Mpants. If you and sympathetic talk page watchers could look after it, I'd appreciate it. I'm somewhat depressed that people don't understand that the context was that we had people who thought the extermination of non-European ethnicities was a good thing here and that there were people at ANI defending not blocking them for that fact alone. NONAZIS effectively decimated that argument, and I take issue with some of the recent comments at the MfD and talk page that don't understand it's value. Feel free to email as always, I'm around there :) TonyBallioni (talk) 07:51, 3 December 2023 (UTC)
So....Tony Ballioni really can't think of a single policy that would adequately "decimate" the argument, "I do not think this user who just said the extermination of non-European ethnicities would be a good thing" ?

He's gotta reach for a document that demonstrates an astonishing lack of awareness of what was so bad about the Original Nazis and why most well educted Europeans would probably laugh their fucking heads off if you told them Wikipedia believes their occasional racist visitors are motivated more by a desire to emulate a German fascist movement that survives today only as an extreme of an extreme*, rather than an American tradition of using your fellow man as agricultural machinery and occasional rope adornments, which in many ways persists to this day in pretty much all areas of American society, INCLUDING WIKIPEDIA.

I swear to God, what the FUCK.

This is why I don't get the whole Jimmy Wales hate fest sometimes, and deliberately pepper my posts with reminders that he wasn't as stupid (or for that matter as evil) as the people who have replaced him as Wikipedia's erstwhile leaders.

When the hell did Jimmy Wales say anything as stupid as this, in his entire time running Wikipedia?

Tony doesn't inspire me. Tony makes me deeply concerned for a generation of Americans raised on Wikipedia and then trying to be good citizens in a world where America probably doesn't mean shit because they inexplicably somehow got even stupider than the Americans my generation already think are some of the stupidest humans who ever walked this planet.

There you go Tony.

NOW YOU NEED TO WRITE WP:NO BRITS

You dumbass.

* Recent successes by far right parties in mainstream European politics are apparently not relevant here, because according to NONAZIS, they're not proper Nazis or entitled to a full membership of the Nazi historical family tree. They are merely nationalist Nazis. Which if you think about it, is a pretty dope insult given the whole Greater Germany thing the Originals had going on there for a while.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:02 am

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:00 am
Interesting.....from Bitch Talk, I mean Bish Talk....
I'm still around in the background, but less than you. I kinda took over WP:NONAZIS after Mpants. If you and sympathetic talk page watchers could look after it, I'd appreciate it. I'm somewhat depressed that people don't understand that the context was that we had people who thought the extermination of non-European ethnicities was a good thing here and that there were people at ANI defending not blocking them for that fact alone. NONAZIS effectively decimated that argument, and I take issue with some of the recent comments at the MfD and talk page that don't understand it's value. Feel free to email as always, I'm around there :) TonyBallioni (talk) 07:51, 3 December 2023 (UTC)
So....Tony Ballioni really can't think of a single policy that would adequately "decimate" the argument, "I do not think this user who just said the extermination of non-European ethnicities would be a good thing" ?

He's gotta reach for a document that demonstrates an astonishing lack of awareness of what was so bad about the Original Nazis and why most well educted Europeans would probably laugh their fucking heads off if you told them Wikipedia believes their occasional racist visitors are motivated more by a desire to emulate a German fascist movement that survives today only as an extreme of an extreme*, rather than an American tradition of using your fellow man as agricultural machinery and occasional rope adornments, which in many ways persists to this day in pretty much all areas of American society, INCLUDING WIKIPEDIA.

I swear to God, what the FUCK.

This is why I don't get the whole Jimmy Wales hate fest sometimes, and deliberately pepper my posts with reminders that he wasn't as stupid (or for that matter as evil) as the people who have replaced him as Wikipedia's erstwhile leaders.

When the hell did Jimmy Wales say anything as stupid as this, in his entire time running Wikipedia?

Tony doesn't inspire me. Tony makes me deeply concerned for a generation of Americans raised on Wikipedia and then trying to be good citizens in a world where America probably doesn't mean shit because they inexplicably somehow got even stupider than the Americans my generation already think are some of the stupidest humans who ever walked this planet.

There you go Tony.

NOW YOU NEED TO WRITE WP:NO BRITS

You dumbass.

* Recent successes by far right parties in mainstream European politics are apparently not relevant here, because according to NONAZIS, they're not proper Nazis or entitled to a full membership of the Nazi historical family tree. They are merely nationalist Nazis. Which if you think about it, is a pretty dope insult given the whole Greater Germany thing the Originals had going on there for a while.
If the desire to exterminate non-white ethnicities is against Wikipedia's supposed rules, shouldn't Zionists be banned?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:34 am

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:00 am
He said plenty of stupid things, but usually somewhere that no one would see his stupid....or so he thought.

Remember the old Fastlizard4 IRC captures from 2005? Plenty of example of Wales and his idiot supporters typing stupid things......
https://encyclopediadramatica.online/Fr ... 4_captures

(PS: believe it or not, Fastlizard4 now runs a private wiki. Full of Minecraft trivia. There's your "good Wikipedian".)

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:58 am

Looking at Zanahary's history, I think he might be trying to get banned. He's edited seemingly every contentious subject and article: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... &limit=500