Wikimania 2019 uncensored

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Wikimania 2019 uncensored

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:44 am

Look, dear readers, of course Eurocrap including Lodewijk, Ciell and other Euro free loaders knows dammed well I am right from 2009 on. Why else would they stand with five middel aged persons with a pirate flag in there hand on De Dam in Amsterdam? And why do you think they trolled De Graaf out with a SanFanBan? Because I was right from the first mont on. Of course they have also heard what Alex Voss has said, governing by shitstorm.

Of course you can't run a website under the American Common Law in Holland/Europe with a total different legal system. And is copyleft what Romaine=>Wikimedia and friends where advocating Utter Fucking Bullsht.. It's the same as liberating bicycles in Europe. And of cource Romaine with his socks was trolling himself in the seventh heaven to hide the copyright true.
They know that all. Of course Eurocrap S.A. knows that, but now that same Romaine is hit by Tolling&Sucking.

And they know I know that too and are you just telling the true. So they found something new. A new troll strategy with Toxicity. Safety. Safe spaces. And a Trolling&Sucking de department. And of course is Welcome to "Thriving in Safety total crap and rubbish
So they stared a new safety offensive. ,Only to hide there lying for years and years. Only for all that free lunches and free beer. Only to cover there ass.
But they are closed up in Hotel California, because all that content is in a sort time complete worthless in the EU and bye bye donor money

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:33 am

eagle wrote:Mr. Wales basically retracted what he had said about the Strategy Working Groups and praised them for their hard work. He also spoke about the importance of civility and put up quotes from his past Wikimania speeches on the subject. Mr. Wales remarks were relatively brief, but he made the point that he does not like "toxic" users.

And now we have come to a really interesting point of this Wikimania. Because what considers Mister Wales as civil or uncivil and what is a toxic user in his opnion.
And this definition will be the most interesting part of the Mouvement Strategy in the future. Because, a bunch of trolls, free loaders and jerks will not lead the Wiki mouvement to the goals they want to reach I am afraid.
And keep the lesson in mind my father, a old professor who learned me as a child a important thing. Integrity belongs to the best things in this life what is for free and is not for sale.

Never accept sweets from people you don't know. Don't even accept one cup of coffee, a chocolate bar or a stroopwafel if you don't trust the situation because you end up in a hotel in California. Take distance en kijk éérst de kat uit de boom. Basic lessons from your parents and the kindergarten you nave visit long ago are the most important and the best lessons there are in life. And the rest and what you learn later is complete unimportant if you didn't understand what is told you back then.

Explanation of Kijk de kat uit de boom
Explanation in Dutch of the origine of this expression.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:41 pm

I wish we had somebody with a video camera filming this mess. They are never coming back to San Diego, but I would be willing to drive to Sacramento, Yuma, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles to video and photo people walking into and out of the conference building, because they did take my photo by smartphone more than once....unless James Alexander deleted those files when he lost his security gig with the WMF.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:49 pm

They know you, you had already a incident with Alexander.
No, I have a much better idea. We send to Bangkok a Sucks undercover team, a man, a woman and someone to film it. And in the middle of a life stream of a gender presentation with a lot of T&S officers around that woman start to shout: He has harassed me, with a lot of drama.

Worth every penny, Steln. :mrgreen:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Some fallout from this Wikimania:

https://slate.com/technology/2019/08/vi ... aps_bottom

Frankly some of the videos attached to WP articles have been worse than useless--someone's home project, assembled fast and dirty using only noncopyrighted images and sound. That's not a recipe for "high quality audiovisual educational materials".

Prior efforts to incorporate video have been met with pushback. From 2015–18, the English encyclopedia piloted a partnership with medical education provider Osmosis to incorporate videos into articles. But once created, it was difficult for other Wikipedians to edit those videos, which goes against the ethos of the community. The Wikipedia-Osmosis partnership formally ended in May 2018.

Go and read about the Osmosis project. Wikimedia fucked up again. Heilman and Orlowitz had their grubby little fingers in the pie from start to collapse...also involved were SandyGeorgia, Cas Liber, and the crankiest crank in WP history, SlimVirgin. OF COURSE IT FAILED. And let me guess: the Wikipooters fought over petty details and made the Osmosis employees miserable.

The Osmosis company made some passable animated videos, but I don't see any of them posted in their WP articles right now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Osmosis/Issues

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:43 am

Osmosis controversy:

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... ilit=Video

I was going to write about the way they are trying to do video now, but I think I decided that because it has a (very slim) chance of success, the downsides of publicizing it were not worth it. I guess the cat is out of the bag now. I'll make a thread momentarily.