Calling people racist is apparently a problem now

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
hyatt
Sucks

Calling people racist is apparently a problem now

Post by hyatt » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 am

... if you are a mere normal user.

On the other hand, when there was an editor who questioned whether Wikipedia should say definitively whether or not Shaun King was black when there was an open controversy about it...

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Calling people racist is apparently a problem now

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:22 am

Just an average day in the moron factory.....
As for the content discussion, there is no academic consensus on whether the Bihari languages (including Maithili) are separate languages or Hindi dialects. There is good academic support for both points of view. There is no 'racism' or 'vandalism' or 'bad faith' in supporting either view. So the actual content dispute is very small, and not to be dealt with here.
If this is an accurate statement of the dispute, then it's a pretty big problem if someone is editting in support of one or the other, or makes maps that support one side over the other. And others have claimed there is no dispute, the guy making the complaint about the map was essentially correct, and if others are just blanking him, racism is as good an explanation as to why as any other.

You can of course call people racists on Wikipedia if you believe you're correct (actual policy says you can't, even if you are correct), the first responder is a prime example of an admin who happily does just that.

Wikipedia is self-policing, so anyone going there looking for logic, justice or simple fairness, is on a fool's errand.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 am

I think a reply of mine to this post might be stuck in the moderation queue applied to early posts of new members.....?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:42 pm

Already archived because "closed":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... st_attacks.

The nut leveling the accusation was permab& quickly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Axomika

On the other hand, when there was an editor who questioned whether Wikipedia should say definitively whether or not Shaun King was black when there was an open controversy about it...

Also quickly archived and IP-address user blocked. Travis has been pooping his panties again.

I think a reply of mine to this post might be stuck in the moderation queue applied to early posts of new members.....?

Approved. Please keep yr comments reasonable.