New Commons depicts: license CC0

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: New Commons depicts: license CC0

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Thanks. Oh, how bloody typical of the "Wikimedia happyfun land". Someone bitches about this scheme being implemented with no discussion, and shithead Commons admin Slowking4 (AKA Jim Hayes, a libertarian and fellow of the Cato Institute as well as a Wikimedia DC member) crawls out of his hole to make asshole threats. Ask Mr. Hayes about Kristin Anderson's Commons images. NOTHING has changed on Commons:
You can point to the development team all you like, Keegan (WMF), but WMF should have announced, in all clarity, to all users a major change like this. But I think clarity is not part of the plan. Behavior like this might very well lead to a backfire you could not even have imagined. I, for one, am sort of disappointed, but I suddenly see quite clear what this is all about. And it ain't a pretty sight. Jürgen Eissink (talk) 01:57, 14 February 2019 (UTC).

just as behavior like this, from the community, might well get their non-constructive feedback deprecated in the future. Slowking4 § Sander.v.Ginkel's revenge 02:07, 14 February 2019 (UTC)

Do you want a ban on expressing feelings and insights, Slowking4? Is that the affection and behavior you would like to see established? A prohibition on criticism? Not in my world and life, Slowking4. Jürgen Eissink (talk) 02:19, 14 February 2019 (UTC).

don't know why you want to rant to the point of farce. wikidata has good reasons to use CC0, if you you do not want to work with that license, boycott, see what little impact it has on structured data. Slowking4 § Sander.v.Ginkel's revenge 02:28, 14 February 2019 (UTC)

I would be glad to have played you a little farce, but time will tell you if that is what I did. My indignation is sincere, whether you like trying to belittle it or not. Jürgen Eissink (talk) 02:41, 14 February 2019 (UTC).

i am sad you are indignant about this license trivia. a better target for your indignation would be [16]. you still have time to call your MP. Slowking4 § Sander.v.Ginkel's revenge 13:33, 14 February 2019 (UTC)

Do you really think the two are separate matters? And besides, you clearly don't know my background. Jürgen Eissink (talk) 15:16, 14 February 2019 (UTC).

Fuck you, Mr. Hayes. Fuck you. And fuck your Cato pals for sucking up to Congresspeople in order to "improve Wikipedia".